Happy 4th Anniversary to Gamers' Plane!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 1, 2017 3:57 pm
Today marks 4 years since I put Gamers' Plane live (sort of, many of you know the site has a complicated launch history :p)! The site is still going strong, albeit this having been a very quite year of development. Many of you know I haven't been having the smoothest time IRL, and thanks for sticking with me and the site, though at this point, I think it's more than fair to say its more your site than mine (probably was fair to say that last year, maybe even year before). I am working on some major overhauls based on a lot of feedback, and I hope to have stuff to show soon; it's been a bit slowed down as I've been working on other projects (some of you may be familiar with Lawful Good Gaming and Roll4Change), as well as the fact that I'm a meh designer, which makes stuff slow down.

So all that said, thank you all so much for an amazing year, including
- 827 new members
- 380 games started (some test games, so the number is lower)
- 2457 new characters created
- 152,992 posts across 3206 threads

The site is going strong, and I hope it continues to grow.

Unfortunately, I don't have a contest for you guys this year; I'll chalk it up to RL, but I'll still try to see if I can't throw something small together as a thank you.

As always, if you're liking your time here and would like to help me out, here are various things you can do more actively to assist. And remember that just being an active member of this site is plenty.
Dec 1, 2017 4:01 pm
While there's no contest I think is important to point out the prize. A place to game and try new systems we don't have time to start by other means. So thanks for four years of hard work man, Congrats.
Dec 1, 2017 4:04 pm
Woot! Happy 4th and thank you Keleth for the hard work! Super glad to be a part of this community. The community itself is enough of a prize, so not having a contest is cool with me :)
Dec 1, 2017 4:50 pm
I'm just super-thankful for this site and the hard work put into it. Seriously, I don't think I say it enough, but I am grateful and appreciative, both for Gamers Plane and the community.

Len

Dec 1, 2017 4:52 pm
Huge thanks to you, Keleth! What you give to this community is so much of a prize already. There are hundreds of games and friendships that are happening every day because of your selfless work.
Dec 1, 2017 4:53 pm
Sooo grateful to you, Keleth, and the GP Community at large for creating a place that has proved the PBP medium can be more than I ever thought possible.
Dec 1, 2017 5:05 pm
As I forgot to link it earlier, if anyone wants to take a more active role in GP, I threw up the thread on roles you can fill to help the site out.
Dec 1, 2017 5:45 pm
Wow, grats to Keleth and to all those who make GP a success!
Dec 1, 2017 10:54 pm
Thanks Keleth, and Happy Anniversary GP!!
Dec 2, 2017 1:07 am
Happy 4th anniversary GP! may you have many more to come!
Dec 2, 2017 2:18 am
I appreciate the fact that this site exists. I get play games, and that's my prize. Thanks for keeping the site up and going Keleth.
Dec 2, 2017 3:08 am
Four years is a long time to keep a project going. I'm glad it's still around and kicking! (Even though I've been a sporadic user...)

I'll be sure and check out the Assist thread.
Dec 2, 2017 3:10 am
So, unexpected, but Dog Might has donated 4 dragon sheaths! I'm considering how to setup the prizes. I know there was some interest in a Holiday Gift Exchange, but given GP has members around the world and shipping is expensive (specially internationally), I'm not positive it's the best move. If there was sufficient interest, I'm thinking maybe 2 given away to GP members, 1 in a public contest (which GP members would be eligible for), and a final one included into the Gift Exchange?
Dec 2, 2017 8:30 pm
Woot! Here's to many more years. I found GP about a year and a half ago and it really was one of the key things that brought me back to this hobby I love. Thank you, Ro, for putting this thing together and keeping it going despite some choppy waters IRL and thanks to this whole community for helping this place grow.
Dec 3, 2017 12:11 am
Happy 4th GP, here's to four more years!

@Keleth, Is there a way I can donate something to add to this giveaway?
Dec 3, 2017 12:30 am
Happy 4th! And thank you!
Dec 3, 2017 3:04 am
HypCo says:
@Keleth, Is there a way I can donate something to add to this giveaway?
Sure, shoot me a PM or email and we can talk!
Nov 20, 2018 12:36 am
Almost your big 5 year!
Nov 20, 2018 1:59 am
Congrats Keleth. You’ve built an awesome place here and here’s to the next four and beyond
Nov 20, 2018 2:03 am
Happy 4th anniversary. I echo everyone's sentiment that we are grateful for this is a great community and site!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.