Let's talk about stuff here.

May 15, 2015 7:59 pm
Here is a nice thread to discuss things in.
May 16, 2015 12:19 am
Awesome. I'll work up a character this weekend...
May 16, 2015 1:08 pm
BOOM! Two players! Thanks for joining up! I'm looking forward to seeing the characters!
May 16, 2015 1:09 pm
AND A THIRD!! Sweet. Welcome welcome!!!
May 16, 2015 2:16 pm
Thanks for the spot in the game.

I already created and added my character - Polaria Heys, a graceful glaive who exists partially out of phase. She is subtle, somewhat reserved warrior, who excels in speed and grace, rather than strength and endurance. Elusive might be the best word to describe her - in combat, in person and in physical realm too, as she is able to phase through walls.

Polaria is unlikely to be close with any of the other characters in the beginning, but she is earning her keep with her abilities, so it would've been easy for anyone to come across her on a previous assignment or some such.
May 16, 2015 7:54 pm
Csinos Fiú has been submitted. A Charming Jack who Wears a Sheen of Ice, he has lived in White Lake since he was small child and has been a life long friend of Hervan, one of the leaders of the town.

(If the Hervan part won't work for the story, let me know and I'll change that aspect.)
May 16, 2015 8:19 pm
Hello there. Kalsii been submitted. Sorry there no avatars yet, but i will create them soon.
Kalsii is Malvic 9energy vampire) girl which served at Stirthal Thyrn Marrizek forces as interrogator. She is runaway frivolous daughter of Thyrn captain, who hated harsh Thyrn discipline and went wondering. She deny and defy authorities, and she very self-centered person. She is young pretty but grim girl, wearing all black soft leather body suit, have golden ribbons interwoven into her hair and tied to her wrists, and she is Perceptive Jack who Siphons Power. She is mix of things which could be characterized as "menacing intimidating beauty".

She was wandering alone prior to game events.
Quote:
Once she worked as very young and promising interrogator in serve of Stirthal Marrizek. She was daughter of Thyrn commander, who noticed her talent of seeing through lies, intimidating and interrogating people. She does not tell to anyone why she left Stirthal , but she seems to be too independent, frivolous and self-centered to be part of such well-organized, built on very strict hierarchy militia force as Thyrns. She seems to be very mystical and reserved, but that is illusion she try to create. He is very perceptive person who like to learn her victim and its behaviour and its weak spots first, and then strike later.
She have very pretty and innocent child face, she is always grim and hshe have very intence scanning gaze.
She wears black soft leather body suit covering all her gorgeous body, golden satin stripes interwoven into her black hair and tied on her wrists. Such combination of pretty girl face and her outfit and outlook create very unsettling and intimidating feeling.
Last edited May 16, 2015 9:00 pm
May 16, 2015 8:35 pm
I've finalized my character but i think we need Cypher and Oddities rolls now.
Could you please roll my cyphers and oddity? If you ok i can roll myself using extension books (Monte Cook cypher book and oddities book)
Last edited May 16, 2015 8:43 pm
May 16, 2015 9:03 pm
I think we can work connection for Kalsii with Polaria Heys. :
Quote:
Pick one other PC. You believe she can
help you control and understand your abilities,
if you can get her to talk about it.
Perhaps Kalsii met Polaria around White Lake. Being lone person who were seeking for things to do and trying to find herself in wild world around her, she saw or felt something about Polaria and tried to setup some freidnship/companion relationship. that how she also can be connected to the story. We can work on details :)

PS. Kalsii is perceptive energy vampire. But she is also young lady who still seeks for many answers and tries to find her own place in the world.
Last edited May 16, 2015 10:08 pm
May 17, 2015 5:20 am
APPROVED, APPROVED, APPROVED!!!! Here are some Cyphers and Oddities for you all. I've rolled them out of the Core Book to start... If there is anything else you'd like out there about your character go ahead and post it here. I'll be starting another thread to kick this off hopefully tomorrow (pending permission from the kids). Thanks!

Polaria:
CYPHERS:
-Poison (Mind-Controlling)
Level: 8
Internal: Pill, ingestible or injectable liquid
Wearable: Lipstick, false fingertip, ring with needle
Usable: Injector
Effect: Flees in terror for one minute when threatened.

-Warmth Projector
Level: 4
Internal: Subdermal implant
Wearable: Bodysuit, belt
Effect: Keeps the user warm and comfortable in the harshest cold temperatures for 28 hours. During this
time, the user has Armor equal to the cypher level that protects against cold damage.

ODDITY: Cup that instantly boils any liquid poured into it

Csinos:
CYPHERS
-Teleporter (Bounder)
Level: 4
Wearable: Belt, wristband, ring, full bodysuit
Usable: Complex device, handheld device
Effect: User teleports up to 100 × the cypher level in feet to a location he can see. He arrives safely with his
possessions but cannot take anything else with him.

-Poison (Mind-Disrupting)
Level: 5
Internal: Pill, ingestible or injectable liquid
Wearable: Lipstick, false fingertip, ring with needle
Effect: The victim suffers Intellect damage equal to the cypher’s level and cannot take actions for a number of
rounds equal to the cypher’s level.

