1.0 - The Rescue of Hethan Romund

load previous
Oct 11, 2015 11:42 pm
The Gatekeeper looks at Dagger and inquires, "And what makes you think you'll find your mentor here?" His arm waves across the scenery in front of you with his palm upward, "This is a lovely, but desolate place, with very little by way of sophisticated residents."

OOC: Csillag, how about a Knowledge (Lore) role?
Oct 12, 2015 12:06 am
OOC: Makes more sense, she'll give that a go.

OOC: GM adding 3 purple dice given the relatively esoteric nature of the knowledge being sought.

Rolls

Knowledge (Lore)

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Difficulty dice

3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 12, 2015 1:49 am
Csillag looks at the apparition and noodles for a bit. There's something tugging at the back of her mind about what she sees but, unfortunately, the details escape her.
Oct 12, 2015 6:07 am
"We come to rescue Hethan; her message suggested she has been taken here against her will."
Last edited October 12, 2015 6:08 am
Oct 12, 2015 10:50 am
Dusting off the last of the pine needles he could see Heyop addressed the figure scanning the area. "Our apologies for entering into your domain, we come as my companions have stated to find our elder and teacher. We will be in your domain as little as possible if we can manage it. Although we are in a bit of a hurry to find her you seem to possibly need help, is it something that needs immediate attention? Although I was taught to help those in need... having my mentor possible meet her end because of it leaves me conflicted. So if it's something that can wait or something we can do along the way I personally don't mind. But if it's something more... uh... I guess if you scratch our back so to speak we'll do the same..." Heyop said taking the time to loosen limbs from his jaunt through the trees and grabbing a hand of snow to rub over his face before dusting it off.

(OoC: My intent is still trying to press since we don't know where our mentor is but if we're in this Gatekeeper's land I think we have a few moments to hear him out unless it sounds like a elaborate favor that will take several days and delay us... also seeing about a barter of sorts for services rendered as a possibility maybe to help us find Romund.)

Rolls

Recovering Cool Rank 1 Presence 3 GGY

3 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 3 Advantage

Oct 12, 2015 2:14 pm
This ghostly visage looks out at you and nods. "Yes, I am well aware of Hethan Romund and her fate. It is intertwined with how I would ask you to be of use to me. My temple is currently occupied by a servant of the dark side of the Force. I wish this villain removed, before his corruption of this sacred valley becomes permanent. The question remains wheter or not you are the people for the job, however."
Oct 12, 2015 2:36 pm
Heyop stopped at the words mid-stride doing an about-face and walking back in front of the visage of the Gatekeeper. It seemed the person required assistance in getting out whoever invaded the temple and they were the one most likely to have their mentor.

"We're all that's here in the immediate area. We don't really have the option to not do what we can or fail in this endeavor I don't think... With that said what do you need from us and what can you tell us about the situation so we can get this 'villian' out and get our mentor out of her situation? I'm all ears now. Dial us in on everything we need to know. " the Mirialan stated now giving the Gatekeeper his full attention.

(OoC: The group can probably tell Heyop's mood and posture have changed after the Gatekeeper's last statement being sharper in his movements and very militaristic now while talking to the Gatekeeper. He's polite but seems to want the blunt truthes and facts. Also let me know from my roll how much strain I recovered please.)
Oct 12, 2015 2:43 pm
"Do you mean Malefax, or another? Hethan mentioned that Malefax had taken her." Kaveri, finding herself growing agitated once more, attempts to calm herself. "If we must prove ourselves worthy to enter, please let us know how we may do so. We do not wish to trespass, only to rescue Hethan."
Last edited October 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Rolls

Cool check to regain composure

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Oct 12, 2015 3:49 pm
The being nods to Kaveri, who has mastered her emotions and senses... hints of age... around the apparition. "Yes, Malefax is the one about whom I speak. He is attempting to force your mentor to reveal the secrets of my temple. A vain attempt, as she does not know my secrets. However, he is completely ensnared by the dark side and utterly focused on increasing his own power. So what your mentor does, or does not, know is quite possibly irrelevant to him."

He then turns to look at Heyop and considers his offer...

OOC: Heyop -- roll a negotiation check opposed by a red and purple die and add a boost die due to your successful climb of the rise earlier.

OOC: Heyop recovers up to three strain (it's 1 per success when recovered in this way)
Oct 12, 2015 9:14 pm
Inhaling deeply and nodding at the revelation of the Gatekeeper's words Heyop rubbed a palm against his chin before pulling his impromptu face mask of cloth back into place.

