Character Creation

load previous
Nov 1, 2017 4:36 pm
mcneils5 says:
jkl123 says:
My apologies. I meant to ask how was your experience with the feature, not about. The feature (and the subclass, to a point) relies heavily on fiat and I am considering trying it out.
Erm, I've not had a massive amount of experience with it to be honest....I can't see too many issues with it but once you've used the feature it's really your call as to whether you want to risk casting anymore spells or not. Basically I see it as the price you pay for using that ability.
Tides of Chaos should only be used in friendly games. If a group is much too serious the randomness of it can screw with story and battles. Since this is most likely a friendly game I say use it. It is hilarious what happens sometimes.
Nov 1, 2017 5:42 pm
haha random magic effects :) sure im down
Nov 1, 2017 7:05 pm
DM_Apexwolf says:
mcneils5 says:
jkl123 says:
My apologies. I meant to ask how was your experience with the feature, not about. The feature (and the subclass, to a point) relies heavily on fiat and I am considering trying it out.
Erm, I've not had a massive amount of experience with it to be honest....I can't see too many issues with it but once you've used the feature it's really your call as to whether you want to risk casting anymore spells or not. Basically I see it as the price you pay for using that ability.
Tides of Chaos should only be used in friendly games. If a group is much too serious the randomness of it can screw with story and battles. Since this is most likely a friendly game I say use it. It is hilarious what happens sometimes.
To be honest I'll probably be using my gm veto against anything on there that will result in a TPK (I'm looking at you Fireball!) or that will really screw over a 1st level party....at least to start with ;-)
Nov 2, 2017 5:33 am
Alright, I think I'll change direction a lot for my character. Maybe a gnome wizard from Whitestone. I still have been able to play the wizard I always wanted to play.
Nov 2, 2017 11:12 pm
Sumbitted YipYap, will write his backstory in the weekend :)
Nov 2, 2017 11:32 pm
Submitted my Halfling Sorc. I tacked in some questions here and there but we'll prolly cross that bridge when we get there.
Nov 3, 2017 1:35 pm
So this is what we’ve got so far:

Gaz- YipYap, Goblin Fighter
Moof- Xanaphia, High Elf Rogue
Cancerman- Esperaillea, Forest Gnome Ranger
DM-Apex- Leolannan, Rock Gnome Wizard
JK- "Bobby", Halfling Sorceror
Valcos- Bronze, Tabaxi Monk

Basically, we’re a diverse group of mostly short folks. ;)
Last edited November 5, 2017 10:14 pm
Nov 3, 2017 3:30 pm
If Valcos also goes short, we can have a "Madeline" procession in two straight lines.
Nov 3, 2017 10:07 pm
Alright I think I'm good. Would Lore Master be an acceptable UA for the wizard?
I liked to inrtoduce Gnome
Wizard
Last edited November 3, 2017 10:25 pm
Nov 3, 2017 10:24 pm
DM_Apexwolf says:
Alright I think I'm good. Would Lore Master be an acceptable UA for the wizard?
I liked to inrtoduce Panabar Rockgrin
That's no problem at all. Looks like we're nearly good to go, will leave it a day or two for Valco's to sort their character and then we'll make a start :)
Nov 3, 2017 11:17 pm
yeah will wrtie my total backstory and char intro on saturday
Nov 4, 2017 3:11 pm
Hey! Sorry, rolling up my character now. Was about to use real dice then realized it's too much work to verify my rolls. Rolling here lol.

Edit: lol that starting gold. 1 1 1 1 1!
Last edited November 5, 2017 7:56 pm

Rolls

Ability Scores - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (4631) = 14

4d6 : (5432) = 14

4d6 : (5511) = 12

4d6 : (1231) = 7

4d6 : (5633) = 17

4d6 : (3452) = 14

Tabaxi Obsession & Quirk - (1d8, 1d10)

1d8 : (4) = 4

1d10 : (9) = 9

Sage Researcher - Personality Trait, Ideal, Bond, Flaw - (1d8, 1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

1d8 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (4) = 4

Trinket - (1d100)

(75) = 75

Starting Wealth - Monk - (5d4)

(11111) = 5

Nov 4, 2017 3:15 pm
As I've said before mate if you aren't happy with your rolls you can use the standard array method instead
Nov 4, 2017 3:41 pm
Yeah, gonna take the standard here. I want to play a Tabaxi Monk, if that's okay?

