Ooc thread

Feb 14, 2015 5:26 am
Here is a place for any ooc chatter!
Feb 14, 2015 2:34 pm
Avatar check for Kleas Huszár...
Feb 15, 2015 6:41 pm
I'm assuming none of the characters have met yet, correct?
Feb 15, 2015 7:21 pm
You could have or could not have, it's up to you.
Feb 16, 2015 5:56 am
Is "Part One" for all characters?
Feb 16, 2015 7:35 am
It is. Just giving everyone a chance to get in before I posted again.
Feb 16, 2015 4:29 pm
I am in... and I get to PLAY (as opposed to run). I like doing both... but I've run more Numenera that I have played.

So, when do we get our initial Cyphers? And, based on the latest books, the economy for starting shins is....well, poor.

Thanks,

Kevba Con
Feb 16, 2015 6:04 pm
I was about to as about Cyphers and Oddities as well. Beat me to it grandmaster.
Feb 16, 2015 6:20 pm
foolsmask says:
I was about to as about Cyphers and Oddities as well. Beat me to it grandmaster.
No worries. :) I sometimes tend to jump the gun.
Last edited February 16, 2015 6:22 pm
Feb 16, 2015 8:13 pm
Had another thought...since we can't see each other's characters...do we want to share the general idea of them? Like their descriptive sentence and any other pertinent details for how our group might get along? Or is that something intended to be discovered "organically" through play?
Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Cypher and oddities will be awarded soon in game. Going to give a thread for characters as well. I am going by the book for starting shins, but feel free to add some gear your character would logically have.
Feb 17, 2015 2:00 am
Just saying, as adventures, we will need to "earn" or "find" our shins. :)

The Ninth World Guidebook has more on the economy.

Shins and Coins: “Shin” is very old slang that started in the Ninth World’s earliest days as “shinies.” It speaks to a time when humans scavenged for most of what they used rather than crafting their own goods. Shins in circulation today are often from that time—bits of an ancient numenera device of metal or synth, sparkling crystals, or colored glass.
As time goes on, more and more localities try to create a more formal coinage. But shins remain the standard currency in most places. It’s not that shins themselves are important. They are just an easily understood unit that often represents barter. In other words, when the butcher tells the woman in the dairy that a certain amount of meat is worth 2 shins, she knows to give him 2 shins’ worth of cheese in payment, even though no shins or coins of any kind are exchanged.
When actual shins are used in trade, the party accepting the payment often refuses a small percentage of the objects as being worthless. A particular merchant, for example, might accept some synth pieces but reject a few dull crystals as being just "rocks.” The next merchant, however, might accept those crystals. As a result, traders usually make sure that in any given transaction, they offer about 10 percent more than what’s being asked. They don’t throw out rejected shins, though—those items are saved for the next transaction because you never know what someone will take. (Communities that have actual coins avoid this issue.)

For example, the daily wages
Job ---------------------- Daily Wage
Guard ------------------- 1–2
Numenera consultant -- 5–20
Boat captain --------------- 5
Craftsperson -------------- 4
Engineer ---------------- 10
Farmer ------------------- 2–3
Artisan ------------------- 8
Farmhand ----------------- 1–2
Animal tender ------------- 1–2
Laborer ------------------- 1–2
Sage/scholar/teacher --- 5–20
Chiurgeon --------------- 8–30
“Fortune teller” ------- 10–20

Services average out at
Item ------------------- Cost in Shins
Lodging, basic ------------ 2–5/day
Lodging, high-end ------ 10–100/day
Storage rental ------------ 1–3/day
Laundry ------------------- 1
Bath ----------------------- 1
Cab or ferry ------------- 1–2
Last edited February 17, 2015 2:06 am
Feb 17, 2015 10:51 pm
foolsmask says:
Had another thought...since we can't see each other's characters...do we want to share the general idea of them?
Kleas should be in the character library. Should be able to check him out there I think.
Feb 18, 2015 3:27 am
Okay, why is my main name showing up and not my character?
Feb 18, 2015 3:30 am
grandmaster says:
You need to set the "Post As:" field as your character. Should be able to select his name. This is only available if you quote someone else's message or post using the advanced options. (Unless you already know that, then something must be wrong.)
Last edited February 18, 2015 3:31 am
Feb 18, 2015 11:25 am
szemely says:
grandmaster says:
You need to set the "Post As:" field as your character. Should be able to select his name. This is only available if you quote someone else's message or post using the advanced options. (Unless you already know that, then something must be wrong.)
Okay, I see that now (though i am not sure I saw it there before)
Feb 18, 2015 3:25 pm
szemely says:
foolsmask says:
Had another thought...since we can't see each other's characters...do we want to share the general idea of them?
Kleas should be in the character library. Should be able to check him out there I think.
Well...I didn't realize that was a thing. I guess I didn't read the instruction forum well enough. But anyway, no I don't see any of our characters listed in the library. I just toggled my library switch on. I'm not sure if it takes time to update, so I guess check that.
Feb 18, 2015 9:31 pm
Hmm, I'll have to double check to see if I have them marked the way I thought I did.
Feb 19, 2015 2:34 am
Ok, you're not allowed to view character sheets of the characters that you're in an active game with.
Feb 20, 2015 1:04 am
Oh right...I saw a post asking about allowing people in game to see character sheets. Well, in my roleplay history its never been a problem, but I've heard horror stories of cheating/metagaming. So, hopefully they can adjust that.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.