(Interest Check) GHOST/ECHO

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 7, 2022 11:07 pm
This is not for right now, but down the road:

http://onesevendesign.com/ghostecho/ was considered groundbreaking when it came out. A game for game designers.

Some time in the future, I would like to play this game. It can be run without a GM (collaborative story style), and I would want to be a player.

Anyone else got interest in this?
Aug 8, 2022 7:37 pm
Sounds like a potentially very interesting setting 👍
Aug 9, 2022 1:17 pm
I've always been intrigued by this game. I'm not sure how well it'll work without a GM, but I'm interested!
Aug 9, 2022 1:27 pm
I was also not sure about it being GMless, but had not had time to check. It needs a lot of work to make it into a complete game.
Aug 9, 2022 2:51 pm
Ciriaco says:
I've always been intrigued by this game. I'm not sure how well it'll work without a GM, but I'm interested!
One way to do it is to simply rotate GM duty from player to player each time a roll is made - as long as the temporary GM never is the player making the roll.
Aug 10, 2022 12:14 am
Rotating GMs each roll sounds fun and interesting.
Sep 24, 2022 6:30 pm
This still is on my list.
Oct 3, 2022 1:23 am
I would be keen to try this.
Oct 3, 2022 1:50 pm
Well what the heck, @rabbits, @vagueGM, @ciriaco, @cesn, I know we all have pretty full game slates as is, but ... interest now? Or later?
Oct 3, 2022 3:32 pm
tibbius says:
... rotate GM duty from player to player each time a roll is made ...
While any game can endure a GMectomy, I don't see this one being a particularly good fit for going GMless. It does not provide any mechanism to generate ongoing story, let alone anything coherent, so a GM would need to bring that.

Rotating GMs can work well if the game supports them. Games like Dream Askew and Dream Apart --or any of the Belonging Outside Belonging games (BoB)-- show that it can work with the right group. It might be possible to port this setting to BoB, but this really looks like it needs a hands-on GM.
tibbius says:
...interest now? Or later?
Probably not?
Oct 3, 2022 5:35 pm
tibbius says:
Well what the heck, @rabbits, @vagueGM, @ciriaco, @cesn, I know we all have pretty full game slates as is, but ... interest now? Or later?
Why not! worse case scenario it just goes completely wrong 🤣
Oct 6, 2022 3:46 am
Sure. If the posting rate expectation was slower (so I can catch up on the weekends)-- that might help.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.