Vampire the Masquerade 5th

Aug 10, 2018 3:16 am
Are there any fans of V5 here? I was in a VtM 20th game over the summer and we just switched over to V5 rules when the pdf came out. I'm impressed by the rules! We made characters and played for a couple hours with the new rules and I really enjoyed them.

I'm a little surprised that there aren't any threads about it here, already.
Aug 10, 2018 3:24 am
Just got the PDF, haven't had time to dive in, aside from seeing some of the broad changes in Disciplines (which I like).
Aug 10, 2018 3:40 am
We play tested the beta rules here over the winter. The playtest adventure wasn't very evocative, but I've been moving the lore in my IRL vampire game toward the 5e sitch. Not sure if I'm interested in switching rulesets, but discussing or playing a full blown game here would be a good start. I love the Hunger mechanic, and I'm pretty okay with the Blood system too.
Aug 10, 2018 9:39 pm
I haven't really dug into the Blood system with the humors and all that. At first blush it seems like it might be a little too complicated to keep the story moving at a good clip. But, Hunger and Rousing the Blood is really cool.

I'd be down for playing a game here.

I was surprised at how much I like the layout and visual style of the book. When I heard the review of the book by Total Party Thrill, the layout and art style didn't sound so good, but I'm enjoying it.
Aug 12, 2018 3:12 pm
I was in the playtest we did and I enjoyed it, I'm curious to look now that it's out. I'm hesitant to learn another system at the moment, but you all know I'm a sucker for Vampire. (I'm so lame)
Aug 16, 2018 3:10 am
Lol. Vampire is a good setting with lots of interesting stories to tell in it.
Aug 16, 2018 3:55 am
Ye Olde Brick and Mortar Shoppe (www.sentrybox.com) says they'll have the core book in the next week or two, so I'll be snatching one if I can get there fast enough.
Oct 6, 2018 4:40 pm
Just found out about Becketts Jyhad Diary, the story set up from V20 to 5th Edition. Now I've got that 561 page monstrosity to read to figure out what I need to know and include in my lore intensive IRL vampire game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.