Interest Check/Recruitment Crystalpunk 5E

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 29, 2023 7:24 pm
Hello everyone. I am new to running games on this forum. I am wondering if there is any interest in Dungeons and Dragons 5E -Crystalpunk Setting by Plus Three Press. This is a magictech setting-think Shadowrun but the source of power is magic. You would start working for a low level security firm doing random tasks at first as the greater narrative unfolds. Sandy Petersen's Cthulu Mythos will be used as well and I would allow for some options out of that source as well as others on a case by case basis.
May 29, 2023 7:32 pm
do you have a link to this setting?

Is it this https://plusthreepress.com/#crystalpunk
Last edited May 29, 2023 7:34 pm
May 29, 2023 7:50 pm
runekyndig says:
do you have a link to this setting?

Is it this https://plusthreepress.com/#crystalpunk
Yes that one
May 29, 2023 8:35 pm
This looks interesting. I would be interested.
May 29, 2023 8:41 pm
Interested, Though I'll wait for a game concept/adventure hook idea before making a more detailed post.
May 29, 2023 10:51 pm
https://i.imgur.com/Kfz8eFi.jpg

Nightmares of Aysta A Crystalpunk Campaign

Prismatic Falls. A wonderful name for such a dreadful place. Not at first glance mind you, but the more you spend eking out an existence within its walls, the more you believe this to be true. Between the jawtakers, manastorms and news of this weird green mist, you hardly have time to notice how hungry and broke you are. Still under such pressures diamonds can emerge. The Evergreen Tree in the Handmaiden is one such anomaly. You marvel at it while taking a moment to yourself while eating a quick snack on break from your Evertech security job. The moment is cut short by a flash on your meeting stone.
Quote:
Break time over puddlestompers! Got a job on the rim. Pays the daily rate, 50 gems and if you don't like it ill find another poor sob to fill in for you! If you want to get paid you'll be here in ten. Quillion Out.
the brash battleborn ends the call in his usual militaristic manner. Well break times over, and gems don't grow on trees. Not even the Evergreen.
OOC:
Welcome to my Recruitment. Below is a link to the website for Crystalpunk that has some free items that might be helpful.
https://plusthreepress.com/#crystalpunk

Character Creation 27 point buy. Any official 5E sources accepted as well as Crystalpunk and SandyPetersen's Cthulu Mythos. Other sources may be considered on case by case basis. Starting equipment : Issued a bag of holding by Evertech and a uniform with a meetingstone , otherwise use Gold/Equipment from PHB. You can substitute weapons/armor for a modern equivalent from Crystalpunk book. Alignment-Any, but crimes will be punished...severely. Will use max Hitpoints the entire time. New Skill Streetwise (Wisdom) will be available as a choice for anyone in place of another skill. Used for knowledge of local gangs, reputations, general street knowledge ect.

Evertech is a low level security firm owned by the Autognome Otto Bezeltrix and is ran by Quillion a Battleborn veteran of some past conflict he never speaks of. Evertech operates in accordance to the laws of the Evergreen Council and is officially associated with them, but your time working there has shown that they loosely follow the tenents of the Handmaiden. Mechanically Evertech is a Group Patron as found in Tash's Cauldron of Everything. You start the campaign employed by Evertech as part of a low level security detail.

Themes The game is magictech/cyberpunk with some Cthulu horror mixed in. Obstacles will have many ways of being solved/by-passed.

Character Advancement will be milestone. One level a mission typically. Sounds fast, but due to nature of PBP probably won't seem like it.

Expected Posting Minimum of 3 posts a week. This is my first time posting on this site and taking the first one slow I think is best.

Start Date June 16th the weekend of Father's Day.

You arrive at the station on the corner of Maple and Spruce. Quillion is handing out assignments and looks you and your companions
Quote:
Get in the company vehicle. You are picking up some Mana Techs and taking them to the Spirit Towers on the Rim where the Manastorm hit last night. It knocked out coms and they need to do some routine maintenance. Just babysit them until its done.
OOC:
I look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks for your interest.
May 30, 2023 1:00 pm
Ok, Obviously someone has got to play the Evolutionist, so I'll take that if nobody else wants it, but otherwise it's either a clockwork sorcerer or an Arcane Archer, each might require a but of reflavoring and will definitely be entirely different characters but should each work well as for race I'll probably go Human because I'm not super familiar with any of the crystalpunk Lore
May 30, 2023 1:15 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
Ok, Obviously someone has got to play the Evolutionist, so I'll take that if nobody else wants it, but otherwise it's either a clockwork sorcerer or an Arcane Archer, each might require a but of reflavoring and will definitely be entirely different characters but should each work well as for race I'll probably go Human because I'm not super familiar with any of the crystalpunk Lore
If you like the Arcane Archer Fighter, you should check out the book. It has a new version that isn't completely focused on ranged weapons. It is kind of interesting.
May 30, 2023 10:25 pm
This looks pretty amazing.. I would say I would be interested but I am traveling tomorrow for a funeral and will be out a week, so it would make it hard to apply to this,,... But I have never heard of Crystalpunk, so at least now I can look out for any future games...
May 31, 2023 2:48 am
I really love the idea of playing a monk in this setting.
May 31, 2023 4:20 am
Sounds good guys, I look forward to your submissions. There is a "Way of the Street" monk in the setting that I really like.
May 31, 2023 4:32 pm
I am interested. Would a warforged artificer be ok here?
May 31, 2023 11:05 pm
I think astral self monk is my favorite for this setting. Tapping into the mana to become one with it sounds like a wild experience.
Jun 1, 2023 7:19 pm
Interested! Setting looks real cool!
Jun 1, 2023 9:08 pm
Darpavien says:
I am interested. Would a warforged artificer be ok here?
Yes that would be fine, they also have some different Race options that are similar to warforged like Soulforged or Battleborn.
Jun 5, 2023 5:29 am
Interested if you still have room.
Jun 5, 2023 7:39 pm
Is this possible to play without owning the book?
Jun 5, 2023 8:30 pm
Mnrtoler says:
Is this possible to play without owning the book?
Yes, you can download a free supplement of the Crystalpunk off the 3pluspress website too that will give you some idea about the setting. https://plusthreepress.com/#crystalpunk look for free stuff at bottom of page.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.