GenCon 2018

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 7, 2018 2:11 pm
I'll be at GenCon again this year, though not as media, from Wednesday afternoon/evening through Sunday morning. I still haven't selected events yet (hopefully through today/tomorrow), but I'm always curious if other GP members are going, and if you'd want to meetup. We tried hosting a GP meetup last year, though only one person was available (the site is still pretty small, and our demographic isn't really the con-goer). Still, are you going? Anything you're on the lookout for? Want to hang out at any point, maybe game (if we can get the numbers!) Not going, but hoping to hear news about something? If you're not going and looking to pick up something, in the past I've been glad to do so, assuming you can pay for shipping, and I can carry it out (and if it's not a freebie, you buy it ofc :p).
May 10, 2018 5:51 pm
I'll be going again this year. Trying to split between a few systems I haven't played yet and trying board games. Mostly waiting on the food truck lineup to finalize my daily schedule.
May 10, 2018 5:53 pm
Argh! I wish I was able to go! I have never been to a con and a GP meetup would be the best thing ever
May 10, 2018 5:59 pm
What Naatkinson said! Have fun, guys!
May 11, 2018 2:09 am
Lucky- I've never been to a con either.

Len

May 11, 2018 3:56 am
We should start our own con - Nevergone Con.
May 11, 2018 12:05 pm
I once went to a tiny con, Pure Spec. Mostly a spec fic book convention, but I did manage to play Pathfinder with a Paizo AP writer. And there was a Sith/Jedi parade through the hotel. But not a huge con... Still have to convince the wife we need to do the pilgrimage.
May 11, 2018 12:22 pm
lenpelletier says:
We should start our own con - Nevergone Con.
It's self defeating. You can only attend once, then you've been to a convention, and thus no longer quality to come to this one :p
Qralloq says:
I once went to a tiny con, Pure Spec. Mostly a spec fic book convention, but I did manage to play Pathfinder with a Paizo AP writer. And there was a Sith/Jedi parade through the hotel. But not a huge con... Still have to convince the wife we need to do the pilgrimage.
I like smaller cons. I always recommend AcadeCon as a nice starter small con.
May 14, 2018 6:23 pm
Did you figure out what you'll be checking out at Gen Con? I have a mix of board/card games, RPGs, entertainment events.
May 15, 2018 2:44 am
Remnant says:
Did you figure out what you'll be checking out at Gen Con? I have a mix of board/card games, RPGs, entertainment events.
So far, all RPGs, though I'm running a panel on Saturday at a weird time, so I may do boardgames on Saturday instead.

Len

May 15, 2018 6:22 am
Keleth says:
It's self defeating. You can only attend once, then you've been to a convention, and thus no longer quality to come to this one :p
Touché!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.