ODDITY:Small coin pouch that holds twice as much as it appears it should

Kalsii:
CYPHERS:
-Magnetic Attack Drill
Level: 3
Usable: Small sphere with a thick screw protrusion
Effect: The user throws this cypher at a target within short range, and it drills into the target for one round,
inflicting damage equal to the cypher level. If the target is made of metal or wearing metal (such as armor),
the difficulty of the attack is decreased by one step.

-X-Ray Viewer
Level: 7
Usable: Glass panel
Effect: When held up against a solid surface, this panel allows the user to see through up to 2 feet (0.6 m) of material.
The panel works only if the cypher’s level is higher than the material’s level. The effect lasts for one minute.

ODDITY:Comb that glows when used
May 17, 2015 5:22 am
szemely says:
Csinos Fiú has been submitted. A Charming Jack who Wears a Sheen of Ice, he has lived in White Lake since he was small child and has been a life long friend of Hervan, one of the leaders of the town.

(If the Hervan part won't work for the story, let me know and I'll change that aspect.)
Works great for the story. :)
May 17, 2015 7:37 am
BlackStork says:
Perhaps Kalsii met Polaria around White Lake. Being lone person who were seeking for things to do and trying to find herself in wild world around her, she saw or felt something about Polaria and tried to setup some freidnship/companion relationship. that how she also can be connected to the story. We can work on details :)

PS. Kalsii is perceptive energy vampire. But she is also young lady who still seeks for many answers and tries to find her own place in the world.
That sounds good to me.

When Kalsii met Polaria for the first time, she wasn't completely in control of her phasing abilities and would use them erratically and sometimes accidentally. Being Perceptive, Kalsii probably realised quickly, that Polaria did not quite know how to handle her unusual abilities and was mostly avoiding them, instead of trying to understand them. This trait still somewhat lingers, but being in contact with someone else who can interact with the world in an unusual manner has clearly made Polaria more comfortable with her phasing.

Similarly, Kalsii probably realised quickly that Polaria's distant demeanour is not because of disregard towards other people, but because she does not quite believe that she could have anything to other people in a social context. Thus she has been rather thankful of contact with Kalsii, and has fallen into sort of a companion role comfortably, without being bothered much by Kalsii's self-centered personality.
Last edited May 17, 2015 2:22 pm
May 17, 2015 7:44 am
Polaria has arrived to White Lake relatively recently, perhaps couple months ago, stating no obvious purpose. She is still very much an outsider in the community, someone who observes, but does not really participate. The only time she has gotten involved has been when she has helped solve a more dangerous problem or two around the town. This has also made the locals aware of her skills. Most have probably expected her to wander on any day, but for now, she is still around.
Last edited May 17, 2015 10:17 am
May 17, 2015 7:45 am
Just to make sure there are no misunderstandings: Polaria has a suit of medium armour, but by default, she does not wear it. I'll note it separate if she puts it on.

BTW, this is my first game at Gamers Plane, so if I fail to do something that is expected or use the platform correctly, please let me know.
Last edited May 17, 2015 7:47 am
May 17, 2015 9:02 am
Sounds great.

Kalsii is the newest person of the community, she just arrived, and she connected with Polaria first because of personal reasons and because she been "an outsider" like her initiailly and behaved so. After initial contact Kalsii felt and saw much more things about Polaria and felt that seeing such things and talking to Polaria could help to understand herself better as well.

Kalsii can be harsh and grim, and positive social interactions is something she have inability for. She used to get things she need with her perception, intimidation, and her abilities. She have plethora of internal personality issues and is still young and developing personality.

As being energy vampire she does not control her abilities fully and is bit addicted to siphoning energy from different devices and numenera. She been often in very exhausted state during long trip from Malevich, but siphoning energy from different devices and numenera is what saved her few times and provided with big energy and power source. She seeks numenera as life energy source as it is the way to be something more than normal human person.
Last edited May 17, 2015 9:03 am
May 18, 2015 12:42 am
Ok. First post is up on the "AND AWAY WE GO" thread. We can still discuss anything that might come up on this one here. I'm excited and looking forward to see how this goes. I hope you all enjoy!
May 29, 2015 2:02 pm
Just a heads up. The last business day of the month is like walking through a living nightmare at work, so I may not get to posting today. If I can get out of here at a decent hour I will certainly post, but I just wanted to communicate that I may not happen. Sorry!! :(

John
May 29, 2015 6:11 pm
The only real option you have in this circumstance is to quit your job. :-)
Jun 1, 2015 2:42 am
HA! Oh man how I wish for that option. My weekend blew up on me between kid parties and yard work waste of time garbage. I'll be back at it tomorrow. So look for the next post. I'm sorry again for the delay. I hope you all are enjoying it so far. I know I am. :). Things could get hairy coming up so I'm interested to see where you all take things. TOMORROW!!
Jun 29, 2015 4:47 am
Sorry all. Death in family. I'm going to try and get a post out tomorrow as I'm chained to my desk most of the day. :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.