OOC Thread

Oct 3, 2015 3:15 am
Somewhere for out of character chat/discussion.
Oct 4, 2015 4:38 pm
Good to see Grapthor again! Characters look good so far.
I'll try to get a game thread going tonight at some point.
A couple things :
1)I'd like you guys to come up with some minor bonds to link yourselves to each other, especially our circle and not circle mage.

2)perhaps come up with a personal motivation (I see Phantom has this already with his father.) this doesn't have to be anything major, just might give me some food for random thought down the road.
Oct 5, 2015 3:24 pm
My intention with Lockley the Circle Mage is to make him a loyalist but not a zealot. He has a focus on religious lore, which is not limited to the Chantry, and instead speaks to a burning desire to understand how other cultures have handled the inherent dangers of sorcery, perhaps without resorting to the draconian methods of the Templars.

As to non-circle mages, he will tolerate them as he understands that the Templars can't be the only solution, but his loyalty to the Circle will mean that should the apostate exhibit a full lack of control of their abilities, the Templars may still get called upon.
Oct 5, 2015 4:13 pm
I hadn't noticed at first that Jake is a Tevinter mage, must be a new background in the CRB. It's all good though.
I suppose circle mages probably trust Tevinter mages about as much as apostates.
Oct 5, 2015 8:06 pm
How would you guys feel about something kind of like this to get us started:

You've all found reasons to follow your goals to Denerim, be it knowledge, fame, riches. Due to some recent troubles with shipping into Denerim's port, those arriving from the North (Jake) had been forced to land in Amaranthine and travel by road the rest of the way to Denerim. It is on this caravan that the rest of our party can meet up with each other, and perhaps even seen each others' capabilities fighting off some brigands.

How does this sound? Let me know if I missed something in your character concept that is clashing with this possibility.

EDIT: Don't worry spaceseeker, I think I have an idea if you go for ambitious city elf of how we can make that fit with leaving the city temporarily.
Oct 5, 2015 8:15 pm
That sounds fine, Grendel.
Oct 5, 2015 9:10 pm
Yes, that sounds fine. I think Rothas' ambition could easily take him out of the city on a quest for glory.
Oct 6, 2015 12:25 am
Cool cool cool
Oct 6, 2015 2:33 am
I think my last known place that my father had been seen is Denerim. I know little after that as to his whereabouts. I'm sure I'll find a dead end, but I have to try. My character is pretty easy to guide for the start of the game because I'm following the trail of someone else. If he has passed through somewhere, I hope to have known it.

As suggested by Grendal, I know many Banns keep extensive private records and libraries, so getting in with a wealthy patron might prove a valuable boon to your search for your father's story.

To reitterate a bit. My mother is non-magical. I seem to have the inherent gift to magic, this is why I'm trying to find my father. To understand more about myself and the magic I seem to have the ability to control.
Last edited October 6, 2015 2:36 am
Oct 6, 2015 2:37 am
Excellent. I'll have a post up in the next few hours. You guys will be rolling into the city after a relatively light adventure. I'll give you a chance to RP what might have happened, maybe boast & brag. Anything goes (within reason), feel free to make up anything interesting that may have brought you all closer together on the trip from Amaranthine to Denerim.
Oct 6, 2015 4:12 am
All right everyone, have at her! Let me know if you have any questions. Keep the hate mail to my PM box ;)
Oct 7, 2015 3:25 pm
I cycled the 'lock' on the game thread, hopefully it lets you post normally. If not we can let keleth know.
Oct 8, 2015 1:47 am
I'll move us along later tonight if no one else has anything to add.
Oct 8, 2015 7:55 pm
Are these robed people part of a group that we should know as being from this world? Maybe a knowledge roll?
Oct 8, 2015 10:42 pm
They don't have any obvious markings or trappings that would suggest any particular order or sect.
There's a chance, but it'll require two checks. An average (tn 11) perception(hearing) and if you succeed, a hard (tn 15) cunning(religious lore)

Everyone else can try the perception test as well if you want, and the religious lore if you have the focus.
Oct 8, 2015 11:59 pm
I'll just make those rolls here.
Oh yeah! Got those checks. What do I know?
Oh wait, do I have to have those focuses in order to make the rolls?
Last edited October 9, 2015 12:03 am

Rolls

Perception - (3d6+2)

(155) + 2 = 13

Cunning - (3d6+2)

(665) + 2 = 19

Oct 9, 2015 1:39 am
I was thinking you'd need the Religious Lore focus, but we'll let it slide this time. I don't like the RAW rules that they can just never be taken, especially with things like perception, so I'll decide on a case by case basis, feel free to suggest rolls like this whenever you like. I'll give you the result in the game thread.
Oct 9, 2015 2:32 am
Actually reading through the Corebook it looks like he did it right. If we don't have the specific focus we can just add the base ability score that you are looking for, we just lose the +2 for the focus.

From the Corebook:
Roll all three dice and add the results together; you want to roll high. You then add the ability you’re testing and another 2 if you have an applicable ability focus. The final number is your test result.
Last edited October 9, 2015 2:37 am
Oct 9, 2015 4:14 am
Okay, perfect. I think I was recalling some forum discussion I had stumbled upon. Phantom, you have the new CRB right?
Oct 9, 2015 5:21 am
Yeah I have the PDF for the new corebook. Wish I had $60 to drop on the hardcover. The art is great.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.