[Closed] Giveaway:RPGs for Trans Rights in Florida

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 17, 2023 8:44 am
Hey there, GPeople!

A year ago, I did a giveaway for the then current trans rights bundle on itch.io, offering three free bundles to people on the site. Now, there is another bundle for that same purpose and, after some prodding from a certain unnamed member, I have decided to do the same thing again.
You can check out the bundle by clicking the following link to take a look at what all is in there:

The Bundle

In order to support both the cause as well as the awesome people on this site, I once again want to give away three bundles to members of the site for free.
The plan is this:

- If you want to get one of the three bundles, reply to this thread. Let me know which of the books in the bundle you're the most interested in (I won't judge. I just want to make sure you've actually looked at it and have found something there that you like). Also let me know one thing you like about GP (Again, what specifically you write will not impact your chances)
- There's no minimum account age required. Whether you've been on the site since December 1, 2013 or since today, you can participate.
- I'll leave this open until let's say Wednesday evening-ish European time, then I'll randomly draw three people who expressed interest and will contact those three for their email addresses to send the bundle to them.

Please don't be shy. I want to give these bundles away so I'm happy about anyone expressing interest.

KCC

Mar 18, 2023 12:16 am
Hello, and thanks for doing this Bowl!

Visigoths vs Mall Goths - this is one I’ve heard about a lot, just from browsing online. Might as well take a look at it, as it’s just sitting there after all!

We Deal in Lead - Hadn’t heard of this one. But it sounds pretty cool. Always looking for a western that scratches the itch a little better than what I’ve found so far!

There you have it! My contributions!

Addendum: I like that I can still play RPGs, while having two young kids. I can slot it into my day, and actually roleplay in a totally different way than I would in real life!
Last edited March 18, 2023 1:13 am
Mar 18, 2023 4:15 am
The two that most interest me are Sherwood because I am a huge Robin Hood fan, and Tarot Telling for Two because I've long thought of fashioning an RPG around the tarot.

What do I like about GP? That's easy. The camaraderie. I feel like a part of the family here.

And thank you so m much for this opportunity.
Mar 19, 2023 8:28 pm
Oh I was really needing a new system to try since the one from last year is almost done (1 of the 500 🤣)

I can’t remember what I wrote last time but I like GP because of I can live off bowlofspunach 😆 and there’s always people to try new systems and settings 😁 and I definitely want to have a look at definitely wizards 🧙‍♂️
Last edited March 19, 2023 8:29 pm
Mar 21, 2023 2:24 pm
Just bumping this a bit. At this point, there aren't even enough people who have expressed interest that I could disappoint someone with the draw. Which is, like, the whole point of doing a giveaway!

It's like 50 games for free. What's not to like? Especially since I am currently considering running one of those
Mar 21, 2023 5:18 pm
I'm always in the market for new games, but I don't want to take up anyone's chance since I got a bundle at the last giveaway and there's at least some overlap in games. But if no one else wants to, I'd once again enter myself for Gubat Banwa and Mahirlika because you can get european medival inspired societies/high fantasy around every corner, and they seem like a refreshing change of pace. Also curious about Paratype and Wizardry and Bureaucracy

One thing I like about Gamersplane is that people take care of it and want to improve it. You have people sharing their custom character sheets and new things are being implemented all the time.
Mar 23, 2023 9:15 am
Is it wednesday, is it wednesday?
https://gifdb.com/images/high/excited-giggling-boy-cmo72qo8mmtdg6ps.gif

just an excuse to bump this
Last edited March 23, 2023 10:30 am
Mar 23, 2023 9:18 am
No, it's not Wednesday. It's Thursday. But it turns out I was pretty busy yesterday and will be today as well, so I'm taking care of this on Friday instead. Sorry about the delay, but it will stay open until then.
Mar 23, 2023 9:41 am
does this mean we have until next wednesday? :D
Last edited March 23, 2023 9:41 am
Mar 23, 2023 10:31 am
OOC:
just moving this here because its so much more dramatic as a follow up to your post xD
Everyone, the time to help Zebra Youth and Transinclusive Group spread the word to the good people of Florida while simultaneously improving Bowl's tax return is running out, do it know or hold your peace for another year (which is like forever really) :D
Mar 25, 2023 8:05 pm
Did this not happen because of a lack of participation (I hope not) or am I just being impatient? Or did it go and I simply didn't get selected?
Last edited March 25, 2023 8:06 pm
Mar 25, 2023 8:06 pm
This did not happen because this week has been a mess and I have forgotten to resolve this. I'll keep this tab open and take care of it tomorrow. No more postponing then 😅

Thanks for the reminder and apologies to everyone waiting!
Mar 26, 2023 8:23 am
So, we have four people interested, @KCC, @WhtKnt, @CESN and @NABO. Let's roll to see which of you will get the game bundles... (And no, I definitely didn't roll in a separate thread to control the results. Why would you think that?)
https://i.imgur.com/IbcCXzW.png
Well, it looks like the dice have spoken and all of you will get the bundle 😁 Please send me your email address in a private message, either on GP or on Discord and I will have the bundle sent to you.
Mar 26, 2023 9:08 am
Hooray good news all around!

KCC

Mar 26, 2023 9:25 am
Whew! I just barely snuck in in fourth place! Thanks for doing this, Bowl. It’s always appreciated! ^^
Mar 27, 2023 3:15 am
Okay, I've been looking over the bundle and I have to say that Kitty Corralers is the cutest game ever! I'm thinking of a way to adapt it to group play!
Mar 28, 2023 1:50 pm
And with that, all bundles have been sent out (Let me know if you haven't received yours).

Thanks for participating and I hope you'll find something in there you'll want to play!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.