[Recruitment Closed] Mörk Borg

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedCustomPublic1 / dayBedzoneII

Jan 16, 2023 2:48 pm
https://i.imgur.com/AsVe261.jpg

Players wanted for Mork Borg. If you know, you know. Sign up below.

[Text credit goes to @Nezzeraj]
Last edited January 31, 2023 10:04 am
Jan 16, 2023 2:53 pm
In order to get accepted into the game, you need to explain how this guy managed to put his shirt on with those horns
Jan 16, 2023 3:02 pm
Easy, its not a shirt but his mom's curtains he just wrapped around himself to look like a shirt. Does that get me a spot?
Jan 16, 2023 3:10 pm
Oh, I figured it was Shirt, then noose, then hang until dead and damned, then the horns pop out.
Jan 16, 2023 3:13 pm
What shirt? I thought it was his half flayed skin.

+1 for Mork Borg
Jan 16, 2023 3:26 pm
Easy. The shirt buttons in the back. That's how I get my shirt over my horns...
Jan 16, 2023 3:41 pm
I thought the obvious answer was that this isn't his own head. Throwing my name in the decapitated-head-hat.
Jan 16, 2023 5:13 pm
Given MÖrk Borg, he headbanged so hard his horns fell of, put on the shirt, then hung himself and finally reattached his horns.
Sign me up. to die
Jan 16, 2023 6:37 pm
I would throw my name in the ring, but both arms were tragically lost in a flesh-eating fungus incident.

+1 if you still have room!
Jan 16, 2023 6:46 pm
Poor guy is a prisoner in a horned helmet ala

https://i.imgur.com/7R117TC.jpg
Jan 17, 2023 3:16 am
Please note that's one single horn, all the way through. :P

Looking for 666 players, can accommodate 8 if people don't mind dying a lot. Here's some inspiring recruitment text from the book:

The wind from the west, from the sundered land, rot rides it, and the stench of blood. Cursed walker, will you travel there? To the valley of the unfortunate undead? Our young ones are taken by the child-thief Tergol, known for his vile crimes and alchemy of flesh.

Distances shift. Paths between places warp. As if this pale, lightless world possessed a will and bitter life. Its mercy curdled to wrath over a too-long age.

Who are you? The grave robber with silver glittering between cracked fingernails? The mystic who would bend the world’s miserable heart away from its inevitable end?

Most likely, it makes little difference. No one has seen the sun in years. The old care more for sacrifice and god-offerings than their bawling spawn. Doomsayers are proved right time and again and embraced by hidden powers. Maybe it’s best to surrender—to trust your own instinct and skill rather than the whim of the dice? Before all is drowned in welcome silence. Life locked and failing in a dark fort.
Last edited January 17, 2023 3:32 am
Jan 18, 2023 6:38 am
Update:

Thanks everyone who showed interest, we've couldn't have done it without discussing the horns. We have enough players to get started, so I'll set up the game and will be sending out invites to @nezzeraj, @Dragonling, @cowleyc, @Sterfteerst, @Honor_Over_All, and @Harrigan. Still can open another spot or two if pressed! :D

And now, the descriptive pitch:

Mork Borg is a miserabilist-themed fantasy setting by Free League Publishing. Its game system is suitably minimalist, 4 ability stats, no long list of skills, one d20 roll plus modifiers to resolve situations. Character creation is best enjoyed through its randomness. It's OSR-style without needing to resort to the source of all original OSR, ie D&D. It excels, like most Free League work, in its flavour. The Borg series (Cy_Borg, Pirate Borg) aim for grimdark atmosphere. Also fascinating is a world clock that determines when everything ends. Life is short.

So, mature themes, graphic imagery, various harm/horror/death/religion tropes. I'll be running an introduction from the Heretic supplement that pulls the various PCs together, from there we'll move into the first crawl-like adventure. If the game continues into future chapters, PCs will encounter the larger world of the setting, at least until the clock runs out and the end of the world happens.
Last edited January 18, 2023 6:40 am
Jan 18, 2023 3:15 pm
Game, DM and group seem very promising, here's to enjoying yourselves! Hope the forums are made public so I can read up once there's a bit of content.

P.S. Clearly the horns came first and the rest of the flesh grew into the robe
Jan 19, 2023 1:09 pm
Invites have been sent for those who indicated interest. If I missed out someone, don't be shy to ping!

And thanks for the encouraging words Dark Raider, yes forums will be open!
Jan 21, 2023 3:18 am
cowleyc says:
I thought the obvious answer was that this isn't his own head. Throwing my name in the decapitated-head-hat.
Dang it cowleyc, came here to post that exact thing! Dead skin mask.
Jan 31, 2023 4:38 am
Hey. Just finished two games so I’ve got room to add this if you’ll have a noob. I started a Börg crawl last year but it died before we did.
OOC:
I’m thinking the horned demon is standing behind a fresh corpse he just beheaded. It is an illusion that it is his shirt. Next frame would show the kind of chiseled chest that one only gets from working out in the prison of hell
Jan 31, 2023 8:19 am
Full? I'd definitely like to play and I'm ready for potentially multiple deaths...
Jan 31, 2023 10:07 am
Oof, thanks for the interest Darkstar8 and Redwhippet, we've got a full house at this point, but Mork Borg is such an awesome system I'd consider doing another run if people are still around some time later to still want to play it.

Although I've been telegraphing Pirate Borg or Death in Space (or Space Borg as I call it), as one of my next possible games to run.
Jan 31, 2023 10:56 am
Understood, well I need to keep a closer eye on the forums then. Enjoy guys.
Jan 31, 2023 12:04 pm
Oh man, keep me in mind for Death in Space please!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.