Chapter 4 - Salar

load previous
Jul 6, 2016 1:40 pm
Not enough, apparently, Eagin responds to Xadria after Firn steps out of the car. He props himself up on his cot and looks at the bird that seems to be reading over Xadira's shoulder. So what's with that thing? Like I know it looks like a bird and acts like a bird, but from what I've heard it isn't really a bird. Does it eat?, he halfling questions as he gets up and walks over, eyeing the bird closer.
Jul 6, 2016 4:30 pm
CancerMan sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Jul 6, 2016 4:37 pm
"Fawkes is capable of eating, but he does not require sustenance. He is a fey spirit in hawk form." He hops off my shoulder for a moment and circles around the cramped space before landing on my opposite shoulder.
Jul 6, 2016 10:13 pm
"It certainly is an impressive looking animal" Ütés adds prying her eyes away from the maps. "Tell me, Xadira, can the fey take on the shape of other animals as well?"
Jul 10, 2016 4:09 am
Nix sits cross-legged in a corner, the Robe of Stars drawn about her. The Astral Plane, Ruven said. I wonder what that's like? Nix sends her awareness probing outwards, and attempts the jump across the planes of existence.
Last edited July 10, 2016 8:59 am
Jul 11, 2016 2:29 pm
In the Soldier's Car
Firn, you enter back into the chaos of cheers and jeers that is the raucous soldier car. Most of the soldiers are engrossed in their game and don't even know you had entered, left, and re-entered the car. One soldier, on the side of the group closest to you watched you walk in, back out, and then back in. She walks over and slaps you on the back. Still getting your land legs?, she says with a snort of laughter. She grabs a stein nearby and shoves it into your hands. Drink this, it'll help, or at least you won't care you're on a train, she snorts again.

In the Hero Car
As you sit around, each taking up your own tasks and pre-mission rituals the car is actually quite calm. The thrumming engine of the car has been relegated to a sort of droning background noise. It's not altogether pleasant, or unpleasant. As the time ticks by Nix absentmindedly seems to be playing with her cloak when, suddenly, she is no longer there. Where she sat is just an empty cot.

PhantomNimbus sent a note to Jabes.Plays.RPG
Jul 11, 2016 4:05 pm
"It's like a boat," Firn says, mantra-like even as he takes the offered stein and drains its contents. At the very least, it leaves a better taste in his mouth than the previous occupants.

The genasi wipes his lips with his sleeve. "The roof," he says to the soldier, half-turning back towards the car he arrived from, "is there a safe way to inspect it?"
Jul 11, 2016 4:09 pm
Aelar sits forward when Nix disappears, "Nix, where'd you go?"
Jul 11, 2016 5:24 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Well this is kinda boring! Nix thinks to herself. Not even any ground to walk on. I wonder how one might move around here. Not that there's anywhere to go. Nix looks in the direction she saw the robed figure, and wills herself forward...
OOC:
Do I hear Aelar calling my name?
Last edited July 11, 2016 5:25 pm
Jul 11, 2016 5:57 pm
Jul 11, 2016 6:23 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Last edited July 11, 2016 6:24 pm
Jul 11, 2016 7:04 pm
Jul 11, 2016 9:49 pm
Hearing Aelar call out to Nix, Ütés throws her maps to the side, and reaches for one of her daggers. She'll walk over to NIx's cot and investigate. "Did no one see her leave?" she asks looking at Aelar.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Jul 11, 2016 10:24 pm
"No need to panic, everyone. I'm sure Nix is testing out the properties of her new robe. I would do the same with my rod, but alas it would be best to save its charges for Salar." I sigh, placing my books back into my bags. I can always read more later when the others are asleep. "So. Are we exploring this transport vessel?"
Last edited July 11, 2016 10:25 pm
Jul 11, 2016 10:35 pm
"Ah, I see..." Ütés says, a little embarrassed that she hadn't realized what had happened.
Jul 12, 2016 12:32 pm
Aelar considers Xadira's explanation for a moment before sitting back and relaxing, "Yeah, that sounds about right," then he pulls out the hilt of his new sword and spends a little bit of time looking it over, extending and retracting the magical blade and becoming as familiar with it as he can.
Jul 12, 2016 1:56 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Last edited July 12, 2016 1:56 pm
Jul 12, 2016 2:37 pm
Jul 12, 2016 3:48 pm
Nix looks out across the endless expanse. Why would anyone come here? What were they thinking when they added this ability to this otherwise awesome cloak? She practices swimming through the featureless silvery sea, but she soon tires of it. Hmm...I wonder how long I've been gone? Have the others noticed me missing? Maybe I should go back. Nix focuses on a mental image of her cot in the train and wills herself to return to her own world.
Jul 12, 2016 4:37 pm
In the Hero Car
Nix suddenly pops back into existence on her cot as though nothing had changed. She was only gone for moments, but she herself is completely unaware of how much time could have passed until she is back. It was as if the place where she was had no use or meaning for time.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.