1.4 - The Wyr River: Out of the darkness, into ...

Mar 3, 2015 8:33 pm
After resting in the dome, Darazen is the last to awaken. It was uneventful, except for the tension earlier when Tara and Birtwood decided waiting here was a bit too dangerous. Tara assured your all that she would be on the surface.

Vult has spent a little time trying to rig the gravity detonator to go off remotely and he thinks he got it. I also was able to salvage parts from the commander's body.

Khoren sits staring at the frame, holding the commander's sword.

What's everyone wanting to do?
Mar 3, 2015 9:17 pm
Darazen stirs feeling much better. He looks around and does a quick head count.

"Where's Tara? She's not gone through the portal now has she? Oh, and where's Birtwood?"
Mar 3, 2015 9:21 pm
(I would also like to expend a second rest for an extra hour, if Darazen rested that long.)
Last edited March 3, 2015 9:23 pm

Rolls

Intellect check - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Recovery roll, one hour - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Mar 3, 2015 9:31 pm
"They went for the surface" Vult replies, looking over his work.

(OOC: Vult would have used his minute recovery roll during this time)

(OOC: Spending an xp on a reroll)

(OOC: And a second XP! Sheesh)

(OOC: I'm calling shenanigans :-/ And I'd like to register a complain with the GM about the dice ;-P They seem to roll in a series.)
Last edited March 3, 2015 9:38 pm

Rolls

Recovery - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Sabotaging the Portal (Trained, Level of Effort, Numenera Asset) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Reroll - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Another try :( - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Mar 3, 2015 10:54 pm
Utazó rises to her feet after her break and walks back towards the portal. Noticing the work Vult has done with the detonator she turns and asks, "Why is everyone so eager to destroy our only real lead into what is happening down here? Darazen said the he had visions of some sort of waterfall", Utazó stops and points at the portal and its running water. "One of the creeps we had said something about 'Onba Pha', and I'm pretty sure whatever the hell that is has an door named after it on the other side of this thing."

Strolling back towards the entrance of the chamber, "I think we need to investigate this, at least go there and poke around a little, but if that's not what the rest of you want to do then I'll stick with the group. Either way, destroying this thing will only let anyone on the other side know that something's wrong. Something they don't as of yet know, which can only be to our advantage."

Reaching her previous resting spot, Utazó crouches down next to Khoren who continues to rest. "I'll keep an eye on the hallway while you guys recover from that last fight", she says as she scans the approaching hallway. "Come back, Tara, we're going to need your help no matter what we decide to do."
Last edited March 3, 2015 10:55 pm

Rolls

Intellect roll to watch the hallway. - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Mar 3, 2015 10:57 pm
"I am hoping to get everyone's input before doing anything. However, I feel that destroying the portal presents the best opportunity for keeping this 'queen' from sending more reinforcements to harry us. She knows where we are, after all." Vult replies.
Mar 3, 2015 11:52 pm
"Now I've rested I feel much better. I think we should go through the portal. We don't know where the Assassin's Heart is. It seems logical it may be this side of the portal as we are encountering the queen's troops, but she may be sending them everywhere. I think Utazo is correct. We should press on to find this queen and thwart her plans."

Darazen pauses. "We can't trust anything I was told. This queen is evil and her forces are totally dominated by her. I am not happy. I want revenge. We should stop her from finding the Heart, and as we don't know where to find the Heart then our best lead is to find the Queen."
Mar 4, 2015 12:17 am
After her rest with Darazen, Yui rises and starts pacing. "We've rested, but her goons could come through any moment. Someone needs to grab Tara, or we need to go up with her. I'd like to see sunlight as well, but this portal needs some attention.
Okay...I say let's go through or get out of this damned stinking room, we're not accomplishing squat just sitting here chatting.
We need to do something...I guess my vote is for going into that portal, or leaving these caves entirely."

It'd really not kill me to see some sunlight...these damn caverns are getting to me... but I'm not running away like Tara, I can't let my friends down. Hope Tara's okay though, I'm itching to check on her.

Yui leans on the wall next to Darazen, and whispers to him silently. She seems on edge.
Last edited March 4, 2015 5:39 am

Rolls

rest 1 hour - (1d6+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Mar 4, 2015 1:43 am
Tara nods to Birtwood and lays down to rest.. ~Something down there is scrambling their minds.. it's like they don't remember half of what they've already figured out.. I wish I knew more about Numenera to figure out what..~ she sighs a little and relaxes into her rest.

