[Interested?] Talislanta

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 6, 2022 12:55 am
Specifically thinking of the Fourth Edition.

There's a lonely empty corner of the grid of games listed at the bottom of my GP homepage, and I'd kinda like to fill it with the quirkiest, coolest setting I know - a setting that uses rules, which anticipate some of the "new school" gaming paradigm by nearly 30 years.

I refer to Talislanta.

Open to where on the vast continent and who the characters will be and what kind of mischief they'll get into.
Jul 6, 2022 3:56 pm
I'm here to thank you for the blast-from-the-past mention of Talislanta! It was pretty much the weird and alternative fantasy rpg of its era.
Jul 7, 2022 11:42 am
BedzoneII says:
I'm here to thank you for the blast-from-the-past mention of Talislanta! It was pretty much the weird and alternative fantasy rpg of its era.
Really, I think it's still the weird and alternative fantasy rpg of this era, too. If it's really fantasy and not sci-fi.
Jul 8, 2022 8:02 am
I probably am in too many games at present, but Talislanta is one fantasy universe I have always been curious about. Sounds utterly original, I am not a big fan of generic fantasy elf&dwarf stuff...

In my head Talislanta is to Fantasy what something like Skyrealms of Jorune is to SciFi.
Jul 8, 2022 11:59 am
Talislanta is interesting to me because it has a lot of different cultures crammed into a single continent, each doing their own thing and also interacting with neighboring cultures. There's no defined "good" or "evil" culture or big overarching conflict, and characters travel and intermingle. It's very much not-Tolkien not-epic fantasy.
Jul 10, 2022 6:49 pm
New to the forums but very interested in Talislanta! Only played it once in the past, 2nd Ed, fairly recently and had a blast
Jul 16, 2022 5:38 pm
I would be interested in playing but I have not played before but read the homepage. Seems fun!
Jul 17, 2022 1:11 am
I would like to play as some kind of mystic or shaman berserker type.

But that'll work in any world. Always thought it would be fun to play someone trying to find enlightenment through combat and martial arts.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.