Edit:

Okay, submitted my character. When I have access to a computer, I'll fill out the backstory and other details. Let me know if there is any issues.
Last edited November 4, 2017 9:57 pm
Nov 4, 2017 10:31 pm
Valcos says:
Yeah, gonna take the standard here. I want to play a Tabaxi Monk, if that's okay?

Edit:

Okay, submitted my character. When I have access to a computer, I'll fill out the backstory and other details. Let me know if there is any issues.
Yeah all looks good. Only thing I'd say with a Tabaxi is there needs to be a reason why they're here as they aren't common around Stilben (Tabaxi seem to be local to The Rifenmist Peninsula) but I'll leave that to you.

Now we have a full roster I'll look to get things kicked off early next week. I would look to do it sooner but I've got a couple of job interviews on Monday so I kindof need to focus on prep for them tomorrow.
Nov 4, 2017 11:08 pm
Good luck on the interviews!
Nov 5, 2017 5:17 am
Good luck, eh!
Nov 5, 2017 2:45 pm
ok here is the story of YipYap

The story of YipYap

The story YipYap is one of terror, madness, Pain and well most of it was caused by YipYap

YipYap is the smaller brother of YipYip the second, and son if YipYip Leader of Clan YipYip.
Clan YipYip was living near stillben, just enjoying life, raiding, hunting and well just doing gobo things, however the Conclave attack made people nervous,trying to please the dragons they wanted to bring more exotic gifts, the more exotic the better.
SO a couple of mages trapped clan YipYip used their magics to subdeu them and well they started to experiment on them
YipYap saw his brother disapear as a crazed mage used some sort of weird spell, The mage in charge of YipYap didnt use magic to experiment but used chemicals.
The mage used different kinds of chemicals, causing burn wounds, YipYap felt that the chemicals he was forced to swallow change his mind, sometimes enhancing the pain sometimes numbing it.
The mage, who actially used magic to heal YipYap used tools to cut out pieces of flesh and implant chemicals and weird powders underneath his skin, healing it on to of it and then seeing the effect.

These practices have been going on for a couple of weeks, YipYap has changed of the periode, his skin color changed, chemical burns are on his face, Hair color changed but most of all his mind is what changed the most, He now doesnt mind being experimented on.
He looks forward to it, nog because he likes it but because he is facinated about it. He try's to learn more and more of what the mage used, he especially is enthraled by a black powder he uses, wich flashed and almost exploded when it touches fire.
After weeks of this torture the mages suddenly stoped grabbing goblins and well left, Leaving Clan YipYip broken, dazed and vunrable.

Clan YipYip returns broken to stillben they made an treaty with the people there, they will help stillben with defence, scavaging and becoming a part of society, since a lot of the goblins had peremanent brain damage, having them zone out at random times.
Some goblins got magical powers but they were unstable but harmless, and they used it for entertainment

However YipYap was different, he contineus the research of the mage that did it to him, using some of the leftover supply's often asking for volenteers.
His Father YipYip the first, thought it might be a good idea to send YipYap to adventure because well the last experiment he did, almost blew up their home.

So YipYap set out to adventure, looking for the mage that tortured him, not know if he wants to get revenge or contineu his research,however life would be difficult for this goblin.
Having blue skin with black spots, Ice white hair and well only half a mustache and burn marks on his face, people would not likley trust him, be he would try, and will he triomph, time will tell.
Nov 5, 2017 5:50 pm
Very strange reaction to being torchured. Most would have an adverse reaction to the powder after it caused undue harm. Goblin's are a fasinating spieces.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.