"From what you tell me. If Romund doesn't know the secrets she could bluff or be honest with him and I'm pretty sure Malefax cares little either way or has been anything but reasonable since she's being detained by him. We need to get our mentor out, you need us to draw him out of there before his quest brings about acts of desecration upon your temple. That sound about right? If so what can you tell us more of Malefax and the temple? Are there others with him? Could you aid us or are we pretty much jumping in and attempting to to give a hopeful 'beatdown' to a very bad and dangerous individual?" he asked looking towards the Gatekeeper.

(OoC: This is odd since I have no people skills really... D=)

Rolls

Let's make a deal! (Negotiation Rank 0 Presence 3)

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Advantage

Oct 12, 2015 11:29 pm
The apparition pauses and considers the implicit deal offered by Heyop. He doesn't appear convinced at Heyop's brusque manner, but nor is he outright denying the implicit "we'll get Hethan out and help clear out your Malefax problem" deal that's been offered. "Hmm." the Gatekeeper mumbles, as if trying to decide whether to chew out an apprentice or award points for directness.

OOC: Given the 3 advantage, I'll give someone else an opportunity to close the deal. Kaveri and Csillag can do it with https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.pnghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.pnghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.png. Dagger, due to his challenge in besting the ridge has some skepticism to overcome in the eyes of the Gatekeeper and will need to do it with https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.pnghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.pnghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-black.png
Oct 13, 2015 12:00 am
Attempting to convince the Gatekeeper that the rescue of the group's mentor could be of benefit to all involved Csillag steps up and speaks calmly.

"Let us be of use to you then. Hethan, once rescued, would be a very useful tool in removing the darkness that is attempting to corrupt this sacred valley."

Let's see if I understand how to do this dice thing. Going with Negotiation Skill (rank 1) Presence (rank 2). So 1 green, 1 yellow, and 3 boost, yea?

Rolls

Negotiation

3 Success, 5 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 5 Advantage

Oct 13, 2015 12:48 am
The Gatekeeper nods, seeing wisdom and teamwork in how the group come together on Hethan's behalf. "Though, I believe you will be more instrumental in the removal of this dark stain than your mentor -- I agree that her safe release is a good idea." He looks around at each of you in turn, "You have asked what I know of Malefax and the temple."

He looks towards the distance, "The temple is my home. You can see what's left of its spires above the trees from here, at the far end of the valley. It is a sacred place, strong in the Force and one reason I have appeared before you is that I will not allow it to be defiled." Looking back at the party he adds, "Because of the temple's location I feel protective of it and its inhabitants. I have no desire for the dark side to take root here. Unfortunately the presence in the temple has already soured the land. You are not alone in this valley, and the locals have become quite hostile since the temple fell to the dark side. I will do what I can to help you get past them, though I cannot prevent them from attacking you."

"As to Malefax," he adds. "He is a Devaronian and he will underestimate you -- and your ability to work as a team. That will be his greatest weakness as you attempt to best him. I sense that he is stronger in the Force than any of you individually, but together you can prevail."
Oct 13, 2015 2:52 am
"Then we should spare no time. If it is as you say the plague of the dark side spreads through these lands already. What is our first obstacle? What is in this valley ahead?", Dagger questions.
Oct 13, 2015 3:35 am
"A group of hunters now approaches your position, their minds clouded by the dark side. Even if you evade them now, they will continue to hunt you, and they will find you. I will lead them into a ruin not far from the lake. You can conceal yourselves and strike from ambush. I would take it as a kindness if you would leave at least some of them alive. Go quickly now, we have only moments." Then the Gatekeeper is gone. You press through the snowy trees and across a bridge until you come to the ruin he mentioned, hiding yourselves seconds before the first of the fur-clad hunters enters the ruin. He holds an old-style slugthrower rifle, and his face is daubed with blood. Soon, the entire group of hunters is in the center of the ruin, and it is time to strike...

OOC: Initiative order would usually be determined herein through roles, but the beginning adventure provides an order based upon the Gatekeepers assistance. It is 1st PC, 2nd PC, 3rd PC, NPCs, 4th PC. You guys can take it in any order you please. If you don't care or don't specify, I'll do it in the order you post and interject the NPCs between the third and fourth of you to post.

EDIT: Adding Picture.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FAD-ruins.png

Edge to edge range = long
Edge to center range = medium
within ruins = short

The attackers are clustered in the center -- my assumption is that you are each hidden amongst the ruins.
Oct 13, 2015 4:14 am
Dagger pops from the shadows and weaves his way to the nearest hunter, his vibro knife is in his hand. It's a flash of steel as he descends on the first target.

