Chapter One

May 10, 2015 12:30 am
The group of padawans were coming out of the crystal temple on Ilum. Having each faced a trial of their own and been deemed worthy by the force to receive their first lightsaber crystal.

Master Tyre is waiting outside, bundled up against he harsh cold of the planet, leaning against the cruiser that brought you here. She smirks as she sees the padawans, "About time. I was getting worried you all wouldn't make it."
May 10, 2015 12:44 am
Hrowlf barks a reply in Shyriiwook, "With the power of the Force and the living world by my side, no challenge could best me!" and slaps his nearest companion on the back.
May 10, 2015 2:01 am
Jado grunted as Hrowlf slapped his back, and grinned. "I spent about half my time helping Aria find her way out. Turns out, she could get lost in her own back yard," and elbowed Aria in the ribs. Then he looked at Brent and winked.
May 10, 2015 2:09 am
Aria smiled weakly as Jado teased her. She made an effort to deflect the elbow, but her reflexes seemed slower than usual, "I am just glad it's over." She glanced at each of her companions, as she did her smile became genuine, "and I'm glad we did it together. "
Last edited May 10, 2015 2:23 pm
May 10, 2015 4:34 pm
Callis pulls his heavy coat tighter as he stuffs the crystal inside a deep pocket. "Well' seeing as how I didn't have any kind of advanced knowledge of it going in. I think we did relatively well...Pathfinding is so much harder without the data and directions to get you out of there." Fishing his data pad out of the same pocket and pulling up the network link.
Last edited May 10, 2015 6:31 pm
May 10, 2015 6:03 pm
"Thanks to your teachings, master, I was able to complete the trial." While his words seem confident, anyone looking at his face would know that what Brent endured left a lasting impression…and not a good one.
May 11, 2015 12:42 am
"I trust that, as much as it was to endure, the force knew that we were ready for it. And, maybe, it knew that was the test we needed to move forward and face whatever comes next." She smiles, throwing her right arm over Jado's shoulder and the other over Brent's, "Plus, while we learned that I can't be trusted with directions, we also learned that Jado should invest in some climbing gear." She winked with her right eye, so that only Jado and Master Tyre would notice.
May 11, 2015 1:17 am
Callis seems a bit pre-occupied with his data slate. He taps rapidly on the touch pad making an entry seeing if the notes that he had found matched with his encounter inside..."Hmm, it seems like not everyones experience inside the temple is the same..." he mutters to himself while skimming through previous accounts of different accounts from the archives that he had downloaded previous to traveling to Ilum.
Last edited May 11, 2015 1:18 am
May 11, 2015 1:26 am
"Of course not everybody has the same test. I am not you and you are not Aria. We have different strengths and weaknesses, the Force knows this and so tests us accordingly. Would you judge a Nerf as you would a Nexu?" Hrowlf laughs at the very thought.
May 11, 2015 1:33 am
"But it is fascinating that it knows. The machinery in there was quite interesting, and I would love the opportunity to to take it apart and find out what makes it tick. Quite ancient......" He says not looking up from that data slate tapping with on hand in a flurried motion.
May 11, 2015 1:39 am
Jado snorted at Aria's jibe and leaned his head toward her. "Actually, it'd help if I didn't oversleep and leave my climbing gear under my bunk. I'm just glad I strained my shoulder, instead of falling to the cavern floor."

Jado probably looked as affected as everyone else, but he was still processing the ordeal. No one was truly prepared for these trials, not that he'd heard, and he still wasn't quite sure what the exact test had been. He did feel like he had learned something, but felt as if the knowledge of what that was remained a little outside his comprehension.

Callis' and Hrowlf's exchange distracted him momentarily. "Hrowlf, Coruscanti kid over here. I didn't understand a word you just said about, what was it? A nerf and a nexu?"
May 11, 2015 2:03 am
With a satisfied grin Aria let Brent go, allowing him to ruminate on his experience. She used her now free hand to prod Jado's shoulder with just enough pressure to remind him of the strain, but not enough to cause more than minor discomfort, "Nerf's are a furry beast with curly horns and nexu's are fierce toothy felines that'll tear you limb from limb before you can blink. I don't even read the things we're supposed to and I know that."
May 11, 2015 2:25 am
"Jado, stop picking on the wookie! Just because he can grow a beard and you can't!" Brent grins, getting caught up in the joviality of his comrades.
May 11, 2015 10:58 pm
With a grunt, Jado took just enough of a step away from Aria so that she couldn't keep pressure on his shoulder and crossed his arms. Either they didn't know, or they perhaps suspected, but reading still didn't come easily. It wasn't the amnesia, it was the fact that Jado had no education. Survival in the Coruscant under levels didn't permit such things when gangs were happy to sell or abuse you, and subhumans would just eat you. Even that he couldn't quite remember, and had to relearn from a book on his datapad.

"Right, well this is the first trip away from Coruscant that I can remember." His expression blanked as he tried to remember. "I haven't even seen an inhospitable ball of ice like this, before today. Not even before...."

Then he snapped out of it and poked Hrowlf, "As far as I can tell, he is a beard. Besides, you should compare your attempt at a mustache before pointing out my beard," and laughed. There was no need for seriousness after a victory.
May 12, 2015 12:49 am
When Jado pulls away Aria's grin fades quickly, she sensed the brief sadness or grief or regret... She was unsure. The power she had discovered in herself during the trial was new and she did not yet understand it or how to properly control it. She glanced to Master Tyre, her facial expression conveying her lack of understanding of the sensation she was experiencing.

She walked closer to Jado and whispered quietly so that only he would hear, "I apologize if my remark stung." Then, she bumped her shoulder against his, and spoke loud enough for everyone to hear, "So, with that behind us what next? Think you can beat me yet Jado? Maybe your skills are better with a real lightsaber."
Last edited May 12, 2015 12:50 am
May 12, 2015 1:02 pm
"Beard? You little naked things only wish you could have such a majestic flowing mane as me. It's alright to be jealous. I know I would be were I cold and damp like you must surely be. Speaking of which, shouldn't we get back to the ship soon? I hear there's this thing called 'frostbite' and Aria is already looking a little bluer than usual." Hrowlf yowls to the group.
May 12, 2015 2:51 pm
Rolling his eyes at Hrowlf's comment, he picks up his pace. "The fur-ball's right, though, we should get back to the ship. I'd like to start assembling my lightsaber ASAP." Brent looks down at the crystal in his palm, smaller than he thought it would be, before putting it safely away.
May 12, 2015 4:49 pm
Callis absently rubs his nose, attempting to warm up his extremities... "Yeah...Getting back would be nice...If not just for getting out of the weather, but I need to get this data downloaded into the database before the batteries die from the cold....." He trails off...Getting lost in thought and the data on the display and starts to trudge towards the shuttle sitting against the icy back drop of the planet, all the while never looking up from the datapad.
Last edited May 12, 2015 4:51 pm
May 12, 2015 5:12 pm
"Yes, come along padawans, before we all freeze to death. We can all discuss your trials later. For the moment, let's get on boards and see about building your lightsabers." Master Tyre says, cutting off the next quip. She turns and heads up the boarding ramp, past the two clone sentries, and into the cruiser. "If you'll follow me back to the main cargo hold, we can get started while our clone soldiers pilot us back home." She calls out to the group.

OOC: If everyone can roll a force (white) die for the destiny pool.
May 12, 2015 5:50 pm
OOC:

Rolls

Destiny Point

2 White Force Points

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.