Game Play: Welcome to White Oak

load previous
Sep 26, 2015 9:19 pm
"Well, I don't really like the thought of swimming across there, but I suppose there's not much choice," with that he will pull out some rope and hand it to Val to make sure he (Vex) doesn't get lost on the way over.
Last edited September 26, 2015 9:30 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20-2)

(2) - 2 = 0

Sep 26, 2015 9:28 pm
Ooc: Naat!! Oh shit!! This die roller sucks.
Last edited September 26, 2015 9:29 pm
Sep 26, 2015 9:29 pm
Ooc: this is why I am having Val holdo a rope ;)
Sep 26, 2015 10:27 pm
Erevior: There is a slight current moving left to right from where you are standing. That water is a bit chilly as you enter but the river provides very little challenge and you make it to the far side without any issues.

Vex: You make a less than stellar entrance as you trip while wading into the river. You hit the water hard and take in a full breathe of water. You quickly right yourself and hurry back on shore coughing up water as you do. You’re no worse for wear though.

Cyriel: You’re in a trance while Cecil scouts ahead.

Valrakas: You're holding rope (and most likely laughing at Vex).

szemely sent a note to Merlin
szemely sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
Sep 26, 2015 10:38 pm
Opening his eyes Cyriel (Ooc: not Cyril, thank you very much! ;-)) says, "Nope, not too much to see. The undergrowth is thick but the trail does continue into the woods."

*Here goes nothing...*

Rolls

Swim -1 - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Sep 26, 2015 11:37 pm
OOC: My spell checker/autocorrect really hates all of the names on this place. :-)

As you get to about the half way point you feel yourself drifting a bit with the current.

Let's have another Swim check...
Sep 26, 2015 11:41 pm
(Ooc: this feels like dejavu on another game...)

Starting to drift, Cyriel thinks, *great, not good, I hate swimming...*

Rolls

Swim - (1d20-1)

(15) - 1 = 14

Sep 26, 2015 11:47 pm
I HATE swimming, Vex thinks to himself.

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20-2)

(7) - 2 = 5

Sep 26, 2015 11:50 pm
szemely sent a note to Merlin
Cyriel: Determined to keep yourself from floating all the way back to Deerhaven you suddenly get into a decent swimming stride and make your way across the river - roughly 10' down stream from where Erevior ended up.
Sep 26, 2015 11:54 pm
Vex: A much better entrance into the water this time results in you getting about a third of the way across before you start to sink back down into the water. You struggle to get your head above the surface as you slowly drift down stream.

Another Swim check, please.
Sep 27, 2015 12:00 am
Vex will keep swimming

Note: This is why I gave Val the other side of my rope :)

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20-2)

(15) - 2 = 13

Sep 27, 2015 12:11 am
Vex: You make better headway this time getting closer to the far bank as you drift down a little further. Confident that Valrakas won't let any real harm come to you should things go wrong you make a final push to the fair side.

One final roll...
Sep 27, 2015 12:12 am
Final push...

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20-2)

(12) - 2 = 10

Sep 27, 2015 12:20 am
Vex: As you struggle onto the far bank your knees can barely support your weight and you fall to ground exhausted. You're roughly 10' downstream from Cyriel and 20' from Erevior.

You will be feeling the effects of exhaustion for the next hour (disadvantage on ability checks).
Sep 27, 2015 1:11 am
Valrakas' laughter booms across the water as Vex and Cyriel struggle in the water, but eventually real concern for their safety, particularly the gnome's, overcomes him. He goes into the water when it looks like Vex is in some real trouble but to his relief he sees both the determined gnome and the elf make it to shore. Moments later the minotaur himself strides onto the far bank. After checking to see if Vex is alright (accompanied by some well-meaning but perhaps overly hard thumps on the back), Valrakas searches the riverbank to pick up the goblin trail.
Last edited September 27, 2015 1:42 am

Rolls

Swim (Athletics) - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Perception - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Sep 27, 2015 1:45 am
The river gives Valrakas a little more trouble than he expected but his experience on the water helps him push through without incident.

You are all now on the far bank of the river. Valrakas and Erevior stand at the trail's entrance into the woods and Cryriel and Vex are a little further down stream.
Sep 27, 2015 3:36 am
Cyriel stands miserably wet on the waters edge and looks back towards Valrakas and Erevior. "Don't worry I'm fine. I made it across. Seems I'm a better swimmer than Vex." Glancing back towards the gnome he adds, "Are you alright friend?"

He wrings some water out of his robe and then weaves some hand gestures to dry his robes further.
Merlin sent a note to szemely
"That's better, now I'm ready. We can catch up with Cecil."
Sep 27, 2015 5:31 am
"Yes, I think I'm ok. A bit waterlogged, but ok," Vex says as he coughs up some water. After recovering from his swim he will look around to see if he can find the goblins trail.

Rolls

Perception (Disadvantage) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (18) + 2 = 20

1d20+2 : (17) + 2 = 19

Sep 27, 2015 4:22 pm
That's how you handle a disadvantage roll!!

szemely sent a note to Naatkinson
Sep 27, 2015 4:49 pm
Vex looks around for a moment and begins hopping up and down in excitement, "I've found the trail!" he then points it out for everyone else to see.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.