[ OOC: If I hit with the Vibroknife it is Pierce 2 and Damage +1. ]

- GM OOC: Added two difficulty die for Engaged-Melee.
Last edited October 13, 2015 4:15 am

Rolls

Melee (Brawn)

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

2 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Oct 13, 2015 4:50 am
Revolted by the way the hunters have used animal blood to decorate themselves - carnivorous Togruta view this as a criminal waste of food - Kaveri takes aim at one of the hunters carrying a rifle and fires her blaster rifle.

OOC note: damage on a hit is 9 plus 1 per success, and is a critical hit when 3 or more advantage remain on a roll. Per our earlier discussion, I'll leave it to the GM to add the difficulty/setback dice to determine the final result.

- GM EDIT: added 1 difficulty die for short range. Also noted the 'takes aim'. Since there's no maneuver from Kaveri she can add a blue 'boost' die if she likes, taking the 'aim' maneuver. I didn't add it because that's controlling your character and felt like that crossed the line.
Last edited October 13, 2015 4:55 am

Rolls

Firing blaster rifle

2 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 13, 2015 1:59 pm
Heyop nodded hearing the addition of his ally which seemed to convince the Gatekeeper to assist them in their task as well as take their assistance in his. From what keeper knew they would have an advantage over Malefax for the environment it would make sense to ensnare the locals as he would have no clue on the ins and outs of the lands around the area. They would have to think in cunning manners to overpower him. Tactics and schemes would have to wait since they would soon have company. Watching from a position of ambush one of his companions was the first to act rushing the group in melee, another moved to give him cover fire. Heyop from his position aimed at the hunter already taking blaster fire and added to the concentrated fire. Depending on how they reacted to the attacker he’d change tactics if needed going into melee… being surrounded was bad but being in the sights of your companions as well would make things worse.

(OoC: Aiming for one blue dice bonus for my maneuver action and taking a shot from cover Ranged - Light Rank 1 Agility 3 Edit: it crits on 4+ advantage)

GM Edit: adding 1 difficulty die for short range.
Last edited October 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Rolls

Pew pew with a holdout pistol Ranged - Light 1 + Aiming

1 Success, 5 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 5 Advantage

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 13, 2015 10:22 pm
From her position Csillag smiles as it appears luck is on her party's side as the hunters gather in such a tight formation. Reaching under her robes she reaches for her frag grenade but quickly pushes that idea out of her mind as Dagger charges in. Grabbing her holdout blaster instead she steadies her aim and will fire at one of the hunters furthest from Dagger.

OOC: Agility 2 / Range-Light 1 = 1G1Y : Aiming = 1C : Range Short = 1P (If I hosed this up you can just re-roll the entire attack)

Rolls

Attack Roll [Ranged Short Aim]

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 14, 2015 3:59 pm
The five hunters are taken by surprise as Dagger bursts from cover and descends upon them. Wading in with his vibroknife, Dagger slashes at the nearest hunter, but due to some uncertain footing in the terrain over-extends himself slightly and winds up in an awkward position for a follow up. He does manage to dig in through the rustic clothing to score a hit but his opponent looks at him, both surprised and affronted more than wounded.

Kaveri's blaster rifle ka-pews and sends a bright red bolt of energy into the torso of one of the hunters, singing his clothing and throwing him backwards to the ground, his slugthrower rifle clattering to the ground. He doesn't appear to look like he's going to get up again as a small wisp of smoke from his singed clothing rises from his corpse.

Heyop sees Kaveri's target go down and tries to quick change targets, aim and fire, but mis-times the shot and it goes wide, plowing into a stone plinth, showering the ground with bits of dust and newly-formed gravel.

OOC: Dagger should take a setback (https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-black.png) die on his next action. Dagger's Vibroknife cuts through 2 out of 3 soak. Dagger's Brawn of 1 +1 (vibroknife) +2 (uncancelled success) damage = 4 damage. 4 damage - 1 soak = 3 wound to the enemy (now dubbed Acklay).

OOC: Kaveri has 2 advantage to spend as she sees fit. She may: recover strain (1), or perform a bonus maneuver without suffering strain (e.g. an aim on the next target, take cover to create a setback die on attacks against you, etc.). Or you can opt for something of similar scope that's different and appropriate to the plot and situation.

OOC: Heyop has 3 advantage to spend. Options include strain recovery, bonus maneuver (move, aim, take cover, etc.), may take a boost die on the next shot on the same target or something else appropriate to the plot and situation. Heyop's missed target is hereby dubbed Bantha.

OOC: The remaining hunters shall be dubbed Chiilak and Dewback

Edit: updated damage.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.