Stray Dogs Episode I - The Station of Death

load previous
Aug 18, 2015 8:00 pm
OOC: I undersand Saru didn't hear what Kalerik's said. So he continues paying attention at the information S'skaar is collecting.

"I think you are right, no transmissions for 2 weeks looks like something went awfully wrong there. I've heard meteor mining is a really risky bussiness, they never know what they are going to find until they break them, radiation, alien bacteria..."
Aug 18, 2015 8:17 pm
At his console in the command center, Hotwire has tuned out the entire conversation and is listening instead to the Ronin "talk." As ship's engineer every beep, ping and click from the various instrument panels, the hum of the electronics and the subsonic vibration of the ion drives are a language that he understands instinctively.

He chuckles quietly when S'skaar calls Kalerik a "Potted Plant". Those without reptilian tongues find Skal'Az words and names difficult, and "Lizard" is hardly the most original nickname given one of their species. Hereixth T'ayil is glad someone long ago dubbed him "Hotwire."

Now the potted plant has just called the Borgoz an unevolved chimp. Things could get ugly now. He decides to pay attention to the conversation. Thankfully Saru plays it cool. Uncharacteristic of his species. L36 could be trouble. Jorbo sure knows how to pick 'em

"Things could get hairy on this mystery facility. I'm going to go check on our gear. I've also queued a weapons systems diagnostics for as soon as the Ronin comes out of hyperspace."
Last edited August 18, 2015 8:19 pm
Aug 18, 2015 9:22 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
"Things could get hairy on this mystery facility."
Kalerik chuckles and says to himself, "some of us would know about that wouldn't we". He says it to no one in particular, but seems (all of a sudden) very intent on examining and fiddling with his pack of cigars.
He knows he is shooting his mouth off, but he is becoming increasingly nervous as they draw nearer to danger and nearer to leaving the confines of the ship... and space.
Aug 18, 2015 11:22 pm
The ship comes out of light speed and in the distance you can see a small grey speck among the stars. That must be L36. The Ronin's systems indicate you've arrived at your destination. Normally when coming out of hyperspace near a facility of this sort you'd get hailed by the station. This does not occur...

The sublight engines hum to life and the sticks vibrate briefly in Kalerik's hands, indicating he has control.
Aug 19, 2015 12:08 am
"Bring us around Kalerik, I want to have a good look at this station, see if there's any outward damage. Who knows, being attacked by pirates is always a possibility."
Aug 19, 2015 12:34 am
Kalerik takes the Ronin around the station so that the crew can get a closer look. Nothing looks out of order. The external lights are on,

Please make search checks, etc as you wish. There is an occasional port hole but this side is mirrored to reflect solar radiation.

There are no signs of scarring or battle damage.
Aug 19, 2015 3:03 am
S'skaar will make a Search check.

Rolls

S'skaar's Search Check (MND+IN, CTN 12) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Aug 19, 2015 7:25 am
Saru gives Kalerik a death stare "Watch your mouth pansy, you don't want to see me angry." and continues paying attention to the mission.

My poor search check
Last edited August 19, 2015 7:32 am

Rolls

Search TN 4 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Aug 19, 2015 8:15 am
Kalerik, now distracted by their destination, looks up and down hoping to find something.

Rolls

Kalerik Search (CTN: 8) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Aug 19, 2015 10:43 am
Hotwire nods in satisfaction as the ship's systems diagnostics results scroll across his console. He joins the others in a visual survey of the space station.
OOC: Doesn't the Ronin have sensors of some sort for this as well?

Rolls

Search (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Aug 19, 2015 11:44 am
RONIN SCANNER ARRAY

>PASSIVE BIOSCAN.....
>PASSIVE COMMUNICATION SCAN....
>PASSIVE STRUCTURE SCAN....

/// LIFE IS PRESENT ABOARD SHIP. APPROXIMATELY 2 DOZEN SIGNATURES THROUGHOUT THE STATION.
OTHER SCAN ATTEMPTS INCONCLUSIVE///

Rolls

RONIN BIOSCAN - (1d20)

RONIN COMMUNICATION SCAN - (1d20)

RONIN STRUCTURE SCAN - (1d20)

Aug 19, 2015 11:48 am
Everyone carefully studies the exterior of the ship and finds nothing out of the ordinary. One section of the ship must be a greenhouse or hydroponics area but the reflective glass is also covered with lots and lots of condensation, making it impossible to see through at all.
Aug 19, 2015 1:00 pm
Hotwire opens up the comms and tries hailing the station...
Last edited August 19, 2015 1:01 pm
Aug 19, 2015 1:31 pm
Hotwire gets no response....
Aug 19, 2015 1:51 pm
"Okay, I doubt we're going te get any more information flying circles around the station like that... Kalerik, dock the Ronin to the nearest airlock. Grab your gears boys, we're heading in and we have no idea what is waiting for us in there..."

S'skaar will go gather his equipment while Kalerik does his flying...
Aug 19, 2015 2:13 pm
basic diagram

There are two airlocks. "A" and "B". Which would you like to dock at?
Aug 19, 2015 2:58 pm
Kalerik steers the ship toward Airlock A. His nervousness only being countered by the thought of the weight of his pistol and the hum of his Chainsword.

Rolls

Easy Pilot Check (CTN: 8) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Aug 19, 2015 3:03 pm
The Humavari pilot navigates the Ronin to the airlock like a pro. Flicking a switch the Ronin docks with the universal coupler and systems indicate a solid connection.

Hotwire notices nothing new on the comms and no 'chatter' between the ship and the station post docking.
Aug 19, 2015 3:20 pm
"Alright, let's saddle up!" Hotwire makes sure everyone is ready before breaking their side of the seal on the airlock.
Last edited August 19, 2015 3:20 pm
Aug 19, 2015 3:29 pm
"Alright Saru, you go first, I'll be right behind you with my medical supplies and my flashlight if anything goes wrong. Kalerik and Hotwire, cover our rear. Okay, let's move!"
load next

Thread locked