Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Nov 10, 2015 3:37 pm
"Mind if I join? maybe you could talk in my favour in front of the guild."
Nov 10, 2015 3:59 pm
When you arrive at the guild HQ in Praern, you are quickly ushered into a small meeting room where you are asked how your adventuring went. The clerk (the same fellow who signed you up a few weeks ago) seems to only pay half attention to you until you talk treasure or other loot. What do you tell him about?

He is eager to sign Alden up. You are offered 10 guild tokens to buy equipment in town (= to 10gp at weapon, armor and gear shops).
Nov 10, 2015 4:10 pm
"Some stability would be good in my life... what do you say friends?..." says while looking at the group "...mind if I join you in more adventures?"
Nov 10, 2015 4:18 pm
"You could put those guilder tokens towards a new LONG BOW!" the clerk smiles "Aid your friends with more power and range!"
Nov 10, 2015 4:52 pm
"Ah yes, the tithe. Well, let's see, we found some tobacco, a pipe with initials on them... Oh Bart, we completely forgot to ask Atarin if this was his pipe! Hum, some blue cultist robes with fish-men gloves and masks, a flute, about 90 or so gold pieces, and Bart's new magical sword. I assume this tithe will not include money we were paid for service rendered and was only for found treasures? And yes Alden, we don't mind if you continue adventuring with us, in fact we'd be pleased as we will surely need your skills in our missions."
Last edited November 10, 2015 4:52 pm
Nov 10, 2015 5:09 pm
The clerk's face gets longer with each mundane piece of junk that Esteber mentions. Then at word of 90gp.

"That makes 9gp plus one tenth of your weekly pay equates to 12 gp in total for your party's contribution to the guild. Is this all you have to declare? He asks, his eyes fall upon the beautifully inscribed hilt of Gertrude II sticking up behind Bart's back.
Nov 10, 2015 6:47 pm
"Sure, the pipe, and don't forget the tobacco bag..." "Your attention mr clerck, may I call you mr clerck? I'm interested in joining the guild, care to explain that work contract to me?"
Nov 10, 2015 7:47 pm
Esteber will pay his 4 GP right away.
Nov 10, 2015 8:03 pm
"Of course, sir archer..." the clerk says, still looking at Bart's sword. "The Adventurer's Guild supports you, the adventurer, by providing a voice of protection against any unwanted attention from the representatives of trade hailing from Vestrach and Ironhall. It sets you apart from common rabble, proving (via this arm band or pendant) that you are not a criminal, but an adventurer seeking glory, fortune and fame through thwarting the plans of evil men and creatures throughout the Freelands! All that the guild asks in return is a paltry 10% of your treasures, fees, payments or rewards Payable here in Praern or most any major city.

He grabs a scroll from a shelf and it appears to be a contract for you to sign. He also produces a pendant from a drawer.
Nov 10, 2015 8:38 pm
"So you mean I will be considered an adventurer instead of a criminal and that all my spoils will be completely legal as long as they are taken away from an evildoer?"
Nov 13, 2015 11:27 am
"My son, I won't delve into semantics or ethics... that is for your conscience to debate. I think you know what I mean. You act as a point of light in an otherwise dark world. And...give us 10%" he holds out the paperwork expectantly.
Nov 13, 2015 12:58 pm
"I like how it sounds. Count me in" says Alden swiftly signing the contract with smile and a mind full of ideas.
Nov 13, 2015 1:22 pm
You are given your Adventurer's Guild dog tag/bracelet and 10 guild tokens. "Redeemable in local shops for gear, same as gold"
Nov 13, 2015 4:04 pm
His tithe paid and having given Gertrude 1.0 back to Bart, Esteber will go buy some more equipment.
Nov 13, 2015 4:15 pm
"Aye, I found me this new Gertrude and 108 GP with our pay." Bart will count out 21 GP (to pay back his guild coins) , and look expectantly at what sort of valuation the guild man might apply to Gertrude.
Nov 13, 2015 4:15 pm
No need to RP shopping. Assume book prices. Let me know when you are ready for Chapter Two

EXP AWARD
+50 Rescuing Atarin/Completing the Adventure
+10 Putting Lord Apperson to rest
Nov 13, 2015 4:48 pm
OOC: to sell something it's half book price?
Nov 13, 2015 5:15 pm
Ready when you are :)
Nov 13, 2015 11:26 pm
Esteber will be done with his purchase, having replaced his short sword for a broad sword, his wooden shield for a metal one, and his leather armor for some chainmail. He bought a metal helmet and some leather vambraces and greaves to complete his armor, refilled in daily rations, bought some perfume, rope, a tent, healing herbs, some bandages and weapon pastes, and some magic potions.
Last edited November 13, 2015 11:28 pm
load next

Thread locked