Interested in Joining/Starting a Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 12, 2015 9:34 pm
I'm new here, but I've pbp'd before.

I'm looking to get involved as a GM or player, but I'd prefer to not jump into something that's already begun.

My interests run the gamut of gaming (I like most everything), but I tend to shy away from games that are overly crunchy with a rule for everything and everything covered by a rule (Shadowrun, for instance), and I'm a little played out on Fate at the moment, since it's what I usually design with (I'd like this to be a means of escape).

So, anyone interested in...something?
Mar 12, 2015 10:03 pm
We have a Shadowrun game getting started, and a bunch of Numenera, and there's been the lingering interest in DnD5 that never quite hit off, but maybe could come together.
Mar 12, 2015 10:27 pm
Still want to run a beginner series using 5e but just cannot find the time right now. Barely have time for the games I am already committed to on top of family, work, rugby, and workouts.
Mar 12, 2015 10:32 pm
I'd love to get involved in another 5E game. Pretty much a newbie though, so GMing is out for a while.
Mar 13, 2015 2:19 am
I've got D&D going for my table game here at home, so it's pretty low on my personal totem pole as far as things to run. I'd be a player in a game, though.
Mar 13, 2015 2:29 am
As for things I'd run...

Asian fantasy is very evocative (True 20 had a great pseudo-Japanese setting to play in that was kind of like L5R, though I could maybe run something like that in a D&D human-centric game, I also like the True20 ruleset).

Mecha are tons of fun, though I'm not sure which system I'd pick for that (maybe Supers! RED, as their system of choosing what to roll with and where to take damage would be easily hackable for mecha).

Superheroes are always an old standby for me (also using Supers! RED).
Mar 13, 2015 7:11 pm
Hullo, RM,

If you're still looking for a game to play in, I've got a game based on the PRIMEVAL tv series, using the game published by the folks at Cubicle 7, just starting to get running now. I'm still looking for a couple of players to join the fun and get involved, and the game system is easy to work with and not very difficult to create characters for at all.

Here's the link for the PbP forums here:
PRIMEVAL: Tales of the Anomalies

You can read about the basic premise for the game in the Thread in the PbP section on the game, and I can answer any other questions you might have. In addition, there's this thread in the Games Taverns Section as well:

http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/257/

And you can read up on the tv series and its premise: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primeval

Hope this game garners some of your interest, and that you decide to join us for the game. I know as Moderator I would love to have you. :)
Last edited March 13, 2015 7:12 pm
Mar 14, 2015 1:13 am
That premise sounds interesting, but the wiki is kind of vague. I recall seeing Primeval available on Netflix. I'll watch an episode or two tonight. :)

Thanks for the invite!
Mar 14, 2015 2:34 pm
Hullo, RM,
RMDanks says:
That premise sounds interesting, but the wiki is kind of vague. I recall seeing Primeval available on Netflix. I'll watch an episode or two tonight. :)

Thanks for the invite!
My pleasure! :) Hope you decide to join us in the game. :)
May 17, 2015 4:58 pm
Hi there RMDanks! I've never had the opportunity to play an RPG that wasn't medieval fantasy so yeah I'm interested in mecha :-) Not familiar with the system you mentioned though. Is it easy to learn?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.