Player Characters

Feb 23, 2015 9:59 pm
Hey Guys. Please post your characters here. Detailed descriptions of your characters and backgrounds are encouraged but not required.
Feb 23, 2015 10:30 pm
Kleas Huszár was original created for a different game on here that never came to fruition. Rather than let him go to waste, I decided to use him here. He's an exiled glaive.

Here's what I had originally wrote about him in the other game, which gives a little insight into his (still evolving) background/characteristics:

It wasn't the child's fault. She was merely playing with her siblings as they chased her about the marketplace. Ducking in and out of the early morning crowd she was quickly outpacing her brothers as they struggled to keep up. She never even saw the stranger as she collided into his leg and was sent sprawling to the ground.

Kleas' scowled glare was enough to send the brothers scurrying off as they left their little sister to fend for herself. Scowled glares came easy to Kleas as he had seen them more times than he cared to remember from the elders of his old village. Today, however, would have to be different. Varzslat, his one remaining friend, had gone out of his way to arrange for him to meet with the Aeon Priest and the last thing Kleas wanted to do was to ruin this opportunity with his awkward disposition.

Turning his attention to the young girl lying at his feet, Kleas did his best to contort his face into something that vaguely resembled a smile, but before he could manage the child had risen up and delivered a sharp blow to the side of his knee. "Watch where you're walking you abhuman!", she yelled as she quickly sped off to rejoin her brothers. "Well, you're off to a great start", Kleas sighed to himself as he continued his way through the marketplace towards the Aeon Temple.

Temples had always made him uncomfortable and it didn't take long for the familiar nervousness to wash over him as he paused before the open temple doors. He had never understood the purpose of the daily temple rituals that he was forced to take part in as a child but learned quickly that questioning them had severe and immediate consequences. Cursing Varzslat quietly under his breath for sending him to such a place Kleas did his best to muster what little composure he could as he entered the building. "May I help you?" asked a young woman, breaking the silence, as Kleas entered the altar room. "Ummm, my name is Kleas Huszar and I'm looking for Illisan. I understand that he may have some work for me." "Yes, please, right this way, he's been expecting you..."

Name: 'Kleas' was the name of the very first character I ever created for an RPG some 30+ years ago. He was a D&D Elf (just an Elf, no class, just Elf). 'Huszár' is the Hungarian word for Hussar (I play a lot of Napoleonic war games), basically light cavalry, but is also the name of the Knight in Chess.
Last edited February 23, 2015 10:31 pm
Feb 24, 2015 2:54 am
Backstory

Sorako was born in Aian to wealthy and Numenera crazed parents. To them, Sorako was merely a subject in various experiments, and from their testing she gained the 'boon' of communicating with the dead. One day her parent's were arrested by the city police for abuse and corruption, and Sorako was to be indoctrinated as a slave for a lord higher up in the social food chain (maybe the Master...?). However, as the house was being ransacked, Sorako was taken by an officer to the deepest levels of the city.
There, he released her with a smile and black clothing (the glowing lines in the black clothing change in hue and intensity based off of Sorako's emotions) and said: " Hide yourself away, you're being hunted." He then disappears.
In the lower levels of Aian, it was discovered by the other denizens of the deep that Sorako could speak to the dead. Already traumatized, she became mute thanks to the new abuse she received for her ungodly ability.

Description

Sorako has eyes of mismatched colors (blood red and pink) and short bright blue hair. Her left arm ends in a mechanical hand that she uses for her necromancy. She wears black clothes that have glowing lines that reflect her emotions, although she covers them and her hair with a cloak. On her right hip she wears a wakizashi with a dagger above it.
She is mute, but never learned to speak with some form of sign language, so instead tries to make herself understood with hand gestures. Sorako tries to avoid people as much as possible, and prowls the buildings of the city, leaping and climbing from one building to the next (parkour). She often travels to morgues and graveyards to commune with the dead, although she always returns to the heights of the city quickly.

Motivations

Sorako wants to find her parents and ask them WHY? Their actions have affected her entire life and she would like to know their motivation. She speaks to the dead to try to find them, dead or alive, and also searches prisons and penitentiaries for their whereabouts. She feels like the upper echelons of society may know something...

What about that man? Who was he? Why did he help me?

These glowing clothes must've been given to me for a reason? Why?

(Hi guys, if any of you have a problem with the parkour skill please bring it up! Another character of mine has the same skill, and it is a little unoriginal to use it again here. However, it's the closest my character's will get to human flight, an idea I'm very fond of.)
Feb 28, 2015 6:01 am
Ayr'din Who Walks on Flowers is a very popular dancer among the rich of Aian City. Ayr'din has only ever known life inside the estates of the rich. Who Walks on Flowers was a name granted by Ayr'din's first patron after witnessing Ayr'din do that very thing. Ary'din has been leant out to other nobles for performances both public and private. Ary'din does not mind as long as the pay is good and there is fine for study and access to interesting Numenera. The political strife has not bothered Ayr'din up to this point.

Ary'din is attractive, with dark olive skin, hair shaved recently but stumble grows in bright blue. Ayr'din always dresses in a tight body suit and a loose hip length robe. Ary'din is completely androgynous in appearance and really does not mind the attention that brings sometimes.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.