[INTEREST CHECK] Multiple games and systems

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 4, 2023 8:58 pm
Hello fellow GPers!

My recent Star Wars FFG Clone Wars game has been suspended (most likely indefinitely) largely it appears from lack of interest in the type of story I wanted to run ... which is perfectly fine as we are a diverse group of folks with diverse interests and the excitement for Star Wars these days seems to be with Force Users and Force heavy games.

As such I have a lot of story / game ideas kicking around but didn't want to extend the effort in putting them to page if the interest level would not be there. So this is a poll of sorts in gauging what the community would be interested and excited about ...

Option 1 - The Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny trailer has got the juices flowing for an action / adventure story in the vein of said 'archaeologist', Uncharted (movie and video game franchise), Tomb Raider (movie and video game franchises), Clive Cussler, etc. Depending on the interest I am onboard for the 1940s time period or a modern. System: FFG Genesys

Option 2 - System: FantasyCraft. Fantasy and depending on the interest a more high fantasy style game like Lord of the Rings, Wheel of Time, Forgotten Realms, or your more 'traditional' fantasy game. OR a more Game of Thrones style game set in an ancient Greece/Rome setting ... again depending where the interest lies.

Option 3 - Modern spy/thriller game. I have a game I would like to restart but the interest for that has never really been there I believe in part due to the system (Spycraft) but if the interest in a Modern era game is there but maybe not the system I think Genesys would work as well.

All insights, feedback, and comments are welcomed (even the negative ones).

Seuss
Last edited January 4, 2023 8:58 pm
Jan 4, 2023 9:05 pm
I'd be up for a Genesys game. Modern and 40s both sound good.
Jan 4, 2023 9:15 pm
Seuss! Glad to see this post!

Option 1 is definitely - funny enough - number one on my list of choices! An uncharted type of story with drama, and some quick witted comebacks is something I think would be awesome! I think if PC’s are given their own introductions and the chance to discuss whether or not there are connections to each other’s pasts would be fantastic.

Option 3 would be number 2 on my list because James Bond? Kingsman? Mission: Impossible? Yes, yes, and heck yes! Give me the action, romance, and martini’s (maybe even bald cats and a billion dollars)!
Jan 4, 2023 9:24 pm
I'm always interested to see what else Genesys can do other than space wizards
Jan 4, 2023 9:37 pm
I would be interested in the 1940s pulp adventure option, if the posting frequency is not too fast.

Would like to see Genesys in action, I only skimmed the core rulebook (and the Shadows of the Beanstalk book) . So, beginner level...
Jan 4, 2023 10:36 pm
Oh, man. I love FantasyCraft, though I've never had much luck with running or playing it long term... but as a sucker for punishment I'm always keen to give it another shot.
Jan 4, 2023 10:41 pm
It would be 1 and 3 for me…… Genesys seems perfect to handle the cinematic feel for both the Indy and James Bond genres….
Jan 5, 2023 2:14 pm
Dirigible says:
Oh, man. I love FantasyCraft, though I've never had much luck with running or playing it long term... but as a sucker for punishment I'm always keen to give it another shot.
Heh ... this statement would be the exact statement I would provide were I to respond to myself. It definitely is, sadly, a lesser known RPG and now unfortunately has some age to it. In my pbp experience, you got to stick with what is 'new' if you want any sort of player pool.

Though it's awesome to know there are other FantasyCraft players out there on GP :-)

Seuss
Jan 5, 2023 2:18 pm
Knighthawke says:
Genesys seems perfect to handle the cinematic feel for both the Indy and James Bond genres….
I had similar sentiments ... especially with regards to an Indy/pulpy/action-adventure game.

I appreciate your and everyone's feedback and it seems my suspicions have been confirmed in that I figured I would get a lot of interest in running a Genesys game - my fears were, unfounded it seems, that there wouldn't be then interest in a 'modern' era game.

Enough to know that I can put my ideas to paper and really expand on them without fear that the effort would go unrealized.

Seuss
Jan 5, 2023 9:20 pm
Seuss says:
Though it's awesome to know there are other FantasyCraft players out there on GP :-)
Hmmm. I might have to damn the torpedos and give running it another shot at some point, then. ;)
Jan 12, 2023 5:53 pm
I'm unfamiliar with Fantasycraft, but I have played Spycraft 2.0 and I would be interested in trying Fantasycraft out. I assume that it isn't too much different from 3.5?
Jan 13, 2023 2:19 pm
I'd be very interested in both Genesys games.

I have a slight preference for 40's pulp style adventures, but modern espionage is also totally my jam (especially if it is less James Bond and more actual espionage).

You do not have permission to post in this thread.