Getting FAQs going

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 14, 2014 2:53 pm
So I'm mostly done with the new FAQs section, I need Qs! So as users on the site, do you guys have suggestions for questions that would help new users figure stuff out? If there something you're curious about but don't understand on the site?
Oct 15, 2014 2:11 am
I submitted the few i had via twitter, if i have more i think of i'll post em here tho :)
Oct 15, 2014 11:37 am
What is an "Open" game and a "Closed" game (and a "Public" and a "Private" for that matter).
Oct 21, 2014 7:07 pm
Q: How do I create a character?

Q: I entered a character into the library but I cannot see it, did I do something wrong?

Q: How do I start a game?

Q: How do I make changes to my game's forum?

Q: I don't see my favorite game listed, Can I still play it? How can I get it added to the site?

Q: What are the rules and guidelines for this forum? Do they differ when in game? Who sets the rules for a game forum?

Q: Where can I find information about upcoming features and development status?

Q: Who is staff? How can I tell who is staff? Who can I go to for help / reporting rules violations?

More to come...
Last edited October 21, 2014 7:10 pm
Oct 21, 2014 8:27 pm
Working on the FAQ for Keleth. I am adding the above questions and the answers to them tonight and tomorrow. Please submit your questions here. What gave you trouble when you first joined? What still gives you trouble now? EXP I missed the questions you submitted on twitter can you please post them here?
Jun 16, 2015 8:54 am
Instead of technical Qs what about social/posting Qs for in game. Like "Should I wait for another player if flows better?" "What is posting etiquette in a game?" "When I post is there anything I should make sure to include or omit? e.g. what I see other players doing if they haven't posted yet."
Jun 16, 2015 3:45 pm
Great idea mikelzap! I'll add a new section to the FAQs for that, "How to Play-by-Post". So you presented a few questions here; any others?
Jun 17, 2015 3:18 pm
Here's one I had problem with lately until I remembered how to do it. But it is not obvious and I can see people having problems with that.

Q: How do I set an avatar for my character?

Edit: Oh, another one I had problem with at first until I realized you had to actually be in a game thread for this to work.

Q: How do you make a die roll in a post?
Last edited June 17, 2015 3:21 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.