Game Play: Welcome to White Oak

load previous
Oct 19, 2015 10:55 pm
Hunkering down to recuperate you all come to an agreement on a watch order. Each of you take your turn slowly walking between the two entrances and listening out into the connecting hallways. The two goblins occasionally startle the group as they loudly murmur during their Valrakas induced slumber.

During Vex's watch he hears what sounds like a scolding being handed out coming from the direction that Val had reconnoitered earlier. While not being able to make out what is being said it's obvious that the one doing the scolding is speaking in common and does not sound like a goblin.

Erevior can make out the sounds of the wolves that were passed up earlier. Sounds like they're whining. Probably just hungry...

Other than that the rest is uneventful. As Cyriel's about to wrap up his part of the watch and get the party moving he notices that the two goblins are starting to wake.

"Skinny elf, you let us go now? We take doggies and leave."

Long rest is over.
Oct 21, 2015 12:44 am
Erevior ignores the bound goblins' chatter and looks again at the scratched map that Valrakas made in the dust.
"Everyone ready to see what is behind next door?"
Oct 21, 2015 8:55 pm
Valrakas gags the two goblins with some dirty rags, and picks up the gobo bundle. "Let's be off! We've got fish t' catch an' this chum will be t' bait"
Oct 21, 2015 8:56 pm
Vex stands and stretches, feeling refreshed from his rest, "Let's get to it, we got a child to save!"
Oct 22, 2015 3:23 am
"I'm ready too. I'll try to stay out of the frontline this time, but thanks for letting me rest." Cyriel brushes down his clothes to make sure they aren't contaminated by any goblin filth, then casts prestigitation just to be sure.

"Let's go."
Oct 22, 2015 3:57 am
Erevior heads down the passage to the 'T' intersection. "Which way now, Valrakas?"
Oct 22, 2015 4:36 am
Valrakas leads the group down the long, torch-lit tunnel on the right. Anyone looking back sees that the other opposite way comes to a dead end with a collapsed ceiling. Like all of the other tunnels the group has been through it's obvious that there has been recent work done to increase its height. Eventually they come to another 'T'. In a low voice, the minotaur explains, "Right will take us back to the woods, we go left here." As soon as they turn left the hallway ends at a doorway about 25 feet ahead, and there's another cross tunnel about 10 feet ahead. Valrakas leads them to that intersection: to the right is another cave-in, to the left the hallway goes about 20 feet before it dead ends. All of these hallways are well lit with torches.

At the last intersection: Ten feet ahead is a door, 15 feet to the groups right is the cave-in, and 20 feet to left the hallway dead ends. Valrakas points at the door. "Dead ahead. Beyond, there be gobos. I say kick the door down an' I toss this in." the minotaur hefts the gobo bundle
Oct 22, 2015 7:26 pm
Erevior grins and shrugs. He waits for Valrakas' nod, and then throws open the door and steps aside for the flying goblins to pass.

(Is there a check you want me to make to pull this off?)
Oct 22, 2015 9:19 pm
Vex waits with crossbow leveled to shoot at the first goblin he sees take offensive action. Maybe if they start up and see one of their buddies go down right away they will think twice about fighting! he thinks to himself

Readying action to shoot any goblin that attempts to attack us (assuming I can get a clear shot)

Rolls

Crossbow attack/damage - (1d20+4, 1d8+2)

1d20+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

1d8+2 : (4) + 2 = 6

Oct 22, 2015 9:54 pm
When Erevior throws the door open Valrakas hurls the gobo bundle at the first hostile he sees.

If one of the hoatiles is human then that's the target. Otherwise, yeah, first one he sees. I hope we have surprise here. If we don't have surprise and Valrakas is down at the bottom of initiative then I may change this action depending on the situation.

