CLOSED Recruitment Thread for "The City of Doors"

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 25, 2022 9:19 am
SenorDeebs says:
SvanDerh says:
I don't consider my character a hag as race.
Hags are born human until they change. She never changed due to rituals and wards.
Works for me- variant human would be a nice fit. The feat can tie nicely into the hag background!
Exactly what I was thinking.
Archfey Warlock with probably the Shadowtouched feat to show of the darkerside of her nighthag mother.
Sep 25, 2022 11:55 am
SvanDerh says:

Barovia would work wonders and could be a first choice.
I could also make Theros work (and I know that world a bit better, so that helps).
Or if it would not strictly be a D&D world (since we'd be in the planes now anyway), Eldraine (which is a Magic the Gathering setting and very based on the Grimm fairytales).
I think Barovia would be a pretty excellent place of origin for your character- but wherever you're most comfortable with.
Last edited September 25, 2022 11:56 am
Sep 25, 2022 11:57 am
DarK_RaideR says:
I mean... *looks at avatar picture*

Planescape is my favourite setting of all time, but I'm currently swamped by life and already engaged in enough games on GP. Plus I've mentally checked out of 5e, so using that lessens the pain of me deciding not to join you. But I will be reading if the forums are public and as a long time fan of the setting, I'm always a PM away if you need any advice or feel like spitballing ideas. Good luck with this!
Lol- thanks man. I'm sure I'm going to need a lot of advice, first time DMing PBP.
Sep 25, 2022 12:02 pm
Basil says:
No idea really. Anytime I've done planescape I've just been a normal hero that ends up planes traveling. Regardless I'll probably be a rogue. Love their flexibility.
Anything else you can tellme about your Rogue?

At this point we have a:

A Rogue of unknown race/point of origin
Human (Variant) Monk possibly from the Speljammer setting
A Human (Variant) Warlock with Hag tendencies
A Tabaxi Rogue from Chult.

I have one more person I know from the real world who is interested in playing so that brings us up to five. If all of you are committed to being in the game I will cose the recruitment thread and invite you to the game. Any second thoughts?
Last edited September 25, 2022 12:09 pm
Sep 25, 2022 9:28 pm
I've heard from all of you- thanks everyone for their interest. We're up to five players so I am going to close this thread as you have all accepted my invitation to the game proper.
Sep 26, 2022 7:40 am
Ah shame - would love to join too. But If you need more at some point, I´m really interested. But I guess, when Plane Scape 5e comes out next year, that there will be more :)
Sep 26, 2022 9:06 am
I heard about that! Can't wait. If someone drops out i'll let you know!
Last edited September 26, 2022 9:06 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.