[closed] STARFINDER - Breaking the Curse

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 2, 2022 3:05 pm
Cursed?

Apparently.

Many (several?) people on GP have attempted to run a STARFINDER game, with no luck. (I'm one of them, it fell apart almost instantly) And I'm here to prove that I do not learn from my setbacks. In the immortal words of Sir Thomas Beckett "try again, fail again. Fail better"

https://imaginaire.com/en/images/STARFINDER-CORE-RULEBOOK-POCKET-EDITION-ENGLISH__978164078252551999.JPG
Last edited July 6, 2022 8:53 pm
Jul 2, 2022 3:15 pm
I have already signed up as I want to break the Starfinder curse
Jul 2, 2022 3:25 pm
PLAYERS:

we're all beginners as afar as STARFINDER is concerned, so newb's are welcome. We have access to pdf's of all the core materials if you need help making a character.

STARFINDER character's also have a role as a StarShip's crew. We have a captain, and engineer, we need a science officer, pilot, and a gunner or three.

I usually post every day, but take lot's of short camping trips throughout the year where I have no access to GP. It will be a no-pressure game focused more on fun than strict rules. "adult" content is cool with me, but again, fun is the important thing.
Jul 2, 2022 3:32 pm
the HOOK:

I haven't actually chosen a story yet, I won't until I get a better idea of who's playing. But it will be a beginners adventure, straightforward, levels 1-4, paving the way for a "grand" adventure if this one goes well.

Here's what your character would know:

you will be from any planet you like, any race or class, any background.

in the centre of the known universe is a space station. From every planet in the sector, a bus line operates. Sure, the rich, the connected, the lucky, streak through space on StarShips. But just like everywhere else, regular folk take the bus. It's a crowded, smelly, dirty old jalopy. Probably not space worthy, and surely dangerous, but beggars can't be choosers. So you just need a good reason to be traveling to the "big city" as it were. You will be young, probably. Poor, definitely. And travelling to Absalom Station to follow your dreams, whatever they are. Anything is possible on Absalom.

https://wiki.rpg.net/images/3/31/Absalom.jpg

Absalom Station is a sprawling, densely inhabited space station filling a similar orbit that the forgotten planet Golarion once held around its sun. Its inhabitants include races native to, or descended from natives of, Golarion, making the station the last relic of the lost planet remaining in the Pact Worlds system. The station is also a focal point of the galaxy due to the Starstone, which makes the station effectively near every place in the galaxy via the Drift.
At five miles in diameter, Absalom Station is a tiny structure compared to the planets and moons of other worlds. It has artificial gravity and relies heavily on recycling. However, it is also a densely populated place that more than 2 million people call home. From above, it is shaped like an asymmetrical six-pointed star, spread across a flat disk with the central habitation zone covered in a dome.
Absalom Station is ruled by the Syndicsguild and its term-limited elected leader, the Prime Executive. The current Prime Executive is Kumara Melacruz. The Syndicsguild is elected to represent electoral districts that are frequently gerrymandered to favor certain factions over others, including some corporations and criminal gangs. The station is a neutral space for the Pact Worlds system's inhabitants. Security robots manufactured by AbadarCorp help to enforce its laws, though some complain that the best-equipped models patrol only the station's wealthiest neighborhoods.
Demographics: 46% human, 9% android, 9% ysoki, 7% lashunta, 5% shirren, 4% dwarf, 4% halfling, 4% kasatha, 3% vesk, 2% gnome, 1% nuar, 6% other.
Last edited July 2, 2022 5:56 pm
Jul 2, 2022 3:39 pm
if you've made it this far, I'm looking for 3-4 players, no experience necessary.
Jul 2, 2022 5:28 pm
If you need someone to help you face this curse, give me a call. I'll be your wingman.

I've extensive experience with Pathfinder. I've played a short Starfinder adventure, and have the book. I've wanted to use SF for a Babylon 5 based game since the system was announced, but haven't put any effort into that. Yet.

https://i.imgur.com/NTxEMIV.png

As always, take me last, as I'm in more games than Hoyle.
Jul 2, 2022 5:34 pm
I think this game has taken the place of Savage Worlds in curseland. 2 games I played in came to untimely ends.
Jul 2, 2022 5:53 pm
I'm a glutton for punishment...
Jul 2, 2022 6:47 pm
I'll give it a go. Total Starfinder newb, but I've got Pathfinder 1e and 2e experience.
Jul 2, 2022 7:02 pm
Sign me up please! I would love to play!
Jul 2, 2022 11:55 pm
I love starfinder, would love a chance to play!
Jul 4, 2022 12:28 pm
OK, I've sent out invitations. I'm not sure if you want one @Windyridge, but no pressure at all. @Qralloq maybe take a look around and decide if it's worth adding to your list.

@C1NDER
@Grezen
@Saenoch
welcome aboard!

I'll consider this game closed for the moment, but if we need another player I'll post here.
Jul 10, 2022 10:10 pm
If there is a waiting list for potential curse-breakers, please add me to it

You do not have permission to post in this thread.