Questions, Comments and Suggestions

Apr 28, 2015 8:13 am
Ask me anything about the game here or give feedback... I'll update the first post as a FAQ...
Everyone, not just the players are invited to comment.
Apr 29, 2015 2:12 pm
Are there any particulars you'd like us to follow for our posts?
- Like in character or OOC text in a different color?

I've never played here before. Do we link to dice rolls somehow or is there an in post dice roller?
Apr 29, 2015 3:03 pm
No special requirements as long as I can clearly distinguish the two. Maybe different colors are a bit too much but italic script or an "OOC:" in front will help. Using paragraphs to structure your texts will also be helpful.

In general just use common sense. If there is anything that needs to be ruled I'll do it but the less I have to do that the better.

I like narrative gameplay but if you make an epic description for something it might be helpful to add one or two bullet points to the end of your post clarifying the mechanical effect you are going for. Just make sure I understand your intent. If I get it wrong the universe gets it wrong and you will have to live with it. :-D As PbP games are very slow anyway redconning anything is a real pain in the ass...

As a stupid example:
~~~ half a page epic romance ~~~

OOC: What do I roll to seduce the barmaid?

or

~~~ all the horrors of the outer world and hunaity futilely struggles against the inevitable ~~~

OOC: I attack the darkness!
May 11, 2015 11:01 am
Hey guys and lady,

How do you like the game so far? Any criticism? Any suggestions to improve?
How do you like the pace?

This 1 page dungeon is a testing ground both for players and GM and I would love some feedback.
Also planning ahead this dungeon will last this week, at the most part of next week.

What would you like to do next? I can offer another one page dungeon with more combat or we can launch into a classic D&D module for epic awesomeness. See this thread for more information.
May 11, 2015 11:32 am
I think it's going fine.

When we get into proper combat, I strongly recommend a method I use when I run PBP. Attacker rolls his attack and the defender's defense at the same time. Post everyone's defense in the initiative post. It saves a lot of time, I think.

As far as what adventure to use next, your typical D&D module is LONG, and that means a PBP of a year or more, at average speed of play. The D2Go sized adventures are a nice pace, IMHO.

That said I am ok with whatever.
May 11, 2015 11:48 am
Thanks, I'll adopt the defense rolls gladly. That is a good idea.
May 11, 2015 10:13 pm
Am having fun so far :-) At first I found the pace a bit slow but now I understand that is the nature of PbP (sorry, I am new at PbP) So yeah, it's great!

Wait, we have a lady in the group? I wasn't aware...
May 12, 2015 4:52 am
My Girlfriend plays Rollo :-)
May 12, 2015 6:25 am
chocokiko says:
My Girlfriend plays Rollo :-)
Cool! :-)
Jun 10, 2015 1:00 am
Oh, the reminds me, since we bought a couple of mules, I did tried my hand at the stats for Donkey/mules if you're interested (since most animals are statted anyways).

Donkey or Mule, Animal, Large Size.

BOD: 6
ST: 3
CO: 2

MOB: 9
AG: 3
DX: 0

MND: 1
IN: 0
AU: 0

HP: 54
DEF: 8
INI: 12
MR: 8.5
MAT: 10
RAT:

Attacks: Hoof (WB+1, defending)
Defenses:

Natural Weapons: Hits attacker's weapon on fumbled melee attack against an armed opponent. The opponent instantly rolls an undefendable attack with his weapon against the fumbling creature.

FF: 2
XP: 79
Jun 10, 2015 11:13 am
Trail Mix has natural weapons!!!
Jun 10, 2015 2:47 pm
Natural weapons is a special ability all living creature have when attacking with their limbs or part of their bodies.
Jun 10, 2015 3:15 pm
For them it's a bad thing when they fumble

You do not have permission to post in this thread.