Pokemon Go

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 11, 2016 10:45 pm
so how hard has pokemon go grabbed you guys by the smartphone? what cool finds have you got?
Jul 11, 2016 10:52 pm
I'm all out of Pokeballs and there are no Pokestops anywhere near me (there are two near work, but I'm home today), so it's done. And I don't like that, heh.
Jul 11, 2016 11:02 pm
Apparently it's a great way to rob people of their phones as they're walking around not paying attention. On a totally unrelated note, I have several used smart phones for sale if anyone is interested.
Jul 11, 2016 11:12 pm
Heh, there is a social experiment occurring about Augmented Reality, involving: traffic, robbery, distracted walking - accidental injury, and swarming public places such as police stations. News at 11.
Jul 11, 2016 11:24 pm
Ok, so I downloaded the thing (I've never played a Pokemon game before in my life) and apparently just saved my wife from a Charmander in my backyard. Does that mean I win?
Last edited July 12, 2016 2:15 am
Jul 11, 2016 11:27 pm
I started it, but without informing me the app authorized itself full access to my Google account. Perhaps when I manage to get through pokemon.com and create an account there will I return.
Jul 12, 2016 3:00 am
Pokemon Go has actually been awesome in my area. There are alot of stop and dozens of people at each one coming and going throughout the day. The only problem is that there are turf wars starting. Team Yellow (my team) seems to have the least amount of people, but we are controlling gyms. Team Blue has so many people everywhere though. There are also people driving around yelling "TEAM RED OR DEAD" at people lol.

Its cool though, it feels like im playing the games but in real life. My girlfriend, brother and I were going around and enjoying the chaos. Haha.

... Wish I wasn't surviving off of just Wifi >.>
Jul 12, 2016 11:57 am
I downloaded it and was playing in a small town while on vacation for a bit, smaller town seemed to have more pokestops close together if they have any versus larger city, oddly nothing at the mall when I went to a larger city. I saw a variety of about 20 pokemon although I didn't really move around that much in town. Had phone issues though and currently waiting on a replacement being shipped to me since my phone crapped out on me (Not Pokémon's fault, all the corners are misshapen from the number of drops XD).

I see good and bad with the game from what the internet 'review'. People that didn't have a reason to go out to parks, downtown, or sightsee are getting out and walking around (See One Punch Man phenomenon.) People that for the most part say they're anti-social or have social anxiety now have an ice breaker to talk to people about which I think is kind of cool. I also found on the trek back from the Midwest most rest areas have a pokestop or two, some have a gym. On the bad side of the game there's permissions people have issues with, stories of people getting stabbed, finding dead bodies, or youtubers stating they've loaded the game and run around catching pokemon young people/kids are trying to catch and laughing at them (doesn't work that way for spawning but good for those people for getting a trollish chuckle I guess if that's what they really want to do). There was a story about someone breaking their ankle since they fell in a ditch while playing the game after dark and weren't paying attention. I amount the dangers of the game along with everything else people still need to have situational awareness and still use common sense. I don't see people stopping getting drunk anytime soon in mass due to getting DUI/DWIs or getting robbed when they pass out on the way home or worse.

I think it's interesting and when my new phone comes in I'm looking forward to heading downtown on the weekend and checking out what's out and about and also who.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.