Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

wanting for a great first person shooter

Jul 15, 2016 9:55 pm
Hey guys, So i'm searching for a good first person shooter video game, I have seen a couple on youtube videos, but i'd personally rather like to ask here to get other thoughts.
Jul 15, 2016 10:42 pm
The big deal right now is Overwatch. Overwatch is a lot of fun. I don't like FPS and I like Overwatch.

I know some folks are really into Rainbow Six: Siege, which is also strongly team-based and kinda F2P-like with classes and perks? I'm honestly not super sure.

If you want to wait for a bit, Titanfall 2 is looking excited and that's... October?
Jul 15, 2016 10:47 pm
Killing Floor and Killing Floor 2. I'm not a big FPS fan either, but the whole co-op side of the game (your team vs. CPU "specimens"... no, no, no, they're not zombies!) really appeals to me.
Jul 18, 2016 6:24 pm
I think it depends on whether your looking for single player or multiplayer.

On multiplayer, I'm with DJ - Overwatch is the shiznit right now, and while it's not anything terribly revolutionary it is very nicely put together and has a lot of the little bits that make it more fun (e.g. if you have a couple of good kills a nearby friendly character will say something nice to you without player input). Very nice atmosphere and gameplay.

On single player, I don't have any good suggestions. Been too long.
Jul 18, 2016 6:27 pm
Overwatch is probably the most fun I've had with an FPS in many, many years
Jul 18, 2016 6:28 pm
Oh right, apparently the campaign of the new Doom has GotY written all over that if you like that kinda thing.
Jul 18, 2016 7:08 pm
The FPS's I tend to play usually diverge from the genre a bit. For example, I love Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, but it is not the typical FPS run and gun game. You die within a few seconds of being out in fire, so it is usually better to take levels slower and constantly hide behind cover.
I also play Duke Nukem 3D quite a bit, it's not the greatest FPS, but its amazing all the same... for other reasons.
Jul 25, 2016 10:32 pm
For single player, I recommend DOOM and the entire Bioshock series. While not a shooter per se, Dishonored is a first person stealth game that is a real work of art.

As for multiplayer...TF2? Multiplayer's never been my thing, really. Overwatch looks cool but I can't honestly testify to if it's good.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.