1.5 - The Wyr River: Hunger strikes....

load previous
May 21, 2015 2:25 am
szemely says:
"What was that? I'm not seeing ghosts again, am I?"
Khoren sees a flicker in the corner of his eye. he turns to look and a fleck of something gets in his eye. It stings, burns and causes the eye to tear up suddenly.

Utazó, for a moment, sees a body floating in the air. It hangs there like being suspended from strings and suddenly, the strings are cut and it falls to the floor. As it impacts, there is little sound and a cloud of dust appears around it. As the dust settles, there is nothing left, no body, no clothes, and even the dust seems to be vanishing....leaving only two cyphers.
May 21, 2015 12:25 pm
Darazen patiently says, "Tanya, are you coming through?"
Last edited May 21, 2015 12:26 pm
May 21, 2015 9:25 pm
"What in the hell is going on here? Ghosts... bodies disappearing into thin air.. What have we got ourselves into."

As she approaches the cyphers she cautiously walks past them and stops. Turning back to Khoren she uses her sword to motion towards the devices on the floor and then continues another 10' down the hall before stopping. Taking a knee she continues to scan ahead.

Rolls

Perception (if needed) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

May 23, 2015 3:30 pm
Utazó looks down at the pile of dust at her feet as the floor starts to absorb it. Closing her eyes, she sees the shapes of two people floating for a moment before they fell.

"They must have been in this corridor for many years, and we disturbed them. May they rest well."

As the dust disappears, there are four cyphers left. Two of one type and two of another.

The first type looks like an emitter of some type and they seem to have some power left in them.

The other two are not like anything that you have seen.

Khoren moves down the right hallway and stops at a closed door.
May 23, 2015 4:32 pm
His watering eye makes him self-conscious and exposed to danger. At the end of the hall, Khoren will gently try the door to see if it is open. If it doesn't, then he'll return to the intersection and quietly inform the others. If the door does open, he will stick his head in, good eye first, for a quick reconnoiter before closing the door quietly.
May 23, 2015 4:39 pm
Assuming Tanya has left the room Darazen eyes Utazo's cyphers with curiosity. "I'll help you identify those if you like?"
Last edited May 23, 2015 5:33 pm
May 23, 2015 4:45 pm
"Help yourself, Darazen. I have no interest in those things."
May 23, 2015 5:59 pm
Darazen examines the two unusual cyphers first.

Rolls

identify Numenera - specialized, book, effort - (1d20)

(15) = 15

identify Numenera - specialized, book, effort - (1d20)

(12) = 12

May 25, 2015 12:41 pm
Vult will examine the 'regular' cyphers in the meantime.

Rolls

analyzing one cypher - (1d20)

(7) = 7

May 25, 2015 12:42 pm
T

Rolls

analyzing the second cypher - (1d20)

(18) = 18

May 29, 2015 7:30 pm
ooc: I sort of sense this game is dying a slow lingering death.... (Back of hand on forehead) "oh woe is me, make it stop! The infamy, the infamy, they've all got it infamy."
Jun 3, 2015 12:00 am
We do have seem to have slowed down in our post frequency.
Jun 3, 2015 12:23 am
Ooc: I'm with Jim now. He promises to get us going again. Hang tight.
Jun 3, 2015 2:18 am
Utazó crosses her arms and stares at the ceiling while lightly tapping with her foot. "How long does it take to identify a couple of cyphers??"
Jun 6, 2015 2:33 am
The cyphers are simple. Two laser emitters which while looking them over, you find they are discharged. The other two Cyphers are harder to decypher and Darazen and Vult agree to move on while they look them over. Sooner, they discover them to be handheld controller and a type of electronic book. Soon, they too are completely discharged and useless (but it gave them some things to add to their books).

Moving on... next thread.

Thread locked