OOC Thread

load previous
Jan 7, 2016 5:28 pm
Double post!

I think for Social interactions after a quick lookup it would be my Charm GGY versus his Cool ??? maybe a conditional setback or boost due to the situation (strangers) and the verbage used (if he's not the boss we will comply and explain why to said boss).
Jan 7, 2016 5:31 pm
Is it possible for Torhaa to assist? Not charming, obviously, but he can be threatening and coercive - might be a means to acquiring another boost? Not sure how assisting works in this system.
Jan 7, 2016 5:47 pm
Well I'm trying to be civil and nice to use Charm although it is I guess a threat that if we're turned away we're going to state why we aren't delivering. I'm also not name dropping due to mixed company... Sssh think of blueberries or they're read your mind! We might be doing a labored approach though, I explain things nicely (Charm) which gives him pause and you remind immediately afterwards (Coercion) he should probably do what his boss would want versus flexing on anyone that shows up which makes him sweat... unless this is a hold up (by a rival or a sneaky underling) in which case I tried.
Jan 7, 2016 5:50 pm
Well, Torhaa ignoring them and talking to "steve" is, in my mind, a subtle coercive effort. He's not threatened by them, because he knows that he's the most threatening and fearsome person in the room (probably is, I've got tons of XP and a racial trait baked into being terrifying if I need to be). He's not doing the coercing, just using body language to be suggestive that, if he has to, he will (which is why I was wondering if I could assist to provide a boost, and not suggesting I just take over the check ;) ).
Last edited January 7, 2016 5:51 pm
Jan 7, 2016 6:04 pm
It's like I'm the carrot and your the exploding stick launcher aimed at them with the safety on.
Jan 8, 2016 1:36 pm
Good thing I got boost dice! For the advantages in squad formation plus success how about, he sends a runner to speed up our time waiting. His "backup muscle" between the mention of doing not what the boss wants, name drops, and what looks like possible almost a full crew of deadly people that will paint the hanger red, don't know if people know what Jedi look like, let's say thouse to just give off a grim reaper vibe that makes them nervous.

Short version, I want the deal to start up and go smooth.
Jan 8, 2016 6:51 pm
Wow. 5 advantage. Crazy roll :).
Last edited January 8, 2016 6:51 pm
Jan 11, 2016 8:47 pm
sorry for my absence, my power went out in my neighborhood in anchorage alaska, and i just got my internet back up
Jan 18, 2016 4:52 pm
Sorry gang -- but doesn't feel very jedi to let the crew just start shooting at people without cause. And the fact that one person felt like, to quote admiral ackbar, "it's a trap" wouldn't have been sufficient.
Jan 18, 2016 4:54 pm
Whelp, Torhaa's going after the jedi then :)
Jan 18, 2016 4:55 pm
..which is kind of his hope. ;) Away from combat, perhaps he can reason with the guy and get out of here. :)
Jan 18, 2016 9:30 pm
On a side note most Jedi that are good don't get caught up in illegal deals or a shoot out over a double cross... ah ha ha ha... so it's a good cover no? Please don't kill me.
Jan 19, 2016 11:55 am
well my robot is gonna robot
Jan 19, 2016 7:06 pm
I don't understand the init order... it is "first PC to post"? As in, our init rolls aren't for us specifically but for determining the over structure of the turn taking? Or is there a specific PC that goes first (Mordecai I would take it, as I believe his roll was the best one).
Last edited January 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Jan 19, 2016 7:11 pm
Candi says:
I don't understand the init order... it is "first PC to post"? As in, our init rolls aren't for us specifically but for determining the over structure of the turn taking? Or is there a specific PC that goes first (Mordecai I would take it, as I believe his roll was the best one).
In FF Star Wars games, we roll for Initiative Slots, not order. So our rolls determine the available PC slots, GM's rolls determine available NPC slots. Any PC may go on any PC Initiative Slot.

Here on a PbP game, that basically means whoever posts first. In a face to face game, the PCs can choose who goes to maximize tactics.
Jan 19, 2016 7:22 pm
Cool, thanks!

EDIT: I'm happy to let someone else go first. As, I plan to chase after Leokri; which isn't tactically advantageous at all. Indeed, if an NPC engages me before I act, that might be tactically the best outcome!
Last edited January 19, 2016 8:15 pm
Jan 20, 2016 9:47 pm
Ooo I messed up Bam's more dramatic shot... at least I had a cool line. What do we do?
Last edited January 20, 2016 9:47 pm
Jan 20, 2016 9:49 pm
Remnant says:
Ooo I messed up Bam's more dramatic shot... at least I had a cool line. What do we do?
I just edited my post. Since you killed the leader, Vakim is targeting the thugs.
Jan 20, 2016 9:53 pm
Alright sorry to steal your thunder. At least we know they'll be a little rattled now plus your triumph.
Jan 22, 2016 9:18 pm
Ok, so Mordecai is gonna try to execute both of these goons (assuming they surrender, otherwise just keep fighting as normal) because dead witnesses are good witnesses. What do I need to do for that?

Edit: To clarify, I'd like to execute them by either breaking their necks with my hands or grabbing a blaster from one of my nearby compadres
Last edited January 22, 2016 9:21 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.