Conan 2d20: Lashed to the Slave Stick

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 18, 2023 6:29 am
"Asfetiu
Asfetiu
Fiends, criminals, slaves, blasphemers
The word of Ra is against ye
Ye are fettered and bound with leather straps
Helpless, doomed, wailing in unendurable torment
Lashed to the forked slave stick by the neck
Lashed to the slave stick
Abata ankh t khet
Neba t steb tcha
Lashed to the slave stick
Ra pronounceth the formulae against thee
The Eye of Horus is prepared to attack thee
Sekhmet uttereth words of flame
Against thee and pierceth thy breast
Your evil deeds have turned against you
Your plottings have come upon you
Your abominable acts
You shall be lashed to the slave stick"

-Karl Sanders "Nile - Lashed to the Slave Stick"

Welcome sla... er victi... players. Yes definitely players.

The Hyperborean world is a melting pot of different cultures, values, and norms. This does not make it a happy place though, far from it. Happiness is a dream to you, for you have found yourself forcibly conscripted to a warlord named Wolf. This has not been a pleasant experience. Beatings are handed out regularly at the behest of Wolf's Black Dog Elite soldiers. Red Dog soldiers, the freed and unproven former slaves, take their anger out upon you. And you, the swine, are little more than a shield from arrows or the sweltering eye of Horus.

Wolf has a great vision, you have heard it many times. Wolf is destined to become a demigod, and you are going to make him one. He has great, some might say psychotic Ambition. But he also has an army of the very worst dregs of society. Wolf wishes for you to prove yourself that he may free you from your plight.

There can be no mistake. If you are to return to any semblance of the life you once had, Wolf has to die. The only problem, you're the only one who can do it. Today you're Lashed to the slave stick. A living shield. Malnourished, and sickly. But great things can come to the brave and foolhardy. Do you dare risk your life to kill Wolf? Or are you just another red dog?

Some details:

The Tone is Grim Dark. Let's try to keep the really awful stuff off screen.

Life isn't fair, neither is the game world. Sometimes things will go very poorly. People will die, probably even some of you. But don't worry, there are always more people to fill the swine herd.

Marginalized groups are welcome.

Probably don't want to play a character who requires expensive and rare things to do their tricks with. Alchemists and Sorcerers will be at a distinct disadvantage for the whole of the game.

If we all have fun establishing our characters this may turn into something more than a few months of brutal hardship.
May 18, 2023 8:34 am
I don't know the game system, but I do love the setting. If that is not a problem, I'd like to play.
May 18, 2023 8:35 pm
Shouldn't be too much a problem to learn as long as you have the rules.
May 18, 2023 8:53 pm
Whoa, 2 Conan threads the same week? Count me in!
May 18, 2023 8:54 pm
The one lead to the other. No one was volunteering as GM so being the manly man I am I took it upon myself to kill you all...
I mean tell you a story
May 18, 2023 8:55 pm
Awesome! I stepped up and volunteered but you started a new thread, so you get first dibs :)
May 18, 2023 8:56 pm
awsmack says:
Awesome! I stepped up and volunteered but you started a new thread, so you get first dibs :)
Join me and together we will rule this galaxy as father and son.
May 21, 2023 12:44 am
Looking for 1 more, and can take up to 3 more. Projected launch date of July 1st
May 21, 2023 1:27 am
Can I port in a Cimmerian named Tamerlan who had previously slain a dragon?
May 21, 2023 2:14 am
Alordis says:
Can I port in a Cimmerian named Tamerlan who had previously slain a dragon?
Sad that game didn't make it too.

You may even be Saka! But dragon might be a colorful way to describe killing a Slavic Warlord. Or perhaps some kind of dinosaur. Yes you can definitely play Tamerlan.
Jun 2, 2023 12:28 am
Still room for 2 victims.
Jun 2, 2023 4:55 am
I’ve got an idea for a character if you’ll have me.

My attempt at running Conan kind of fell flat, I’m hoping I might have better luck playing….
Jun 2, 2023 5:19 am
We've played a lot together dude so yeah welcome aboard.
Jun 9, 2023 9:03 am
Hello! If you're still looking I'm interested in joining! I love the Conan setting and would love to be a part of this!
Jun 9, 2023 10:40 pm
I still am angling for that July 1st start.

Welcome aboard

You do not have permission to post in this thread.