Rules

Aug 2, 2015 8:17 pm
Here are the rules in English

Note this is a living document that will be updated as I refine the translation

If you find an odd translation or something unclear bring it up here. I will address and edit, then remove the post when resolved.

NEW RACE UNLOCKED - THE HUMAVARI

By supporting the creator of DS (I gave 2 euros to a tip jar, lol) I unlocked a 4th race, the Humavari
Aug 3, 2015 5:02 pm
Collected edits
- Aggressive: +1 to all attacks, but can’t surrender, retreat or stop fighting w/o a MND + IN check.
- Re-translated Mental blocker - this is basically Mind Immunity from DS.
- Cleaned up Training Talents lists
- Fixed Talent Key
- Fixed the GA to OD
- "-1 PRO" I changed to -1 PER
- PW changed to CTN
- Have added the Class and Trait requirements for each talent below the talent's name. The items in parenthesis are if they can be used with Zero-G and / or the typical bonus one gets per rank to whatever it is the talent does
- Have translated all of the rules as they exist now. Only a few minor points to further clean up. In the doc, red text means I'm still cleaning up the translation.
- Borgoz claws count as unarmed in terms of martial artist talent.
- Overload is an optional fire mode for laser weapons.
- Overload weapons must be fired the round after the overload charge. An alternate weapon could be fired if the overload weapon is one handed (i.e. pistol) and the person is holding another one handed weapon in his other hand.
Aug 16, 2015 1:36 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Wasn't clear for me (duh) XD So in normal mode a laser weapon needs no charging and cooldown? Also, what's the deal with battery belts and ammo belts? I know they speed up reloading but what is the situation without this gear?

What does it take for Hotwire to modify a weapon? Time? Credits? Materials & components? I want to mod everyone's weapons!

In addition to my questions above re ammo and weapon mods, what's this "5 STA scanner" in the description for HUD Visor? Does that mean an HUD-equipped Helmet comes with an STA? What's the 5 for?
OK, sober and getting to all these:

1. Yes, normal shots w/ lasers are at the listed WB/OD values and don't require the rounds of up and down. You basically can overload the battery and make the thing -8 OD if you need to.

2. Ammo/Battery Belts - If you roll a fumble - you either jam or are out of ammo (depends on the nature of the attack - was this your first roll of the combat, probably not out of ammo, so we'd rule Jam) Also if you fire sustained fire or overload you are out of ammo afterward. The belts allow you to ignore the first / combat. You've got backup ammo/energy cells. Without these, you'd have to spend a FULL ROUND (no move either) to clear/reload the weapon.

3. Weapon mod rules are coming. RIght now you can buy the weapon upgrades listed.

4. Yes, a STA inside your helm. I have no friggin idea what the 5 is - will query CK.
Aug 16, 2015 3:32 pm
The HUD has room for 5 (all) of the upgrades listed under Hardware Upgrades
Aug 16, 2015 4:15 pm
Dextolen says:
Wow! Wait, which upgrades, exactly? Do you mean Bio, Com, structure, Tec, and Jammer? Not so sure how these work, actually.

Let me get this straight: the HUD has room for all the upgrades but doesn't actually have the upgrades yet until you purchase them? Did I get that right?
Last edited August 16, 2015 4:17 pm
Aug 17, 2015 4:09 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Dextolen says:
Wow! Wait, which upgrades, exactly? Do you mean Bio, Com, structure, Tec, and Jammer? Not so sure how these work, actually.

Let me get this straight: the HUD has room for all the upgrades but doesn't actually have the upgrades yet until you purchase them? Did I get that right?
In addition, it says "STA (Computer and wireless radio)" so I actually don't have to buy a separate radio, do I? Sorry for all the equipment-related questions. It's mainly because it affects my spending and I don't have a lot of credits. Thanks for the answers so far. I think once these STA-related ones are answered I'm settled enough to wing it.
Dextolen says:
Weapon mod rules are coming. Right now you can buy the weapon upgrades listed.
Hmm...that makes my 2 ranks of Weapon Tech useless until those rules come out, which might be a while. I guess I should reassign the TP. I can invest in Weapon Tech later.
Aug 19, 2015 1:50 am
Ok now my equipment questions may be coming into play. How do STA Bio scanners work? Isn't that what one would use to scan for life forms on the station? Might not have the range to be usable from out here before docking with L36 but would definitely come in handy once we've boarded.
Aug 19, 2015 2:29 am
The bio scanner on an STA has a base range of 1m. You can purchase greater range (a straight up bioscanner has a base range of 5m)

The CTN for use is 10
Sep 13, 2015 4:26 am
Is there a limit to how much a character can carry? Are there encumbrance rules in SS?
Sep 13, 2015 12:06 pm
Not really, I'd just try to realistically consider what you are trying to lug around. Certain armor and equipment cause a reduction in Movement Rate
Sep 20, 2015 11:22 pm
Is drawing a weapon always a full action in DS/SS?
Sep 21, 2015 12:51 am
unless you have lightning reflexes talent
Sep 21, 2015 2:01 am
Or are using a Slayer Point.
Sep 21, 2015 4:39 am
Or it's a holdout weapon :-)
Sep 30, 2015 4:55 pm
Is it possible to go sustained fire vs an enemy when an ally is in melee with it? Is there a risk of hitting your ally? What modifiers should be applied to the attack roll?
Sep 30, 2015 5:25 pm
Where StarSlayers is silent. assume DS rules apply. You apply a -1 for each obstacle between you and the enemy, this includes friendlies, inanimate objects, corners, etc. If you miss, you miss. If you fumble, you hit one of the obstacles, determine randomly if more than one, (before jamming/running out of ammo)
Oct 11, 2015 12:56 am
The next patch for Starslayers Stray Dogs edition will include

A new race
A new class
New associated talents
Ship to ship dogfight rules

When I get that translated, I'll allow anyone who wants to make a new character in order to try the new race/class to do so.
Oct 11, 2015 1:00 am
As long as it can still be named Chuck Finley
Dec 4, 2015 11:39 pm
PATCH 1.1

New Race: The Vitari
New Class: The Pilot
New Talents: Mostly related to pilots.

I will update the big spreadsheet of talents later.
Dec 4, 2015 11:41 pm
Now they have a pilot class :). And cat people!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.