Rolemaster

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 18, 2023 5:02 pm
any1 running any Rolemaster games, please?
Jan 18, 2023 5:31 pm
Don’t tempt me to get all my books out of the loft!
Jan 18, 2023 10:31 pm
What about Hackmaster?!
Jan 18, 2023 11:32 pm
Ah yes, Rolemaster...

Aka "Math Homework: The Game." 🤣

(I say that as someone who IRL games with someone who contributed to and playtested Rolemaster 2E. I enjoy Rolemaster, but there's so much "crunch" it's like eating a bowl of breakfast gravel.)
Jan 19, 2023 12:43 am
Rolemaster United is out, just late in 2022. They'd been working on this edition, meant to meet between Rolemaster Classic and Rolemaster Standard System. I bought it instantly, and would love to get involved in some kind of RMU experiment.
Jan 19, 2023 12:46 am
i had an expoeriene with Rolemaster in 1998 and i remember character creation being a nightmare.
It took a day to make a char, but then the actual game ran like a dream.
I understood very little and was guided by what I now know some really good GMs and ppl.
So that helped.

but would love to try it.......
Oct 24, 2023 10:33 pm
I'll put my hand up if anyone is interested in running a rolemaster PBM game.

I can also say I can help port the system to gamersplane if necessary.

And I should point out RMU is much more streamlined without sacrificing the core system.
Last edited October 24, 2023 10:33 pm
Oct 24, 2023 11:17 pm
I ran a 3 year campaign using rolemaster. It is not as hard as many people think. Then I also play tested Harp for ICE so I might not be the best one to listen to.

The rules were not hard, you really only needed to be organized with the charts. I just made sure that each player had copy of the ones for their weapons and such.

After that I could run battles even large ones at the same speed or faster than ones using 3rd Ed. D&D
Oct 25, 2023 2:16 am
Looks like we have 4 for a RMU game! I'm going to be a tad busy in November trying to write a novel, but if no one else is ready to run RMU before then, we can get a game going in December with novice * me at the helm.

* I've played RMC and RMSS, and ran a two year Spacemaster game which was one of my favourite campaigns ever. But all of that is 20+ years ago
Oct 25, 2023 2:22 am
If Qralloq is running, I'll give RM another chance. Back in the day, I had ALL the RM Companions and even played once or twice using the MERP setting. Mainly, I used the crit charts for other games and Spell Law for my Villains & Vigilantes game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.