Facebook

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 22, 2014 10:18 pm
I liked Gamers Plane on Facebook, and noticed there hasn't been any activity there since 2012. If there was something posted there on a weekly or even semi-monthly basis, it could be another outlet to reach more gamers in situations where it is hard to physically game. If this has already been suggested, my bad.
Oct 22, 2014 10:21 pm
Don't ever apologize for suggesting something here! At least as long as you're civil, heh. Unfortunately, I've never been good with social media, only having been Twitter active the last few months. I plan on posting when new games start on Facebook, and when the blog is up, to have more activity there. Right now, I'm not sure what else to post. Suggestions?
Oct 22, 2014 10:37 pm
I would suggest following the Facebook pages for some of the systems you have available on Gamers Plane, then tagging their page in a post on the Gamers Plane page. For example, let's take Numenera. Their Facebook page has over 4,000 likes. When you tag something that someone likes, sometimes Facebook will insert that post into a person's newsfeed. So someone who has liked the Numenera Facebook page might see "Numenera was mentioned in a post" and then have your Gamers Plane post show up, even though they haven't liked your page yet.

Also, you could go onto the Facebook pages of supported systems and make a wall post introducing Gamers Plane and basically advertising the site and maybe throwing in a screenshot of the site supporting that particular system.
Oct 22, 2014 10:40 pm
This is an example of what I was talking about. I like JK Rowling on Facebook, but not MTV. Since MTV was talking about a page I liked, Facebook showed me the post that MTV made.

http://i.imgur.com/B8ucieO.png
Last edited October 22, 2014 10:40 pm
Oct 22, 2014 11:45 pm
The only issue is if they have problems with the idea of "using their material openly on the web without paying for it". Tho if you don't have things like .pdf files of their books available then they can't really be pissed :3

You should get a pr person.
Oct 22, 2014 11:48 pm
Playing the game is using the product whether that live or online. We do not endorse piracy nor do we provide any copyrighted material. We are using their product as intended so I do not see the issue. I am free legally to use a product I purchased as I desire, we are not profiting at all but certainly not off their product. We only offer third party resources such as a place to play, a place to chat, and dice rollers none of which is copyrighted material that they own.
Oct 23, 2014 1:03 am
Im just saying, i know if you were to use published GW material without permission that they do enjoy a nice bitch at you i hear :X

You do not have permission to post in this thread.