Metagame Discussion

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 29, 2015 2:54 pm
I'll open a metagame thread for discussions outisde the game...

Foolsmask: Your setting information therad is too nice to be spoiled by comments :-) I like your setting a lot. You seem to be a wonderful storyteller...
I am really looking forward to the game. My compliments on weaving in the bits and pieces of the background stories.
Apr 29, 2015 3:15 pm
Well thanks for saying so. I have had a general idea for this world for a while. Its actually heavily inspired by a sample setting from the Spark RPG book in which a human kingdom is being invaded on all four sides by orc, elves, dwarves and some kind of deep-one-esque race. In that game the invaders are forces of nature, representing the four classic elements fire, air, earth, and water respectively. I've eliminated the direct elemental ties (except maybe for the Fire Fields) but I liked the idea of being besieged. The Dragon and Lich masters were great ideas and I had a flash of inspiration on how to weave them I to the plot. The rest of the masters will be involved as well, those two just jumped out as having an obvious place in the world.

So thanks again for the complement and the inspiration to do this.
Apr 29, 2015 3:30 pm
I concur with chocokiko, this looks like a great setting ripe with opportunity for high adventure, even if we are but wee.
Apr 29, 2015 3:35 pm
But the power we wield is MIGHTY with a capital MIGHTY :-D

rofl
Last edited April 29, 2015 3:36 pm
Apr 29, 2015 4:32 pm
I also had a flash of inspiration that sums up coco very nicely.

Take this video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3bKj5w2Bc

but change the the soundtrack to this:
H-BLOCKX & TURBO B - The Power
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTBpvtQjxH8
May 4, 2015 3:23 pm
Excited to see an opening RP post--very evocative! Today is my last in Chicago so I will post today or tomorrow as time permits.
May 4, 2015 8:15 pm
Should we have a thread where each of us can post our character sheets for easy reference?
May 4, 2015 8:18 pm
If you post as your character you can click the character's name to view the sheet.
May 4, 2015 8:38 pm
Oh that's what that option is about. Cool, thanks!
May 5, 2015 2:47 am
Not sure if this or the character creation thread is the right spot for this but what do ya'll think of this image for my character. Does it look like a creature people would think is high value? I'm think this would be what he would look like when he uses his human sized stunt It stinks that they aren't the same art style. It's been tough to figure out what this character would look like. I haven't had a great vision in my head for it.
Last edited May 5, 2015 2:48 am
May 5, 2015 5:53 pm
Well. They seem fine. Not exactly what in was picturing either. But then we are just talking about a visual reference for a text game. It can change over time if you find a representation that is closer to what you picture in your mind.
May 7, 2015 12:42 am
Avatar test/asking for opinions on this new image. It is surprising difficult to find something gem/crystal based that looks like it has the bulk to be combat ready(by dwarf standards) and has value.
May 7, 2015 1:18 am
I like it. I was imagining more like the Gorignak monster from Galaxy Quest, but with gemstones, but that was just my mind trying to build a gems/crystal monster using existing templates.
May 7, 2015 4:38 am
Haha yes! I had thought of the same thing early on in coming up with this character. Especially after reading the pathfinder description of the type of familiar I am basing it off of, it says the stones of its body move and shift constantly. I immediatly pictured the scene where the gorignak takes its form :)
May 13, 2015 6:16 am
I wanted you all to know I haven't forgotten about you. I was hoping to get a response from Almathea on how Teasel responds to getting invited in. I think I'll give it another day then move forward with the story.
May 20, 2015 4:33 pm
Apologies for my vanishing act! A friend was visiting and took me out of routine more than anticipated. Glad to be back.
May 20, 2015 6:03 pm
Glad to have you back! :-)
May 22, 2015 2:08 am
Indeed. I also got caught up in some things. I am on an unexpected camping trip. Thru Sunday my posting ability will be sporadic. But we will carry on.
May 31, 2015 2:39 pm
Hi everybody. I hope I'm wrong in this but I'm worried the lack of action is due to confusion about what is happening in the story. There is some kind of monster out in the woods that is trying to get to you. Right now there are wards protecting the area, but they are being damaged. You do need to deal with this monster somehow. Fighting is not the only answer, but you guys are fully capable of dealing with the beast if you choose to. Running is also an option. You have been presented with a mystery, the Lich and the Witch are in fact sisters, and their brother seems to have been involved (i.e. responsible) for what has happened to them and all the other masters. He is seeking godhood, but something went wrong and Marta, in her very temporary lucidity, has informed you all that you are the keys to either his final ascendance or ultimate destruction. And perhaps there are more clues in the book that was mentioned though is now missing. So, I hope that I have provided sufficient plot hooks to get you in the story, but I don't want to railroad you either.
May 31, 2015 3:30 pm
Diginus has been trying to prod the rest of the group into action or at least help put the clues together. But it may be that people have just been busy with real life and that is the reason for the lack of posts. Hopefully the latter. We'll see :-)
Sarah Clairmont says:
"Oh! A book? Do you mean that ancient tome she kept all of her recopies in? It...it's here somewhere."
Was that actually meant to say recopies, or should it have been recipes? Either one actually makes sense :-)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.