Out of Character posts.

Feb 11, 2015 10:21 pm
Hello everyone.

I'm going to be out of town from Thursday morning until Sunday night and I doubt I will have an opportunity to post while I am away with my family.

I'll check back in and update sometime Monday morning.

-Arjen
Mar 3, 2015 1:51 pm
Here is a link to the maps I will draw out for this game. We are not playing "on the grid" but I will use them to help keep everyone thinking along the same lines for general player/enemy locations.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Red Waterfall maps
Mar 3, 2015 6:33 pm
Had a little back and forth with admin over the fact that I can't view anybody else's character sheets. Apparently that's by design. Could everybody share a little pertinent info (whatever you're okay with the rest of the group knowing) about your characters?

Ewan is a level 2 tiefling fighter (eldritch knight), high strength, low wisdom. He uses a glaive, a short sword, scale mail, and a shield.
Mar 3, 2015 10:26 pm
Kicsi Leszúr is a second level Lightfoot Halfling Monk. Her main weapon is a sword that she has named Kard, which she received as a gift from one of her fellow monks at the monastery. Typical attributes that you'd expect a halfling monk to have I suppose.

Her name roughly translates to "Little Stab" in Hungarian.
Mar 3, 2015 11:00 pm
Arjen says:
Here is a link to the maps I will draw out for this game. We are not playing "on the grid" but I will use them to help keep everyone thinking along the same lines for general player/enemy locations.
I do love me some maps. Thanks, Arjen!
Mar 3, 2015 11:52 pm
BullOctorok says:
Had a little back and forth with admin over the fact that I can't view anybody else's character sheets. Apparently that's by design. Could everybody share a little pertinent info (whatever you're okay with the rest of the group knowing) about your characters?

Ewan is a level 2 tiefling fighter (eldritch knight), high strength, low wisdom. He uses a glaive, a short sword, scale mail, and a shield.
Mac is a second level human evocation wizard. He is dressed rather plainly and doesn't really use any weapons besides his wand. He has good Int, of course, and also decent Con and Dex.
Last edited March 3, 2015 11:53 pm
Mar 4, 2015 2:49 am
Hey there, I have a couple questions, I just want to make sure that I understand everything. If I don't prepare Detect Magic I can cast it from my spellbook, but it would take 10 minutes and wouldn't expend a spell slot, right? Also, can I cast Mage Armor on myself?

For tomorrow I'm going to prepare:
Mage Armor
Shield
Sleep
Burning Hands
Disguise Self

If I'm understanding rituals totally wrong and I need to prepare Detect Magic to cast it then swap it with Disguise Self.
Mar 4, 2015 6:56 pm
Ghelin is a lvl 2 Hill Dwarf Cleric of the Trickery Domain, he is a Folk Hero and was blessed by a celestial/fey creature. Uses a Warhammer passed down from his Grandfather. Very wise, and moderate Con and Str as well.
Mar 5, 2015 3:52 am
mrmrlol says:
Also, can I cast Mage Armor on myself?
I have yet to play a spell caster but from my reading of the Mage Armor spell I don't think you can cast it on yourself. I thought I had read someplace that in order to cast a spell on yourself that the spell had to specifically allow for it. But what do I know, I'm just a halfling monk. :-)

EDIT: Please disregard the above as I just remembered where I read about having a spell allow for a self cast. It was the 13th Age rule book. :-/
Last edited March 5, 2015 4:09 am
Mar 21, 2015 4:19 pm
Do we get experience from the battle? Or will we just level up at the DM's discretion?
Mar 21, 2015 4:44 pm
I think I'd prefer to use the DM's discretion approach, but will be happy with whatever Arjen decides.
Mar 24, 2015 5:32 pm
Yes, I'll use story point level gains to keep the flow consistent.
Mar 24, 2015 5:38 pm
And yes, Mac's detect magic is still active.
May 19, 2015 6:01 pm
Round 1 INIT order

1. Stirge 1 Dead
2. Kicsi
3. Stirge 2
4. Stirge 3
5. Stirge 4
6. Ghelin
7. Ewan
8. Mac

Ewan wins on INIT. Let me know your attack option.
May 26, 2015 5:18 pm
Round 1 INIT order

1. Stirge 1 Dead
2. Kicsi
3. Stirge 2 Now attached to poor Kicsi at the left arm!
4. Ewan
5. Mac
6. Ghelin
7. Stirge 3
8. Stirge 4
May 26, 2015 9:20 pm
Maybe Ewan can help a brother out...
May 27, 2015 3:11 am
Yes. Here's hoping Ewan and Mac can sort things out!
May 27, 2015 3:14 am
Haven't seen Mac in a while. You still around?
May 27, 2015 3:19 am
Good point. Mac?! I hope you are still interested!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.