[Interest Check] Wizard Masters of the Planet!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedWizard Masters of the PlanetPrivate2 / weekcallan
See the full ruleset here.

In the distant future, the civilizations of mankind have fallen, and magic has returned to the world. The planet is ruled by chaos and is understood by few. Its inhabitants include mutants, beasts, and machines living alongside the remnants of humanity. The only beings capable of steering the course of this world are wizards. You are a wizard.

Jan 8, 2023 9:52 am
https://i.imgur.com/NvQgaen.png
I’ve been working on a game of my own devising, and I’m looking for some brave players to test it out with me.
I call it Wizard Masters of the Planet! Read it here.

Some features:
- Designed first and foremost for PbP
- Rules-lite, FKR-style gameplay
- Chaotic science-fantasy setting, with a little bit of collaborative world-building up-front
- Domain-level play
- Long timescale—expect to see the world change over many in-game months
- Custom illustrations by me!

Tone: Light, cartoony, maybe even a bit silly at times.

Posting frequency: The minimum rate that the game requires to function is once per week. But the more you post the more you'll get out of the game.

Player Experience: No one has played this before, so we're all equally inexperienced ;)
Jan 8, 2023 3:06 pm
I love seeing new games come to life. The rule set looks evocative, and while I have unanswered questions as to how gameplay would occur, I'm sure that is intended to be left in the hands of the group, FKR style.

Meet Draybool the Under
His ambition is to create a reverse energy dragon golem. What is that exactly? You would need advanced training in the necessary sciences to comprehend.
Draybool rules his tiny area with all of the concern and care of an absentee landlord. The neighbors, as he calls them, petition him irregularly for only the gravest of concerns, for he doesn't really listen, and over reacts. He is small, robed, and could be confused for a goblin.
His main power is the transfer energy into living creatures for later use. Squirrels, for example, make excellent batteries although they're a bit nutty to catch later.
[ +- ] AI Art Idea, colouring book style
Jan 8, 2023 6:02 pm
Great concept. That's exactly the kind of thing I had in mind for a PC in this game.

If at least one more person is interested then I'll get the game started.
Jan 8, 2023 7:37 pm
I shouldn't commit here, so I won't -- but love this, and it's really cool to see the dedicated focus on PbP play. Good luck with the game, and if you still don't have things full up and launched in Feb, look me up!
Jan 8, 2023 10:33 pm
Thanks for the support :)
Jan 9, 2023 3:36 am
The premise reminds me a lot of the villains-of-the-week from the 80s Saturday morning cartoon Thundarr the Barbarian. Terrifying (in that Alex Toth kind of way) ruthless, demented and yet still somewhat goofy and inept.
Jan 9, 2023 5:03 am
This looks very interesting, and I love trying out new systems - especially homebrew! I'd be excited to give it a go.

How do you feel about a wizard character who is a product mascot, and whos area is basically an advertisement multiverse of said product? Let's say it's cereal! Their land is themed around the cereal, their subjects are probably cereal themselves (for extra bizarreness of cereal eating cereal; have you seen some of food product ads?) or/and are obsessed with said cereal. This character will love you as long as you praise their brand, and will probably attempt to make the entire realm eat only their cereal by offering alliances to whoever is willing to commit to only ever consuming one cereal brand their entire life. :D
Jan 9, 2023 7:33 am
witchdoctor says:
The premise reminds me a lot of the villains-of-the-week from the 80s Saturday morning cartoon Thundarr the Barbarian. Terrifying (in that Alex Toth kind of way) ruthless, demented and yet still somewhat goofy and inept.
That was definitely an inspiration! But it's also just a starting point. I'm not going to shoehorn players into being villainous/goofy/inept.
FlyingSucculent says:
This looks very interesting, and I love trying out new systems - especially homebrew! I'd be excited to give it a go.

How do you feel about a wizard character who is a product mascot, and whos area is basically an advertisement multiverse of said product? Let's say it's cereal! Their land is themed around the cereal, their subjects are probably cereal themselves (for extra bizarreness of cereal eating cereal; have you seen some of food product ads?) or/and are obsessed with said cereal. This character will love you as long as you praise their brand, and will probably attempt to make the entire realm eat only their cereal by offering alliances to whoever is willing to commit to only ever consuming one cereal brand their entire life. :D
Glad to have you, FlyingSucculent. That concept works, for sure! That's just about the right level of bizarreness.

I've created the game and invited @Qralloq and @FlyingSucculent. I'd like to get 1-2 more, but this is enough to move forward with.
Jan 9, 2023 12:52 pm
This seems like it would be fun.
If you're still taking on more players. Here's my application:

Karanio is a short, fat wizard, usually dressed in exuberant blue robes. He wears thick fish-bowl-like glasses and a red, feathered fedora.
He is looking for any means possible to win over the love of his life, Lady Zelia (also a wizard), who has not been returning the same feelings so far. With this in mind, he scours the planet in search of the most special materials, gems and other grand gestures.
Obviously, he is a hopeless romantic who desperately wants people to love him.

His special power is the ability to conjure any common inanimate object (things like a fork, a barrel, a house, ...)
I would limit this to x amount per day, but I'm not sure yet what a good rate would be.
Jan 9, 2023 5:48 pm
You're invited, @TheGenerator.

That works as a concept, for sure. The unrequited love story sounds like a lot of fun. We would indeed need some limitation on the power. Maybe it requires a power source, or only works for certain objects, or it only lasts for a certain amount of time, etc.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.