EDIT: Sigh. These rolls.
Last edited October 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Ranged Attack with improvised weapon - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

Damage - (1d4+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Oct 22, 2015 10:17 pm
Cyriel must have been in such a deep trance that he wasn't aware of this bizarre plan. He watches with interest to see how this unfolds, while remaining alert to any action.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Perception- advantage - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (20) + 3 = 23

1d20+3 : (9) + 3 = 12

Oct 22, 2015 10:34 pm
The door flies open and the tied bundle o' goblin goes flying into the room as Valrakas spots a target. The little creature, small even by goblin standards, darts away from the surprise attack and runs towards the far corner of the room.

There is sudden silence as the rest of the occupants quickly start to realize something odd is happening. One takes a quick glance at the doorway and yells out at the sight of the huge minotaur blocking the entrance. All hell breaks lose as about a dozen of the creatures all run towards far end of the room. A few stop along their way to strike out at the bundle brothers before joining the others.

You're all outside of the room at this point and can no longer see any of the goblins (other than the -ly twins of course), but you can here them whimpering in the far corner.

szemely sent a note to Merlin
Oct 22, 2015 10:48 pm
Cyriel says quickly, "As nasty as goblins are, do we really want to slaughter females and their young?"
Oct 23, 2015 12:56 am
Valrakas stomps into the room. He hadn't realuzed the wee gobos were females and younglings. He squints at them but still can't tell the difference. He shakes his massive head in irritation and bellows, "YARR! Where be this Creld?! An' where be th' human child?! Speak, or I'll stab ye all full o' more holes 'n me cousin's leaky boat!!" He shakes his harpoon at the room threateningly.

Rolls

Intimidation using Strength - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Oct 23, 2015 4:14 pm
Vex walks into the room, keeping an eye out for hostile gobos and humming a jolly tune to himself

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Oct 24, 2015 5:05 pm
Erevior has a nagging suspicion, an uneasiness about all these dead-end corridors...but he steps into the room with the others, looking for other exits.
Oct 24, 2015 6:46 pm
The room is rather large, almost 15 feet by 20, and there is door on the far left wall, just past where all of the goblins are huddling. Along the right wall there are what appears to be cooking utensils; large pots, knives, and the like - and some freshly killed meat of some sort. There are bedding areas spread out here and there in the room.

One of the '-ly' twins yells out what sounds like a command to huddled goblins - two or three of which respond by throwing various items at the bundled pair.

Slowly the largest of the huddled goblins stands up and points to the door on the far left of the room. "Human through there. Door locked, two guards." She pauses for a second, looking for some sort of confirmation that she's being understood, and then continues, "Creld in secret room. You kill him?"

At this point I'm assuming that Cyriel has been keeping Valrakas' harpoon lit with his light cantrip. The room you are currently in has no light sources.
Oct 24, 2015 7:06 pm
Cyriel looks at the goblin who is talking common. It would appear that this Creid is whom they need to find, but he isn't convinced they have to kill everything in their path.

He asks the goblin, "Can you tell us about Creid? Why would you like us to kill him?" When he asks the question he secretly recognizes the goblin didn't exactly say that, but he figures making definitive statements may hurry the conversation along.

Cyriel will touch Valrakas's harpoon anytime he asks nicely.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Oct 24, 2015 7:20 pm
This is a comfortable pattern for Erevior, with Cyriel doing the interview. The elf crosses to the door slowly, his hands free and held in front of him unthreateningly as he circles around the huddle. When he gets there - assuming no hostile action from the goblins - he will listen at the door.

Rolls

Perception check (listen at door) - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Oct 25, 2015 5:17 pm
"If this scallywag Creld has th' child I'll scuttle 'im alright." Valrakas mutters. As Cyriel questions the gobos the minotaur goes back out into the hallway to take one of the wall torches just outside the door. Passing Erevior he remarks, "Ye spy how th' tunnels 'ave been widened? I never would 'ave fit in here elsewise. Strange how thy didn' bother shorin' up these cave-ins though." The minotaur walks up to the nearest cave-in to take a closer look.
Last edited October 25, 2015 5:18 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.