General Discussion

Sep 12, 2015 1:03 am
Thread for general discussion, OOC questions, comments, concerns, jokes, etc.
Sep 20, 2015 5:16 pm
What sort of technology should we assume for our ranged weapons? Are there guns? Do they replace bows, or do we have futuristic analogs of short bows, slings, and long bows?
Sep 25, 2015 11:47 am
Yes. Haha. There's everything, I'd say. There are some blasters and plasma weaponry, as well as more futuristic bows and crossbows/bowcasters, but on some worlds there is lower actual d&d level technology as well.
So far I've home brewed a plasma pistol as 2d4 acid damage, and a blaster rifle as 3d4 radiant.

Also, this has been very slow going but I'm hoping to get it started up very soon.
Sep 25, 2015 6:43 pm
Would we treat pistols and rifles as crossbows, for the purposes of proficiencies, or do they have their own separate skills?
I'm trying to decide whether it would make sense for the character of Vila to have a ranged weapon, and then determine what his penalties/bonuses would be in using it. He has some bow proficiencies, but that's kind of against my image of the character, who is a hacker/white collar criminal with a bit of burgling capability. He's an Academy professor, after all!

No worries about when the game starts; I've got plenty to keep me busy with the game I'm running!
Sep 27, 2015 7:08 am
I'm fine with bow/crossbow proficiency transferring to pistol/rifle. It makes sense to me! Haha.
Sep 27, 2015 7:34 pm
OK, great. Vila has replaced his hand crossbow proficiency with pistol proficiency. I imagine he carries a small holdout "flash laser" pistol; unless you tell me otherwise, I'll keep the damage as 1d6 (like a short bow).
Sep 28, 2015 5:30 am
1d6 is fine for a small laser pistol, I'd say it's radiant damage probably. The argument could be made for fire damage, but the DMG uses radiant for their hypothetical laser weapons lol
Feb 21, 2016 6:55 pm
I keep having to resist the temptation to offer to run this game in Starhelm's absence.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.