A sneak peak to prove I've been working on stuff!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 4, 2017 6:15 pm
As I've apologize multiple times, things have been quiet on the development front. A lot of stuff has been happening, between the tool I'm building for cons like AcadeCon to help organize, a new job, some other code-y/learn-y stuff, and of course, Gamers' Plane v2.

So I just wanted to make a short post to keep you guys up to date, and to show off, just a touch. If you go to http://v2.gamersplane.com, you can try out the new dice roller I've developed for the upgraded site. Hopefully you'll also see that things work a bit smoother as well. When you hit that link, you'll get a blank page; this is on purpose, that will become the landing page! However, if you click on "Tools" in the top menu and select dice, you'll see something nearly identical to the current dice tool, but something that hopefully works a bit better. Additionally, it has one BIG upgraded feature: dice math! You can now do something like '4d4 + 2d6' and it'll compute that! Additionally, it supports adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division. Order of operations may not be the best though...

Quick edit: Bah, Feng Shui dice seem broken... but not a big deal, in comparison to everything else I think. The big thing is the basic dice math!

This is just a small portion of what I've been working on, but everything else is disabled on the test site. More will come, and I'll let you guys keep playing with new features, so you can give me feedback, bug reports, etc. Right now, if you tell me something other than Tools > Dice doesn't work, trust me, I won't be paying attention to you for a long time :p

So have fun with that, and remember, with GenCon around the corner, if you'll be there too, let's meet up! My schedule is up.
Aug 4, 2017 6:54 pm
Shiny, new toys! Thanks Keleth. Good stuff!
Aug 4, 2017 7:25 pm
I might have found the first glitch. My phone automatically capitalizes the first letter. Entering d20 works but D20 does not
Aug 4, 2017 7:30 pm
Great point. Yes, I only set it up for lowercase 'd', but that's an easy fix.

Fixed
Aug 4, 2017 10:15 pm
Hi mate, the Star Wars dice roller still isn't calculating the correct net of success and failures when Triumph and Despairs are part of the result
Aug 4, 2017 10:24 pm
mcneils5 says:
Hi mate, the Star Wars dice roller still isn't calculating the correct net of success and failures when Triumph and Despairs are part of the result
Yah, this is part of the current roller too; there's been some back and forth on this one, and I'll be thinking of a solution.
Aug 4, 2017 10:47 pm
Keleth says:
mcneils5 says:
Yah, this is part of the current roller too; there's been some back and forth on this one, and I'll be thinking of a solution.
Dunno if this is even feasible or not but could you add a Success 'symbol' on the Triumph 'side' of the Proficiency die type and a Failure on the Challenge ones?
Aug 4, 2017 10:52 pm
mcneils5 says:
Keleth says:
mcneils5 says:
Dunno if this is even feasible or not but could you add a Success 'symbol' on the Triumph 'side' of the Proficiency die type and a Failure on the Challenge ones?
I can, but I don't think it's the right solution. Instead, I'm thinking maybe on the totals I'll just add the extra success/failure there, maybe with a small triumph/despair symbol?
Aug 4, 2017 10:57 pm
Yeah that'd probably work better
Aug 5, 2017 2:37 am
Hmm, dice math seems promising.
I'd like to see the option to set some dice option for custom games which have special ways of rolling dice, like exploding dice on either the highest or lowest result (depending on the system), and other stuff like that.
Aug 5, 2017 2:45 am
kalajel says:
I'd like to see the option to set some dice option for custom games which have special ways of rolling dice, like exploding dice on either the highest or lowest result (depending on the system), and other stuff like that.
The old dice engine wouldn't have allowed that, but the way I've written this one, it's a possibility.
Aug 5, 2017 2:53 am
Yeah the dice math is a very welcome upgrade! Thank you, Keleth! :-D
Aug 5, 2017 6:39 pm
Keleth says:
kalajel says:
The old dice engine wouldn't have allowed that, but the way I've written this one, it's a possibility.
....and perhaps a success threshold for Storyteller System games?

Basically could you just recreate the total functionality of AnyDice :p
Sep 1, 2017 1:38 pm
Looks good! Thanks for the continued work, Keleth.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.