Tatooine - Owen Fortuna

Sep 27, 2015 10:50 pm
On a particularly hot day, deep in a dark cantina in Mos Eisley, an intense game of sabacc has been going on since the previous night. Four beings sit around a table staring intently at their cards.

"You in or you gonna fold Owen?" the well muscled Nikto asks from across the table.
Sep 27, 2015 11:01 pm
Owen Fortuna looks down at his cards, thinking about his next move. After a moment, he smirks and throws some chips onto the mound of credits in the center of the table.

"Of course I'm in. I see your bet and raise you twenty!"
Sep 28, 2015 1:01 am
The Nikto, Noof, leans back in his chair, his green skin darkening. "You're bein' awfully generous givin' me all those credits there." he says. "I'll math you and raise you another 20." he throws another couple of credit chips into the pile, causing the xexto to the right to throw his four hands up in the air and fold.
Sep 29, 2015 2:42 am
"Awfully confident, aren't you, Noof? Maybe I've finally met my match. I see your twenty and I call your hand. Let's see what's behind those big meathooks of yours," Owen says while throwing another handful of chips on the table. As he sits back in his chair he subtly palms a card into his hand.

Rolls

Owen palms a card into his hand. (Skulduggery)

4 Success, 1 Triumph, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Threat, 1 Triumph

Sep 29, 2015 2:48 am
Forgot the force die...

Rolls

Addition to previous post:

2 White Force Points

Sep 29, 2015 3:03 am
The players show their hands with Owen coming out on top winning the 100 credits. The Chadra-Fan on the left throws up his hands chittering madly.

"Easy Taiko. He won fair and square. Besides, his luck can't hold out the whole night. " Noof says with a smirk on his face. "Care to raise the stakes? Maybe 100 ante this time?"
Sep 29, 2015 3:07 am
"Why don't we make it interesting?" Owen pushes all of his chips into the middle of the table. "All or nothing!"
Sep 29, 2015 3:11 am
Noof leans forward in his chair, smilling. "Alright I'm in." The other two agree as well and the cards are dealt.

OOC: This check will be at 2 purple 2 red, but you get an upgrade and a boost from your advantages and triumph last round.
Sep 29, 2015 3:19 am
That pile of credits on the table was too much to resist. Despite his better judgement, Owen palms another card into his hand and then tosses the cards down on the worn tabletop.

Rolls

"Would you look at that, another 23!" (Skulduggery)

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat, 2 White Force Points

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Sep 29, 2015 3:20 am
Sorry, forgot the boost...

Rolls

Addition to previous post:

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Sep 29, 2015 3:47 am
As Owen reaches out to grab the credits, Noof puts a giant hand over them. "One last round. Double or nothing. What do you say?" Noof asks.
Sep 30, 2015 4:51 am
Owen realizes this Nikto doesn't plan on leaving this table without those credits. He slowly leans back in his seat. "You know me, Noof, can't turn down an offer like that. Deal me in."
Sep 30, 2015 4:32 pm
Noof sits back and smiles. "Smart move Owen." he says as he deals the cards to just himself and Owen. The two other beings begin gathering their stuff and standing to watch the last round.

OOC: It's going to be 2 red 2 purple for the difficulty again.
Oct 1, 2015 2:43 pm
The stakes are much higher this time, and Owen feels the gaze of the other aliens as he considers his next move. He still has his ace up his sleeve - his skifter card. "Let's get this over with Noof. Show me your hand." Owen says as he slides the skifter card in with the other cards.

Rolls

Palming skifter card into hand (Skukduggery, extra boost die from skifter)

5 Success, 4 Failure, 2 White Force Points

Total: 1 Success

Oct 2, 2015 3:22 pm
As Owen is gathering up the pile if now 4000 credits, Noof sighs and stands. "Listen, buddy. I like you, and you played one hell of a game, but I can't let you leave with all those credits." He nods to the two 9 the beings who step up behind Owen. "Nothing personal man, just business."
Oct 2, 2015 3:53 pm
Owen rests his hand on his holster. "I figured it would end this way. You're very predictable, Noof," he says with a chuckle.

Rolls

Rolling initiative (Cool)

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Oct 2, 2015 7:17 pm
Initiative

Rolls

Noof

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Chadra-Fan

2 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Xexto

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 2, 2015 7:19 pm
Noof winds back and throws a punch catching Owen square in the jaw. Owen stumbles back into the Xexto who grabs onto him with all four hands. Noof's follow through causes him to stumble forward off balance.

Deals 8 damage minus your Soak to wounds.

Rolls

Brawl

5 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 2 Threat, 1 Triumph

Oct 2, 2015 7:29 pm
The xexto attempts to hit Owen with his extra arms, but the two of them end up tangled on the ground.

Rolls

Xexto Brawl(holding on)

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 1 Advantage

Oct 2, 2015 7:32 pm
The Chadra-Fan pulls out a blaster pistol and aims it at Owen as the two of them struggle on the ground.

It's your turn now.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.