1.5 - The Wyr River: Hunger strikes....

Apr 14, 2015 12:10 am
This is definately a room to remember. The beds are not only comfy, but they offer healing and give a little bit of a (temporary edge).

As a reminder, this is what you've seen and been able to see from the window panels.

http://www.numenerajournals.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/map-onba-pha-600x476.png

You have two doors, the one you came through and the one Tara was watching. The hall you came through continues to another door. The window panel is dark and you cannot see into the room.

The other door leads further into the complex. Tara has already examined the door. It is locked and looking through the door panel shows a dark hall. Tara thought she saw something moving beyond the reach of the light.

Food would be a good thing to find soon.
Apr 14, 2015 12:41 am
OOC: Do we know how close we might be to one of those domes?

"I wonder if there's any wildlife in those domes? Kind of looks like woods, doesn't it?" Utazó queries to no one in particular.
Apr 14, 2015 2:36 am
szemely says:
OOC: Do we know how close we might be to one of those domes?

"I wonder if there's any wildlife in those domes? Kind of looks like woods, doesn't it?" Utazó queries to no one in particular.
You would guess maybe 400 yards (365.8 meters)...that would be to the first dome.
Apr 14, 2015 1:30 pm
"My thoughts are we should look for food before heading further into the complex. Besides, I read somewhere that when exploring it is wise to know what's behind you. There's another door in the corridor we just came from. Should we check that first, before unlocking doors?"
Apr 14, 2015 4:13 pm
"This place used to be a city of some sort, or a town. People lived and trained here. They had giant machines which harvested grain and fruit." Vult mentions. "Maybe some of it is still working?"
Apr 14, 2015 9:59 pm
Utazó looks over to Vult, "Agreed. There has to be some sort of food around here someplace. Perhaps we can check that last door as Merlin suggests and then find the quickest route to one of those domes."
Apr 14, 2015 10:22 pm
"Well, I think I've got a cipher for that!" Darazen says to Utazo enigmatically. He reaches into his backpack and produces a small metallic object and places it on the ground. He seems to press something and nine appendages sprout forth... Eight legs, and one eye stalk. "OK, spider... FIND FOOD!"
Apr 14, 2015 10:54 pm
As Darazen places the cypher on the ground Utazó quickly backs away.
Apr 14, 2015 11:02 pm
(Ooc: kudos szemely! Hahaha, that's funny. Now I'm concerned...)
Apr 15, 2015 3:54 am
Yui's stomach rumbles, in your imagination creating an earthquake. "Starving...If that spider knows what it's doing, I'll treat it to an oil bath and won't eat it later." Yui rests her hand on her sword and makes to follow it.
Apr 15, 2015 5:51 am
Tara mutters something barely perceivable except to Utazo who she is standing next to.. "Great. Now we're following a spider. All hail our new tiny master of sustenence.."
Then Tara says questioningly "Why don't we just use the portal to go back to our world, supply up, and re-explore?"
Apr 15, 2015 11:47 am
Darazen pulls out a piece of Numenera and places it on the ground. Its legs unfold and it stands there looking, waiting for a command. "Find Food", Darazen tells it and it starts skittering about. It moves to the walls and the consoles and stops a moment at the door to the east. Locked and dark, it scurries north, to the door you came from. It scratches at the door for a few moments before returning to Darazen. It "looks" up and then returns to the door, scratching again.
Apr 15, 2015 11:55 am
"Well, it looks like this is the way!" Darazen tries to open the door.
Apr 15, 2015 1:09 pm
Khoren smiles gleefully at Darazen and follows him to the door, taking a deep breath and holding it as Darazen starts to mess with the door.
Apr 15, 2015 6:38 pm
"That's a neat little thing." Vult comments. Following the spider to the door, Vult looks over the door and the panel.
Apr 15, 2015 10:10 pm
Looking over to Tara, Utazó replies, "If that creepy thing can find me some food I'll follow along... Just not too closely is all."
Apr 16, 2015 3:55 am
Approaching the door, the panel lights up and you punch in the code to unlock it. The door slides open and the spider skitters forward into the hall. (GM note: this hall leads up on the map)

The spider gets to the T, stops and looks left, then turns back right and continues on to the next door. It stops and scratches at the door before turning around to see who (in the party) is following it.

Who is taking point, and who is opening the next door?
Apr 16, 2015 6:26 am
Yui's hunger drives her to none-too gently shove the next door open, almost before the spider reaches it.
Apr 16, 2015 12:35 pm
"Thanks for taking point Yui. Let me quickly check whether it's locked, and if I can unlock it."

(Ooc: a 20! Whoop!)
Last edited April 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Rolls

Intellect - Numenera, trained, book, effort - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Apr 16, 2015 1:11 pm
Khoren moves up to the intersection and looks left, cloak wrapped around his arms and keeping an eye while the others move past.
load next

Thread locked