Phase Trio [Harbinger]

Jul 22, 2015 3:39 pm
These were the first steps he'd taken in months. No more hospital beds. No more meds. His hair had already started growing back from the chemo therapy, although it was a dark purple now. The wind whipped around him as he stood on the rocks overlooking the lake. The water stretched infinitely in front of him, just as his life now did. He had stared into that void beyond life, now he had to look away. The greatest question he had ever faced stood before him, "Now what?" He whispered to himself on that lonely island. His answer came when a loud bang ripped through Fuller City. It took him almost an hour to make his way downtown, yet the sonic booms hadn't stopped. Boombox they were calling him on the news. He blazed a trail of destruction crisscrossing Uptown, screaming something about a new revolution against the hierarchy. The only thing that mattered is that he was hurting people and the cops couldn't stop him. Izaac Cain heard them then. The Voices. Most of them were pleas to higher powers from bystanders, despair from officers, and the subtle doubt of a man destroying everything he was taught to hate. It was over in an instant: a flash, a glow, a single strike to the head, and Boombox was needing some new batteries. After that, the cops were searching the city for superhuman recruits to combat new threats. Izaac didn't even have to sign up. (Aspect: Poster Boy)
Last edited July 22, 2015 3:40 pm
Jul 22, 2015 4:41 pm
Despite his new powers, it was just another day at the office for Dave. A demanding client, the owner of a boutique offering bespoke occult jewelery - just the right stones and just the right sort of gold for your aura. It was almost a relief when the sonic booms Dave had been hearing outside got intolerable, and the people started screaming. Before he really knew what he was doing, he was out through the door (the door never opened), and into the street to see Boombox coming, on his rampage of revolutionary destruction. A few second after that, Boombox was lying on the ground with a purple-haired man over him. It made Dave consider what he was doing with his powers, servicing the computer systems of wannabe witches.

Aspect: Harbinger's a real superhero. (The implication being I'm not - can be compelled against me to self-doubt)
Last edited July 22, 2015 4:50 pm
Jul 22, 2015 5:15 pm
That's also good to give yourself a boost off of something Izaac does.
Jul 22, 2015 7:11 pm
He had chased the lumbering speaker box that called himself Boombox all the way into downtown. He couldn't get close enough to lay a hand on him. All he had to do was touch the big dumb animal and he'd be convulsing in the street. Everytime The Warp got close though, the brute would scream at him about the patriarchy or steel beams whatever it was that was on his mind and smack his hands together causing a sonic boom, blowing Warp back a block trying to catch a streetlamp just to avoid ending up on the concrete.

Warp wasn't even half a block away when Harbinger showed up and turned the volume down. The cameras of course were on him and his vibrant hair. Even when they were told I helped, the cameras didn't like what they saw: the homeless mummy Marylin Manson with his crows crapping on everything. In Warps own words later, "Plus wasn't like I was trying to be courteous like for them reporters and all."

Aspect: Not Made for Primetime

Can I change this? Maybe something like Can only Connect through Contact or was I right to keep going on the theme?
Last edited July 22, 2015 9:37 pm
Jul 22, 2015 10:07 pm
You are not beholden to the theme of anyone else's story. If you like the new idea better then by all means. But I want to ask and make sure this will be a character aspect and not a power issue. It could go either way, and be both really, but we want to make sure this is mostly a characteristic of the person and not the powers. I'm seeing this as the Warp having an inability to make human connections, and as an advantage, doesn't get bogged down by e.optional concerns all that often.
Jul 22, 2015 10:45 pm
Right that was what I was going for. Let's just keep it as Not Made for Primetime
Jul 22, 2015 11:47 pm
KennyGardnerIII says:
That's also good to give yourself a boost off of something Izaac does.
Yup, that's the positive side of it. Or I could also support you in being a real superhero.
Last edited July 22, 2015 11:47 pm
Jul 23, 2015 11:43 pm
Actually the more I think about it, the more I like the Can't Connect Except through Physical Contact. It would be tragic if the only way he could connect with others was by touching them. He is above the emotional toil of the world but he has emotions. With no way of making anyone understand how he feels he is an island. What if his victims, after they survive, are changed? They actually do understand him and the broader conciousness. Sorry to be waffling but I'll go with the second with the intent that it is a character aspect and not a power aspect.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.