Setting Details

Sep 12, 2015 1:04 am
Here I will be posting some setting details including pictures, cultures, backstory, history, etc.
I'd like this to be a collaborative work so if you'd like to submit any cool ideas for races, planets, cultures, or whatever you can do so here.
Sep 12, 2015 2:39 am
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/11999988_10207163465141090_1584838167_n.jpg?oh=0686763b4bde9d73fad86f83f00c7fc5&oe=55FAE9EF
The captain of the Canterbury Prime is a former soldier droid designated J3F-Shausser, created to fight in the wars between the human Empire of New Titania and the Elven Republic of Miri Bothua. While he excelled among his robotic peers and achieved the rank of captain in the fighting, in time J3F-Shausser rejected his primary programming however, finding that being a pawn in the wars of two powers who cared nothing for him to be distasteful. He abandoned his post and stole the Canterbury Prime to flee the system. Fortunately, as the war came to a climax the Generals of New Titania didn't have the resources to spare chasing him down. While there is still a bounty on his head, the galaxy is a big place, and there are plenty of ways to make a living without attracting the attention of the Empire.
Sep 15, 2015 8:54 pm
Our Ship, the Canterbury Prime:
http://i.gbc.tw/gb_img/8/002/310/2310788.jpg

The Canterbury Prime is a mid-sized frigate originally commissioned by the Empire for use in their war against the Elves.
Now that it has been commandeered by J3F, it is your home. Originally being a military vessel, it had few comforts or commodities beyond the bare necessities, but over the last few years it has been refitted and customized to be a more comfortable home.
On top of functionality rooms (engine room, armory, gunnery bay, small docking port for smaller craft, escape pods, etc) the ship has a small fresher (bathroom), a communal living space with a few couches and a large holoscreen, and a galley/dining area.
Additionally, each of you has your own cabin on board, and you can describe whatever customization your character would have made to that one room and what it's general feel/vibe is here.
Also, if you have any awesome or funny ideas for flavor to any other part of the ship, feel free to make suggestions here.
Sep 17, 2015 3:25 am
In this solar system, while we're dealing with an advanced level of technology and science, magic DOES still exist and functions as it would in a typical D&D setting. The Elves of Miri Bothua were the first to discover that the Weave of Magic was not just tied to their own planet, but actually connects between stars and planets forming a much greater and vaster source than they'd even imagined. While many have devoted their lives to studying and understanding the Weave, there is still much that remains mysterious and unknowable.
Sep 17, 2015 3:37 am
Since nobody has planned on playing as a human magic user yet, as long as nobody IS planning on doing so I'm thinking about saying that in the fiction humans typically can't use arcane magic, but they're very advanced technologically and put the most effort into weaponry and whatnot.
Arcane magic would be more the domain of elves, tieflings, aasimar, etc.
Also I'm deciding that Elves would have more organic ships than technological, although they aren't "anti technology" or completely behind on tech, just that they use magic to grow magical organic living ships, sort of like the rocketship in the comic Saga, if anyone's read that.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.