[Closed] Here We Used To Fly

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedHere We Used to FlyPublic1 / daybowlofspinach
Here We Used to Fly is a rules-light tabletop roleplaying game about a group of friends nostalgically exploring an abandoned theme park. Over the course of a single GM-less session, players will create two versions of the same character: one a child visiting the vibrant amusement park, one an adult investigating the ruins. As they discover or revisit each location in the park, they’ll play out scenes spotlighting moments of joy, frustration, fear, love, loss, and more.

Nov 24, 2022 11:34 am
Here We Used to Fly is a rules-light tabletop roleplaying game about a group of friends nostalgically exploring an abandoned theme park. Over the course of a single GM-less session, players will create two versions of the same character: one a child visiting the vibrant amusement park, one an adult investigating the ruins. As they discover or revisit each location in the park, they’ll play out scenes spotlighting moments of joy, frustration, fear, love, loss, and more.

https://i.imgur.com/V5a1U6J.jpg

I found this little GM-less game that I would love to try and play here on GP with a group of 3-4 people (including myself). The game is GMless and very rules-light, consisting basically only of prompts to help the players tell a shared story of nostalgia and friendship together.

• We will play using the "Here We Used To Fly" system.

• This game is GM-less so it requires players who are actually willing to push the narrative forward and add to the story, not just react to the input from other players. This is a great space to be creative, less so for just tagging along.

• No familiarity with the rules is required and I will be sharing all rules and prompts required with the other players so you don't need to buy anything.

• We will discuss the inclusion of any adult topics as well as the themes we want in the story in the game forum before we start. Whether we want a more light-hearted or darker tone, focus on conflict or supporting each other is all up for debate. We will also make use of safety tools like Lines and Veils to make sure nobody is confronted with content that they don't want to see.

• Characters are made by choosing two playbooks (one for the child version of their character and one for the adult) and answering prompt questions related to these.

• This game is a one-shot and will conclude after exploring a handful of attractions in the theme park. I'm thinking of a game length of about three or four months, but it's hard to predict as that will depend a lot on the players.

• I know that especially in November/December, there are a lot of things happening that can keep one away from GP for a bit. I'm asking for players who can commit to a posting rate of about 1/day. If that slows down a bit over the holidays, that's to be expected, but generally, I want a quick-moving game.

• This game is open to anyone and it's welcoming of any and all marginalized groups, both in regards to players and characters.

https://i.imgur.com/OcwfkzI.jpg

If you're interested, please let me know either in this thread or via PM. I'll leave this open for a while and then pick people out of everyone who applied.
Feel free to throw around a rough character idea already. Those might catch my eye. But final character creation will happen in game so don't feel like you're tied to any immediate idea you might have had.

Thanks for reading and happy gaming to everyone!
Nov 25, 2022 9:35 am
That looks interesting ... but I don't know 🤔 the coaster doesn't look very safe to me

KCC

Nov 26, 2022 12:28 am
I’ll give this a go, if there’s a spot available! If you’ve gotten interest enough to fill, then that’s alright too!
Nov 26, 2022 12:31 am
I'd make a plea, but I'm in a ton of games.

All you others sitting on the sideline, git your bums moving. Bowlofspinach knows what she's doing and this sounds like an intense immersive experience she would do excellently.
Nov 26, 2022 4:54 am
Agree with Qralloq -- this will be awesome. I'm already having trouble keeping up with my own games and have 2-3 new ideas brewing... otherwise I'd be all over this. (If she'd have me.)
Nov 26, 2022 7:26 am
Thanks for the kind words, Q and H! Too bad you're filled up on games at the moment but I know the feeling.

Still, that's two definite interests and one maybe so far. Enough for me to start setting up the game. I'll keep this thread open for another 24 hours approximately and then I'll start sending out invites.
Nov 26, 2022 9:54 pm
I'm intrigued by the premise of the game. So if there are any more seats on the carousel, I'll like to jump on board.
I don't have any character concepts yet as that will depend on the tone and themes of the game.
Nov 27, 2022 7:50 am
Alright, thanks everyone for your interest.
I've sent out invitations to @StereoSpade, @KCC, @Stefron and @Ncoturne9. That's one more than I originally wanted but it should still be fine. Hop on over to the game and let's get started 🎡

You do not have permission to post in this thread.