Miskatonic University (Out of Character posts)

Sep 15, 2015 8:56 pm
All OOC posts here please.
Sep 15, 2015 10:16 pm
Some rolls for my character:

Steve "Sven" Lidstrom
Born in Stockholm, Sweden, but moved to the US at an early age.
High school math teacher (used the Professor occupation).
Still assigning skill points and such...
Last edited September 15, 2015 10:53 pm

Rolls

STR - (3d6)

(215) = 8

CON - (3d6)

(462) = 12

POW - (3d6)

(333) = 9

DEX - (3d6)

(524) = 11

APP - (3d6)

(354) = 12

SIZ - (2d6+6)

(16) + 6 = 13

INT - (2d6+6)

(62) + 6 = 14

EDU - (3d6+3)

(446) + 3 = 17

Money - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Money (Correctly) - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Sep 15, 2015 11:34 pm
I've always loved the name Sven. And as a high school chemistry teacher myself, I'm liking the education nod!
Sep 16, 2015 12:06 am
And the crowd wonders... who will this person be?

Name: James Legatte

Born: September 9, 1908

James graduated early from high school and was able to get a very good scholarship to college. However, he fell in love with the adventurous life. He became a Constable and spent a year undercover, before going to visit his friend, Rupert. Though he still has the scholarship and plans to go back, when he is done visiting.
He also has an intense fascination with puzzle boxes. Especially ones with pullies and gears. He has a small collection of these from different countries that he brings around with him from place to place.
Last edited September 16, 2015 1:30 pm

Rolls

STR - (3d6)

(155) = 11

CON - (3d6)

(232) = 7

EDU - (3d6)

(345) = 12

DEX - (3d6)

(465) = 15

SIZE - (2d6+6)

(24) + 6 = 12

INT - (2d6+6)

(62) + 6 = 14

POW - (3d6)

(651) = 12

APP - (3d6)

(141) = 6

Money? (I'm following Szme on this one) - (1d10)

(5) = 5

Sep 17, 2015 2:14 am
My character:
Maximilian Swift
Profession: Professor of History at (Miskatonic?) University (or whatever university works best for the game).
Formerly a Military Counter-Intelligence Agent during the Great War, stationed in Cyprus.
He was born in the UK but raised in the US, although during the Great War he served for his Motherland. He has dual citizenship, British and US.

Maximilian is in his 30s and young for his current career, but the university loved the idea of having a Great War veteran officer in the faculty. He does know his history, however.

During his work in Cyprus he tried to recruit spies and tried to snuff out enemy spies, and went on a few missions himself. It was during this time that he acquired some of his numerous scars, both physical and mental.

I generated this the old-fashioned way, by rolling dice, rather than on the site (not sure how to do that). I'm afraid I did not write down my individual dice. But, stats below. I will work on skills in the next day or so.

STR 12

CON 12

SIZ 11

DEX 10

APP 9

SAN 70

INT 12

POW 14

EDU 18

Idea 60

Luck 70

Know 90

DB +0

SAN 70

MP 14

HP 12
Sep 17, 2015 3:06 am
Looking good everyone. The game will start with you in the hospital room of your dying friend, Rupert Merriweather. Consider how exactly you know Rupert and why you came back to Arkham to see him on his death bed. Two of you are playing English characters so perhaps you already know each other back in the UK?
Sep 17, 2015 3:37 am
rocklet says:
My character:
Maximilian Swift
Profession: Professor of History at (Miskatonic?) University (or whatever university works best for the game).
Great idea Arjen!
Rocklet- how about Cambridge? You could have been the History professor for James' first semester. It could have even been your stories of the Great War that convinced James to become a Constable for a year. I like that idea (if you do).
Last edited September 17, 2015 3:38 am
Sep 17, 2015 12:34 pm
teaanddice says:
rocklet says:
My character:
Maximilian Swift
Great idea Arjen!
Rocklet- how about Cambridge? You could have been the History professor for James' first semester. It could have even been your stories of the Great War that convinced James to become a Constable for a year. I like that idea (if you do).
That would fit nicely if Rocklet goes for it.
Sep 18, 2015 12:57 am
Hi, guys,
I would be very happy to have a background teaching at Cambridge University.

Perhaps Maximillian is on sabbatical from Cambridge, doing some research at Miskatonic? I have a soft spot for Miskatonic University and it would be fun to have my character have connections there. That said, sounds great. Let's say James was one of my students at Cambridge. He was quite young (the character is just now 20 years old, right?) so I considered myself something of a mentor.

Arjen: Let's say Rupert and I shared an interest in old folk tales of mer-people and water- or ocean-based religions, and perhaps we taught a seminar together a few years back? I travel between Cambridge and Miskatonic so we kept the friendship going over the last ten years.
Sep 18, 2015 1:16 am
All of this is sounding terrific. I will look to get the introductory post ready in the next day or so and we can get this story started.

Thank you all for the enthusiasm.
Sep 18, 2015 2:57 am
Actually, the day this starts is James' 20th birthday.
I'm going to say that Rupert was a business partner with James' parents. Jame has seen him on and off and only remembers him because he gave James a puzzle box from another country. It's a puzzle James kept and loved, but could never finished. Rupert was one of the main reasons James started collecting puzzle boxes.
Last edited September 18, 2015 2:58 am
Sep 21, 2015 5:53 pm
Hello everyone. I'm looking to get the story started later this evening. Check back for the new thread then.
Sep 22, 2015 1:17 am
Forgot to submit my character. Just an empty sheet for now, I'll fill it out as we go along.
Sep 22, 2015 10:52 am
Okay, looking good. Rocklet, if you would so kindly link your sheet we'll be all set.
Sep 22, 2015 9:56 pm
I'm going under the assumption that Sven has never met the other two.
Sep 23, 2015 12:26 am
That seems appropriate Szemely. Better for the story that way too I would say.
Sep 23, 2015 12:29 am
And how old is Sven roughly?
Sep 23, 2015 12:32 am
45. I'll get his sheet filled out in the next day or so.
Sep 23, 2015 2:05 am
Hi, guys, can you tell me how to make my dialog bold in the game forum?
Arjun, re my character sheet, am posting this in a rush on a tablet and will get my character sheet linked as soon as I can. Sorry about that.
Sep 23, 2015 2:07 am
You can highlight the text and hit the B on the top left of the text area. Alternately you can add the [ b]Text here.[ /b] tags manually (you just have to remove the space between the [ and the b.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.