After realizing they haven't shown up still for the 10 min, she takes her hour as well.
Last edited March 4, 2015 1:45 am

Rolls

Recovery 10 min - (1d6+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Recovery 1 Hr - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Mar 4, 2015 4:51 am
As Yui whispers to Darazen he tips his head and listens intently. He then turns and looks sincerely into her eyes, touching her shoulder with his hand as a gesture of reassurance. The communication is silent, and a split second later he nervously smiles at her.
Last edited March 4, 2015 4:51 am
Mar 4, 2015 5:42 am
Yui's shoulders slump, and she seems to have relaxed. She smiles at Darazen an gives him a hug while whispering softly. (ooc: feels!)
Mar 4, 2015 2:20 pm
Merlin says:
"I think we should go through the portal."
Khoren's mood has grown darker and darker in the hour of inactivity, but he noticeably brightens at Darazen's words, and all but leaps to his feet. He tucks his new sword in his belt, waves away the mud accumulated during his rest, and approaches Vult.

He whispers to Vult, "when you're preparations are complete, we should enter this portal. If we encounter opposition, we can run back through and destroy it behind us." Khoren turns to Yui, Darazen and Utazo, and speaks loudly so they can be sure to hear. "All our answers may lay on the other side. They've gone to considerable effort to capture cyphers, and to deceive us."

He looks to the tunnel. "Any sounds from that way? Any sign Tara met trouble?"
Mar 4, 2015 2:47 pm
Darazen says, "I think it is decided. We are nearly unanimous to pass through the portal. We just need to persuade Tara."

Darazen reaches out telepathically to Tara to encourage her return.

(ooc: strictly speaking I don't think I have the range to do this, but I'm hoping in the interests of moving on, GM will allow a concession just this once).
Mar 4, 2015 4:45 pm
Merlin says:
Darazen says, "I think it is decided. We are nearly unanimous to pass through the portal. We just need to persuade Tara."

Darazen reaches out telepathically to Tara to encourage her return.

(ooc: strictly speaking I don't think I have the range to do this, but I'm hoping in the interests of moving on, GM will allow a concession just this once).
Yes, you are too far away to make a link with her, especially since you never have before (if you did, it was brief) and your target has to be willing.
Mar 4, 2015 5:16 pm
Having failed to contact Tara, Darazen tries to contact Birtwood, a creature he has been in contact with, and is an accomplished telepath. ***please tell Tara to come back***

Rolls

Telepathic contact with Birtwood - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Mar 4, 2015 8:51 pm
Darazen links telepathically with Khoren. ***Can you check that tracking device of yours? It might be tracking the Heart.***
Mar 5, 2015 9:19 pm
Tara comes strolling back into the dome room after a little over THREE hours. She's not wearing her mask, it's in her hand.. and she looks at you all and shouts "You obstinate wankers!"
She glances around at each of you..
"Birtwood did not like being underground.. He mentioned several times he wanted sunlight.. but you couldn't be torn away from your shiny portal to even give him some peace.. Except for you Vult.. You actually helped him by tending his wounds. All the rest of you just wanted to plop down and not give a damn about him and only think of yourselves."
Tara glares at all of you and continues..
"Birtwood is now with his people.. My suspicions have been confirmed.. The Steadfast IS under major attack and are marshaling everyone to the defense of the realm. I'm willing to go through the portal with you now that I *know* my loves ones are not completely defenseless. The invasion goes even into other territories: Navarene, Thaemor, even Iscobal. Furthermore, Birtwood has promised me that they will let the Aeon Priests know of the location of this portal.. Hopefully they can figure more out and perhaps find the infiltration points that seem to be all over the Steadfast... They are causing a lot of damage and unrest as they hunt and kill for Numenera. So now, if I get stuck on the other side of that portal in a foreign land, I can feel some pride that I've done my duty. I still think we should secure this side of the portal, by checking the other path we haven't checked in these caves.. but I'm willing to do something only marginally tactically stupid if you all insist on not doing it."
With that, Tara puts her mask on.. grabs her sword-staff.
"Well? What now."
Last edited March 5, 2015 9:20 pm
Mar 5, 2015 9:32 pm
"I still think that the most tactically sound approach is to destroy the portal. Cuts off reinforcements, that sort of thing." Vult replies, a bit hesitant at Tara's comments. "Though I seem to be in the minority."
Mar 5, 2015 9:35 pm
"Thanks for the lecture. Would have been much more helpful to give it before running off in a tizzy", Utazó says as she continues to watch down the hallway. "Glad she's back!"
Mar 5, 2015 10:37 pm
"Oh, you're not the only one Vult." Tara says "But we are the two newest people to this little group, they picked me up only shortly before we rescued you. I can't as easily turn off my morals to sit in the dim light of this underground cavern and rest while I hear someone near begging for sunlight and the surface, especially when I know it's a short walk down an already cleared passageway.".. Tara's mask looks a tad perturbed at that last statement..
"Since the Steadfast is alerted..and indeed it's worse than I feared; I can see a tactical advantage now in going through the portal and gathering more information, especially as Birtwoods people will pass the information we have gathered so far to an Aeon priest."
load next

Thread locked