OOC THREAD

May 10, 2015 12:17 am
For your out of character chat.
May 10, 2015 2:10 am
Oh, Jado has so started this one. It's on now!
May 10, 2015 10:29 pm
It's *always* on (between Jado and Aria), but she's a little out of sorts at the moment.
May 15, 2015 3:19 pm
Are you asking us to construct and describe our lightsabers now, DarthWash?
May 15, 2015 3:30 pm
Oh, yeah describe what you kind you want. You can take one hilt attachment too. For constructing them it's a 4d dicipline or mechanic check.
May 15, 2015 3:45 pm
That's a pretty stiff difficulty for those of us w/o discipline or mechanics. IIRC there were a number of downgrades when working on one's own saber, but I'll have to read up on it later.
May 15, 2015 3:46 pm
So a Dual Blade Hilt with Superior Hilt mod is ok? (sounds too good to be true).
May 15, 2015 4:03 pm
Also, the total on the roll calculated incorrectly - should be 2 Threat not 2 Advantage. Weird.
May 15, 2015 4:20 pm
Adding Mods to your attachments reduces the difficulty if it's your own saber, but I went with this difficulty because this is your first time to ever make one.

I will allow you to roll a force die and reduce one difficulty per force pip you roll (so you can spend a destiny point to use darkside). Also if you don't manage to get it made this time, you'll still keep all the components, and there will be other chances later.

Candi, since you already rolled, you can still roll the force die and take away purple dice you rolled if you'd like.
May 15, 2015 4:25 pm
It's ok, if I understand the rules correctly I've already succeeded anyway (and I'd have to be REALLY lucky to change the advantage/threat outcome).
May 15, 2015 4:50 pm
RustInPieces says:
That's a pretty stiff difficulty for those of us w/o discipline or mechanics. IIRC there were a number of downgrades when working on one's own saber, but I'll have to read up on it later.
No joke. Dang. Thank jeebus I upgraded my willpower...
Last edited May 15, 2015 4:55 pm
May 15, 2015 5:10 pm
SO I can use mechanics as well to discipline and willpower when constructing the saber?
May 15, 2015 5:20 pm
I noticed this panel on page 125 of the beta...
Quote:
If the PC wants to construct their own hilt out of available materials, the GM can still have the PCs make a check to find the hilt based on its rarity and pay the cost. This represents them finding and paying for the raw materials. Then it is simply a matter of spending a few hours putting the materials together to build the hilt—no checks are necessary.
If you want to roll with 4 difficulty GM, okay, but I figured you'd want to know.
May 15, 2015 6:10 pm
What RustInPieces said: the rules are clear that no check is needed to construct the lightsaber. Not trying to be confrontational, just making sure you're aware! The location of some information is in really obscure and kinda wonky places, this piece being just one example of many.

Quick, tell me where it says the damage of a Brawl or Melee attack. How much damage does a planetary-scale weapon do to characters? Just a few more examples :p
May 15, 2015 6:13 pm
Planetary scale does 10 points to human sized characters per point listed (had this come up in an EotE game), brawl deals base damage equal to your brawn.
May 15, 2015 6:25 pm
I want to stick with the difficulty because you are getting a limited amount of time to build it in. If you were getting more time, it wouldn't need a check, but for this you get one chance and then things are going to be happening. Later when you have more time, you can build it without the check like usual.
May 15, 2015 6:55 pm
Will gearhead apply to this check?
May 15, 2015 7:16 pm
Just so I'm sure I'm not missing anything, the available attachments are:

* Curved Hilt
* Dual-Phase Modification
* Extended Hilt
* Superior Hilt Modification

Correct?
May 15, 2015 7:34 pm
sandchigger says:
Planetary scale does 10 points to human sized characters per point listed (had this come up in an EotE game), brawl deals base damage equal to your brawn.
Yes, but do you know where the rules for them are? I do only because I've had to find them so many times :p
DarthWash says:
I want to stick with the difficulty because you are getting a limited amount of time to build it in. If you were getting more time, it wouldn't need a check, but for this you get one chance and then things are going to be happening. Later when you have more time, you can build it without the check like usual.
Ok, so it's a time constraint thing. That's cool! I'll be posting on my next break in an hour or so.
May 15, 2015 9:00 pm
EldritchFire says:
sandchigger says:
Yes, but do you know where the rules for them are? I do only because I've had to find them so many times :p
It's in the "calculate damage" section of the combat mechanics. I looked and looked but couldn't find it during a game. One of the players (who should have taken 40 damage, not 4) eventually tracked it down.
load next

Thread locked