World of Darkness: Dark Ages

Jul 7, 2015 4:07 am
Has anyone played the Dark Ages setting for WoD? I completely missed it when it was in print and curious what other peoples thoughts are on it. I'm kind of married to the fantasy setting, but I always thought the concepts in WoD were really cool and well put together.
Jul 7, 2015 4:08 am
I never played Dark Ages, only the Masquerade
Jul 7, 2015 6:36 am
I played a bit of Werewolf: The Dark Ages but I played way more Wild West and Apocalypse. It's all essentially the same though.
Jul 7, 2015 2:23 pm
I've been involved in the creation of Dark Ages campaigns, but they always fell apart for various reasons. It has been years since I thought about Old World of Darkness. I like the 'modern' setting and rules, and the Dark Ages just rolls the clock back and moves the action to Europe. Some powers change, but not many. The skill list is different, but again, its about the setting so the changes make sense. Overall, its a good game, and the Dark Ages makes for an interesting backdrop.
Jul 7, 2015 7:31 pm
Thanks guys. I'm going to see if I can find copies though I get the feeling the setting wasn't wildly popular.
Jul 8, 2015 4:41 pm
I thought you were marrying me!! You didn't tell me you were already married! And to Fantasy Settings of all things. I had better go find myself a different blob I guess. :D
Jul 8, 2015 11:45 pm
Hmm...well that's kind of awkward :P

But in all seriousness you are my Fantasy, Dove. Time to renew my vows!
That is of course if you aren't actually tired of this starry eyed blob of ink?
Jul 9, 2015 1:26 am
We're playing Vampire Dark Ages now, but using the rules for fantasy. So no vampires, some low magic, some vampiric disciplines re-purposed as combat 'feats'. Parallel plot to the main plot in the Belgariad by David Eddings.
Jul 9, 2015 3:21 am
Qralloq says:
We're playing Vampire Dark Ages now, but using the rules for fantasy. So no vampires, some low magic, some vampiric disciplines re-purposed as combat 'feats'. Parallel plot to the main plot in the Belgariad by David Eddings.
Ok now I'm super jealous...That's the face to face game your wife is running right?
Last edited July 9, 2015 3:21 am
Apr 11, 2020 2:53 am
Anyone still wanna do something from White Wolf?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.