Shadowrun!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 10, 2015 8:00 am
After deeply desiring to learning/becoming good at shadowrun and not seeing any available to join I'm jumping in head first and attempting to start one! It'll be under the "riders of tranquility base" title.

Hopefully very laid back playstyle since I'm both new to the system and the forum, (although I've lurked for quite awhile and am experienced with other RPGS.) maybe posting once or twice a day,

Players will be members of "the lunatics" an outlaw 1% motorcycle club in a very sons of anarchy style game. The activities will be primarily located south of Denver in the NAN with their clubhouse located in the town of Pueblo, which will serve as a stand in for Charming.
Mar 10, 2015 11:37 pm
Is this 4th edition? If so, how is it different from the 5th?
Mar 10, 2015 11:46 pm
I would actually prefer 5th edition but its not currently available here for character sheets. It's somewhat similar from what I've read in the core rulebook, but character creation is slightly different. I'll have to look and see if we can maybe use the 4th edition character sheet incorrectly formatted here and just change it when our beloved admin has a chance to add that option. I'd be content doing 4th edition but of course would prefer the more current edition.
Mar 11, 2015 3:30 am
Yah, I added 4th way back as that was the version I had on me. I keep meaning to add 5th...
Mar 11, 2015 5:50 am
Keleth says:
Yah, I added 4th way back as that was the version I had on me. I keep meaning to add 5th...
No worries, I know you're a busy guy. It would be nice though, :-)
Mar 11, 2015 6:11 am
I would love to play a Shadowrun game. I have both editions, but my 4th edition books is packed down in the basement, but will be no problem to find them if needed :)
Mar 11, 2015 1:22 pm
Awesome! It'd be easy enough to just go with a form fillable pdf for 5e until we can actually do them onsite, so let's do that.

Anyone have any character concepts? Is the MC appealing to you guys? Or would you rather go with more of a standard team of runners? I'm just deep into watching Sons of Anarchy on Netflix and the whole biker theme has really captured my imagination.
Mar 15, 2015 11:05 am
Biker gang works well for me. I was thinking of making a former professional combat biker who were just about to make it big time when he was involved in a match fixing scandal. He was forced to quit, and his ticket out of "thug life" was no more. Since then he's returned to his gang, though not happily.
Mar 16, 2015 2:06 pm
I like it!
Mar 22, 2015 1:16 am
Bump in order to hopefully strike up some interest
Mar 24, 2015 4:25 pm
Hey! Saw your game on the games list, and couldn't resist clicking apply. I'm a fan of Shadowrun and kickin a$$ in wolfskins and leathers sounds fun.

I'm not sure I'm familiar with what
Quote:
a ...professional combat biker
is, though I'm imagining something out of Running Man.

But some kind of bad-ass adept slashing people with a sword as he rides by sounds fun. Or being able to leap off the bike and have some kind of IC (sorry I'm rusty, I forget the specific kind of AI i'm looking for) to navigate the bike to safety without a rider.

Anyway, Thanks for diving in, looks like a fun time.
Mar 27, 2015 7:01 am
Grendelthebrave says:
Hey! Saw your game on the games list, and couldn't resist clicking apply. I'm a fan of Shadowrun and kickin a$$ in wolfskins and leathers sounds fun.

I'm not sure I'm familiar with what
Quote:
a ...professional combat biker
is, though I'm imagining something out of Running Man.

But some kind of bad-ass adept slashing people with a sword as he rides by sounds fun. Or being able to leap off the bike and have some kind of IC (sorry I'm rusty, I forget the specific kind of AI i'm looking for) to navigate the bike to safety without a rider.

Anyway, Thanks for diving in, looks like a fun time.
according to the shadowrun wiki; Combat Biker is an officially non-lethal sport where players, riding bikes, compete in an arena. Cyberware, armor and non-lethal weapons are permitted. (think rollerball, the James Caan version, not the crappy 2001 version)

what kinda biker are you thinking of? combat biker is not necessarily the only thing a member of the club can be,
Mar 27, 2015 7:11 am
as opposed to the more well known Denver, here is an article describing pueblo, (the home base of the club) as it exists in the shadowrun setting. while the setting says 2054, we will be playing in 2060. in the Mesa area on the East side.

enjoy reading through it, its a fun and well done read. I myself got quite a kick from seeing places from my old hometown
http://rpg.divnull.com/srun/pueblo/
Apr 6, 2015 5:00 pm
Yeah I'm thinking an adept biker who would be considered a combat biker, though not necessarily a professional in that he didn't partake in the arena sport. His augmented abilities as an adept would lead him to reckless acts of acrobatics that would probably leave mundane types bleeding out on the pavement.
That article about Pueblo is pretty awesome. Makes me even more excited.
Apr 7, 2015 11:49 am
An adept would be awesome! Sorry I haven't responded yet, hadn't seen any response in awhile other than Furmyr and had started to lose heart. Lol.

Yeah I love that article. I was gonna base it out of Pueblo anyway so it'd be close to Denver and just make it myself, but then I googled it for shadowrun and lucked out!

Anyone else? One or two more players would be great but of be happy with a duo,
Apr 7, 2015 1:40 pm
I'll keep pushing to get you players.
Apr 7, 2015 8:41 pm
Thanks buddy.
Apr 8, 2015 4:25 pm
a biker gang? My motorcycle club was almost a Hell's Angel affiliate. This sounds like fun.

I'll find the books, give it a read, and let you know, CC.
Apr 8, 2015 5:08 pm
Hope I'm not too late on this, but is there still room? If so, any chance I could play a decker or technomancer (I'm not sure techies are still a thing in 5th, I remember them being way more fun than simple deckers in 4th where they were presumably introduced for the first time)?
Apr 8, 2015 5:40 pm
Okay, I'm seeing a physical combatant (street samurai?) and Deus' Technomancer/Decker.

Is there another class that could round us out? That'll help me focus my reading/learning a little more
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.