New D&D 5e campaign incoming

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 18, 2015 6:16 pm
Hey planers, what up? I'm thinking about opening up a new D&D 5e campaign within the next few days. All of my DMing experience to date is with 1st and 2nd editions, but I've been playing in a few 5e games (including Arjen's excellent Adventures in Faerun right here on this site) and enjoying them so I figured I should get with the times and jump in to what's current.

This would be a homebrew setting, starting at first level. My style tends toward episodic dungeon crawls, but I like to thread them together with an overarching storyline and I'm big on letting the players drive the tone and direction of the narrative.

One idea I had for this campaign would be to set it at an earlier technological epoch than the usual high medieval era, maybe Bronze Age or Iron Age or something.

Anybody up for this? Any feedback from interested potential players would be welcome before I start really putting this together.
Mar 18, 2015 6:28 pm
I'd be interested in playing. Homebrew setting works for me.
Mar 18, 2015 7:26 pm
I don't know DnD5e, but I should probably learn, given its on my site... its always been a system I've loved playing.
Mar 18, 2015 11:52 pm
I would really like to get in on this, I've never really played a magic class much and would like to try out a dwarf wizard.
Mar 19, 2015 1:24 am
I would lean towards some type of magic class as well, just to see how they work. Sorcerer perhaps?
Mar 19, 2015 12:19 pm
Thank you for the kind words! This has been the best PbP group I have ever worked with! Thank you all for your dedicated posts.
Mar 19, 2015 2:55 pm
Eeer... Arjen, was this supposed to be in a different forum? Or made in a different forum that somehow wound up here?
Mar 19, 2015 3:21 pm
BullOctorok says:
(including Arjen's excellent Adventures in Faerun right here on this site) and enjoying them so I figured I should get with the times and jump in to what's current.
I suspect these are the kind words he is referring to and therefore in the correct forum.
Last edited March 19, 2015 3:21 pm
Mar 19, 2015 3:45 pm
I would be interested. Been wanting to try DnD5e
Mar 19, 2015 3:54 pm
I am very interested, this is hinonk by the way.
Mar 19, 2015 4:25 pm
I'm up for this! I think the slower pace of a forum game would be easier to keep track of vs Twitter so I could handle playing an actual PC.
(Hi! I'm NotInventedHere! You may remember me from such NPCs as Maahgk da Hobgoblin, Alaglossa the mad druid, Nigel the Carde Beast pro-player, and Daemonrazor the Annoying Magic Sword).
Mar 19, 2015 4:54 pm
Azzorak says:
BullOctorok says:
(including Arjen's excellent Adventures in Faerun right here on this site) and enjoying them so I figured I should get with the times and jump in to what's current.
I suspect these are the kind words he is referring to and therefore in the correct forum.
That's what I get for skimming :D I make a fool of myself.
Mar 19, 2015 5:01 pm
The game is up: http://gamersplane.com/games/36

(Hinonk, NotInvented, good to see you guys here!)
Mar 19, 2015 5:44 pm
Keleth says:
Azzorak says:
BullOctorok says:
That's what I get for skimming :D I make a fool of myself.
Not at all! We're all friends here right?!
Mar 19, 2015 6:05 pm
So for building characters for this, point buy attributes or roll them?
Mar 19, 2015 7:04 pm
Whichever you prefer.
Mar 20, 2015 12:34 am
Lol, this thing filled up quickly!
Mar 20, 2015 1:33 am
People want DnD5e! We need more DnD5e!
Mar 20, 2015 1:37 am
Keleth says:
People want DnD5e! We need more DnD5e!
I've been toying with the idea of running a terribly bad campaign at some point. Just need to let some of these other games move along a bit first so that I can steal all of their good ideas.
Mar 20, 2015 2:16 am
Just one slot left! I'm gonna wait til tonight to see if anybody else applies, then probably roll a die or something to choose the last player. If you don't make it in, sorry! Nothing personal!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.